and the award for silliest thing said at IRS expo goes to...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i was behind an exhibit all day and had a chance to communicate with the public. here are my favourite bits:

the bearded gent who asked if any of the geckos were poisonous, because when he was younger there were dangerous biting geckos in the woodpile.

the trail bike rider who had seen a 14 foot diamond.

and the woman i overheard telling her children that the large amphibians they were looking at were canetoads, despite the very clear label stating they were Green Tree Frogs.

hahaha yer i get things like this all the time.
because im known as the kid who catches snakes at school every time someone see a snake that think they have to come and tell me.
i always get my dad killed a brown snake in the backyark on the weekend. and when they discribe the snake it ends up being a yellow faced whipe snake. every single week this happens lol. sounds like a good expo wish i could of been there.

how is this silly? in the hinterlands in malanie QLD my friend saw a 15ft...they are bigger in the wild then the captive bred ones it took 5mins for the diamond to cross the yard because it was so big

actually no shellfisch, amusing as those statements were, my highlights were all the parents of enraptured children who asked me about reptile licencing and how to go about buying a pet for their child.

how is this silly? in the hinterlands in malanie QLD my friend saw a 15ft...they are bigger in the wild then the captive bred ones it took 5mins for the diamond to cross the yard because it was so big

Diamonds in QLD?

woman with a child pointing to bearded dragon: oh we have one of those at home
vendor: a bearded dragon?
woman: yeah that!
vendor: ...
woman: so do they need a light and stuff?
vendor: !!!

in the hinterlands, my mate filmed this 15ft diamond crossing the garden, and he's removed 2 from there garage, he knows they won't bite him unless provoked and so he doesn't kill them...much to my liking.

actually no shellfisch, amusing as those statements were, my highlights were all the parents of enraptured children who asked me about reptile licencing and how to go about buying a pet for their child.

As I said earlier Jack. In NO way was my comment meant to upset you or anybody. I don't make a habit of upsetting anybody.

Something appears to have been lost in translation :?

I am glad that you had an otherwise good day :D

Indeed, Its unfriendly killing QLD diamonds that are 15ft. Good job by your friend.

plus he knows i go ape at people that kill pythons, common knowledge that snakes are more scared of us then we are of them.

but lambert may well be when i point out that her post is equal in humourous content to those i initially referred to...

most probably a coastal, i dont believe diamonds get that far up the coast :p certainly not 15ft one!

in the hinterlands, my mate filmed this 15ft diamond crossing the garden, and he's removed 2 from there garage, he knows they won't bite him unless provoked and so he doesn't kill them...much to my liking.

probably a broadhead up there... they do look similar!

i'll try and get a pic off him, he resides in NSW but goes to maleny on some weekends

but lambert may well be when i point out that her post is equal in humourous content to those i initially referred to...

why would i be offended? might seem humourous to you but i've seen the video

i was behind an exhibit all day and had a chance to communicate with the public. here are my favourite bits:

the bearded gent who asked if any of the geckos were poisonous, because when he was younger there were dangerous biting geckos in the woodpile.

and the woman i overheard telling her children that the large amphibians they were looking at were canetoads, despite the very clear label stating they were Green Tree Frogs.

First of all I WASNT the mother but Id say something like that to my kids to get away with not buying it :) .... Lol well maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back