Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyBeardieLover

Reaction score
Please everyone i need suggestions for reptiles (not snakes) (maybe amphibians?) That could live together in a big complex (not in same enclosure) and does anyone have any ideas where i could get a caging complex (like enclosures [different sizes] stacked together?) Thankyou! :)

get frogs! you could make an awesome rainforest enclosure for them =]

There are heaps of geckos out there. Are already said Nephrurus genus are popular and great terrestrial geckos. Arboreal geckos that are good include Strophurus, Oedura and Saltuaris.
Another great genus fewer people keep but which are really cool are Diplodactylus, just do not get and D.vittatus. (They are cool geckos but a taxonomic mess and not worth the trouble.)

Thanks everyone! More suggestions would be great! Just_Plain_Nuts what dimensions could you offer? Thankyou!!!
I'm thinking i want to get [so far]:
Another central bearded dragon (coz they're to cool)
A small colony of central netteds (i was thinking about 4 and putting them in a 4ft enclosure and using that modelling sand to make a hilly habitat with lots of little gaves and also getting some heath or something to put in there!)
And some more geckos...probably a wheeleri [though they are expensive] and some knobbies (any breed suggestions here?)
Also what is the best skink that doesn't mind being held?
Thankyou!!!

**little caves
and yeah maybe some froggies if theres leftover room! Any tropical lizards i could get instead of frogs? Thankyou all so so much!

With skinks, Pink tongues and Blue tongues are both large and fairly docile, pink tongues are a bit harder to come by though. Water skinks are good, theyre smaller and I hear fairly docile :D

Well I've researched a fair bit and I'm keeping mine in a 45cm long 45cm wide 60cm high tank, they surprisingly dont need a long tank, as long as its tall its fine. A heatmat for adults, no heating for babies or if you live in a warm area such as North QLD. Feed them some snails or non-fish catfood twice a week, keep the tank fairly moist, use cocopeat as substrate and give them places to climb and hide :D

For nobbies Nrphrurus levis, Nephrurus amyae, and Nephrurus wheeleri (which you have already mentioned) are popular and nice geckos.

By the way forget about what I said about the D.vittatus I have some for sale. :p

Tropical lizards hmmm, well there are some tropical geckos. (Can you tell I am nuts for geckos?) some examples being Saltuarius cornutus or Strophurus ciliaris.
Skinks are also pretty cool and in that range I reckon pink tongues are the most awesome.
If you want dragons H.spinipes (not tropical but rainforest- sub temperate vine thicket rainforest) are really cool and easier to keep than their fellow H.boydii which is a tropical species.

But seriously go with geckos they are just so awesome. :p

By the way your C.nuchalis setup sounds like it could be cool, the only thing I mention is that I am not sure what a appropriate number would be for a colony of these guys as the males are rather territorial, usually one male to two females or less is what people keep of most lizards depending on the lizard.

Thanks so much everyone!
Gecko photographer: Thankyou so much! I am mad for geckos to they are awesome! Any Underwoodisaurus Milli for sale (males)??? Here is a plan! :

REPTILESTACKTANK.jpg

For the 60x45x60 I'd go for some frogs :D
For the 30x45X60 id say a leaf tailed gecko or spiny tail as they are aboreal and its a tall tank

Thanks everyone! More suggestions would be great! Just_Plain_Nuts what dimensions could you offer? Thankyou!!!
I'm thinking i want to get [so far]:
Another central bearded dragon (coz they're to cool)
A small colony of central netteds (i was thinking about 4 and putting them in a 4ft enclosure and using that modelling sand to make a hilly habitat with lots of little gaves and also getting some heath or something to put in there!)
And some more geckos...probably a wheeleri [though they are expensive] and some knobbies (any breed suggestions here?)
Also what is the best skink that doesn't mind being held?
Thankyou!!!

**little caves
and yeah maybe some froggies if theres leftover room! Any tropical lizards i could get instead of frogs? Thankyou all so so much!
Anything you want, we make to order. Either you give us the specs and we'll quote you or you tell us what you need and we can design something special for you. We are quite creative.

For one of the 60X45X60 go the pink tongue skink, the other get maybe some L.infrafranta or L.splendida (Frogs whose names I may have mispelled). The 30x45x60 would be fine for Spiny-tailed gecko, Leaf-tailed gecko, Velvet Gecko, (Ring-tailed gecko on NSW class 2 license), or Dtellas. You could maybe even fit a pair of Gehyra australis and a pair of Strophurus ciliaris or similar in there. The bottom cage looks the most interesting, I would love to see how it goes.

Yeah Stein enclosures sure make spectacular terrariums, I can just imagine your plan being built by them... it'd look amazing! I'm jealous already :lol:

Hehe thanks everyone ill have to do more research on all these breeds and get some quotes and of course more suggestions would be fabulous :)

I want one so badly!!! Anyone got any ideas how to breed food??? What is smallest snake i could get? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back