Gunmen blaze away at snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems my initial complaint went through a few departments. I received another email as follows:

Hi Luke

In regards to your enquiry below, the Department of Environment and Resource Management carried out an investigation for the shooting of snakes.

Due to the use of firearms in this investigation, all evidence and findings were given over to the QLD Police to continue the investigation.

QLD Police can prosecute under our legislation and therefore it was felt they should continue with the whole investigation.

Thanks for you assistance in this matter.

Rosie Savoca
A/Operations Manager (Southern)
Wildlife Management Unit
Conservation, Strategy and Planning
Department of Environment and Resource Management
4th Floor, 400 George Street Brisbane QLD 4001
GPO Box 2454 Brisbane QLD 4001
Ph: 07 3330 5258
Fax: 07 3330 5277
Email: [email protected]

I still don't see how they can't/won't also pursue these idiots on separate wildlife charges. I presume the police aren't going to be interested in matters regarding wildlife, they're only interested in the firearms breaches. That's where the "supposed" Wildlife Management title would come into play??

Bah! Put this back to them :) I can't let them walk off this lightly :lol:

Hi Rosie,

Just out of interest. The police will only follow up on the firearms breach, but won’t follow up regarding the offense committed under the protected wildlife act. Understandably your department won’t follow up on a firearms issue because that’s a police matter, but what will your department do regarding the wildlife breach?

Kind regards,

Luke

Hmmm, we never got any email back about this.

I would hope that all departments would combine to enforce all the laws that were broken. But it seems nothing is fair or uniform Oz wide. The pencil pushers sitting back in their cushy jobs are just as big parasites as the red necks doing the shooting, they have the law behind them to do something & do nothing. Don't know why they even bother spending thousands writing up these laws.

QLD Police can prosecute under our legislation and therefore it was felt they should continue with the whole investigation.

She did state the police could prosecute under their legislation, but if they will is another matter.

She did state the police could prosecute under their legislation, but if they will is another matter.

You're right. That was the response I just received:

Luke

The police will follow up the wildlife breach.

They are authorised under our Act

Thanks for the update Luke,..I hope you/we get the desired results needed. It's good your getting a response at least.

i like julie hayes response to this article !!!

coutesy of the the providing paper !!

julie hayes of lockyer valley Posted at 10:18 AM May 07, 2011
okay now it is my turn to have a say If anyone knows these men it is me I am their wife mother aunt and their friend What you are doing is attacking my loving family and enough is enough. To the lady whom took all these photos I forgive you. You need to be forgiven for taking photos of other peoples misery. These are the same men whom risked their lives every day,helping those in need. While you stood and watched. these are the same men whom risked their lives recovering a body from a swollen creek at its peak, with not thought to their own safety to give a family closure. While you stood and watched. Yes they shot a few snakes , but never ever a python, I have seen my husband lovingly pick up a python off the road and relocate it to a warm nice hay shed I ask every time you step outside your home do you have to look down, because if you dont you can tread on a deadly snake My family are far from being Rednecks they are decent citizens whom help their community and do put others before themselves even after all the fuss you have made they would be the first ones to help you because that is what they are LOVING DECENT HARDWORKING REAL MEN who do not live off other peoples miseries .

No just dying snakes miseries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got in touch with the QLD premiers dept, They want all the information sent to them in writing so they can look into whether the police and the national parks were negligent. The email needs to be sent to [email protected]
I am in NSW, so this would be better coming from a local QLDer. Who wants to stand up and send it?

Moosenoose and Carnelian, can you get together all the paperwork etc including the original story and send it to the Qld premier?

Thays disgusting there out in the open no need for preventive measeures snakes wjere just trying to get above water and not drown didnt deserve to be bown away by redneckes with shotguns

We sent a complaint into the EPA but ever heard anything back but Mossenoose did so he would have more relevant paperwork about it all. I think we would have to wait until the police have looked into it though since the EPA have forwarded it on to them. They just might do their job yet.

now this gets me so p****d off why the hell would you even think for a secon that it will "thin out" the population it ruibish these people need to be charged or even better post there adress on this site. im over all this about them being a threat to people if people dident try and kill them or catch them when they dont know what there doing not many people would get taged.

If that doesn't work, send it through to Tony Bourke who is the federal minister for the environment. Both gun laws and wildlife laws come under federal law as well.:)

Good on you all for trying to get something done about this. Just hope the departments follow it through. Surely they can't just get away with a "caution". So much for cracking down on gun laws and protecting native wildlife.

mmmm...if it was a cat up a tree to escape flood waters...would they take pot shots at the cat

im guessing not ONE OF YOU read the letter from the wife? however im betting you will still attack and abuse these men regardless because all your seeing is 'how dare they kill a snake, hang them from the yardarm'

i am stunned how 'some' of you can be up in arms about the killing of snakes yet condone putting a cat in a bag and tossing it into a river, condone the poisoning of a cat or other such cruelty and easily dismiss one life over another based on what animal you like, i loathe snakes however i would never be cruel to one nor would i go around telling people to put it in a bag and drop it in the river and let it suffer, yet some in here seem to think its ok to suggest doing that to a cat and laugh about it

double standards? maybe a tad

im guessing not ONE OF YOU read the letter from the wife? however im betting you will still attack and abuse these men regardless because all your seeing is 'how dare they kill a snake, hang them from the yardarm'

i am stunned how 'some' of you can be up in arms about the killing of snakes yet condone putting a cat in a bag and tossing it into a river, condone the poisoning of a cat or other such cruelty and easily dismiss one life over another based on what animal you like, i loathe snakes however i would never be cruel to one nor would i go around telling people to put it in a bag and drop it in the river and let it suffer, yet some in here seem to think its ok to suggest doing that to a cat and laugh about it

double standards? maybe a tad
I read the wifes comment, I always read the comments, and it does not excuse what they did. I also wouldn't stand for cruelty to cats either. Honestly Jeannine, I don't know why you are even a member here as all you ever want to do is pick fights with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back