Cat delema ????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get live traps off the council for free, just return them when you're done.

I'd trap the cat, knock on the owners door and explain to them that you have their cat, and they have two options.

A: Lock the cats up
B: They get sent off to the council to be dealt with

You're within your rights to catch a cat on your property and hand it in, even if you know it has an owner. They can't "make" you give it back.

(I wouldn't actually follow through with option B, I'd find someone willing to look after them appropriately.) But for all they know if they don't pick option A, the cats were dealt less than favourable cards...

Just Disappear them mate taken em to the local council pound or to the rspca say that you kept finding these cats killing natives in your yard and you want them inpounded !! if there not registered if the owners go looking for them they will cop a good fine and have to pay them for release !!

slowly one by one disappear them all till theres none left at all !!! and when they come looking for them act dumb !!!! ( i didnt even know you owned cats ).

at the end of the day if there on your property and causing damage then get rid of them !!!

Chinese Chicken - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Yummmmmmm !

Last edited:
cat scarers

You can get motion detectors that are designed to scare off cats. There is even one that you attache a hose to and it squirts the cat....

Having had a similar problem to your own I would take the cat/s that you trap and take them to the pound. You let the pound know that they were caught on your property and tell them the disctruction that they were causing. The said cats will be assessed and if they are deemed rehomeable then this is what will happen with them if they are deemed to anti socialble they will be put to sleep. If they are causing that much distruction and the owners have that little care for them then they are better off out of the picture. It isn't fair to your animals or yourself to be tourchered by these animals. Just my opinion.

Make them pay for the animal that their cat killed. Only fair, also you could tell them seriously that you don't like their cats in your yard.
But, because I'm stubborn and kind of confrontational when it comes to this stuff, i would make them pay for your animal, and tell them that their cat is dead if it enters your yard again, i would mention I have traps around.

Will

I can only imagine how I would feel if I were in najanaja's position. Someone elses animals entering my property scratching my cars, using my property as a toilet, killing my animals and killing any other animal they can overpower of as well would really get my blood boiling.

The problem needs to be removed by way of pound or humane cull for these cats.

These cats should be contained, controlled or culled.

I don't mean to offend by being blunt, especially those with the cuddly furry emotional blinkers on, but before you comment consider the fact feral cats are not native. Feral cat populations originate from domestic cats that have infiltrated into the environment. With that knowledge it is not hard to work out that any domestic cats allowed to roam are potential founding members of feral cat infiltrations into the environment.

Take a trip to some of the vulnerable arid areas of this country effected by feral animals (not just cats). When you see what impact the feral animals are having on the native environment you will understand why people have a strong dislike for anything that may potentially add to this problem.

Regards
Octane

shoot the little shi*S i would of done it as soon as i noticed the dead wildlife i was down at mt tamborine not that long ago its such a nice place

ive had this problem before.......first of all catch the cat. 2 take it out of town. 3 shoot the bloody thing. 4 repeat the process as many times as needed. if asked any questions.. i love animals i wouldnt hurt any cats.....

granted it's not the cats' fault they have lousy owners
don't make the poor things pay, make your neighbours pay! :twisted:

The irony of this thread is while cats( and the feline family in general) are incredibly successful and destructive hyper-carnivores( especially when introduced into an area where the native wildlife has never had to deal with dangerous land predatory mammals ie Australia/New Zealand etc and thus is very vulnerable to them)..feral dogs pose just as big of a risk to native Australian wildlife as cats do....So while you all moan and bitch about cats...say goodbye to Cassowaries and the other animals that are currently being decimated by feral dogs in Australia.

I much prefer dogs to cats but lets get real

Last edited:
granted it's not the cats' fault they have lousy owners
don't make the poor things pay, make your neighbours pay! :twisted:

Yes and like I said don't be hypocritical about the situation... If your going to complain about cats causing damage to australian wildlife than you better do the same with dogs as they cause as much damage as cats do.

Yes and like I said don't be hypocritical about the situation... If your going to complain about cats causing damage to australian wildlife than you better do the same with dogs as they cause as much damage as cats do.

councils have already tackled a large part of the dog problem,... dogs must be kept on the property or be on a leash,..i know thats the case in my area anyway,...

whereas cats,...?!? Councils allow them to roam free, so its up to individuals to help out nature,...

and as far as crapping in neighbours yards,...dogs arent agile enough to jump fences like cats, so thats another disgusting part of the cat problem thats purely cat related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back