Cane toads threaten iconic king brown snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...that link you posted shows NT population at 'common or medium' with no 'abundant or high' areas. So..the opposite of what you said.

Like Steve said, you're a goose!

I never made any claims about toad populations being bigger or smaller except that they are expanding, which is well documented and shown in that map i posted. You are the one making claims that toad populations are denser in SQLD, you claim it is documented but you can't show any documents that back you up.

Been into the grog cupboard again Ian?

Yah mate I have to, just to put up with reading some of the nonsense in this thread.

I guess we all just sit back & watch evolution take over & watch the cane toad spread to the rest of Australia, because they WILL.

No propositions at least, so we'll take that as a win.

Just one quick Question.
Are you really a wally or is that just your avatar name?

I sometimes think that I am for participating in these forums.

Cheers
Ian

Last word from me- out of range for a week

Maybe the toads are reclaiming lost ground. Toads are an ancient constituent of South America, Oz used to be hooked up, in fact adjacent, in Gondwanan times. That's probably why some native species can eat the buggers.

I have an 800km drive tomorrow (early am departure) and I will see bugger all snakes on the road compared to pre toad days. And for that I curse them now and for all time.

Last word from me- out of range for a week

Maybe the toads are reclaiming lost ground. Toads are an ancient constituent of South America, Oz used to be hooked up, in fact adjacent, in Gondwanan times. That's probably why some native species can eat the buggers.

I have an 800km drive tomorrow (early am departure) and I will see bugger all snakes on the road compared to pre toad days. And for that I curse them now and for all time.

I agree Steve, I find the same driving around CQ nowhere near the number of reptiles now especially monitors.
Others have a different view that I cannot accept.

Hope you have a good successfull trip.
Cheers
Ian

Surely we can produce a genetic disease or make them sterile or something..........I know scientists have been trying for the last 70yrs or something but there has to be a way to stop them!!! We have caused the extinction of soooooo many other species, why can't we kill 1 ugly toad. What are their natural predators in South America? Something keeps them in check in their natural habitat. Have we looked into this side of them?

Sorry.....why did we get cane toads in the country to start with?? lol >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back