Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the biggest problem ^^^^

There are so many people who would give anything to own a poor unfortunate creature like that
Not so that they could love it and cherish every moment with it
But only because they can say.... ""Look what Ive got""

I think you will find that people who love morphs are into them because they are so beautiful . ????????
And not only because of the money involved .

What about pure breeds of cats and dogs or live stock etc , pugs /boxers have overshot jaws , and other genetic faults are common is many cats and dogs and livestock ??
Many pets are produced each year simply because of looks, not because those looks come with faulty genes that affect health issues in these animals .

The whole hobby could be said to be nothing but a money hobby . Reptiles are not free ????
GTP were high priced for yonks and any new / rare or best example of a species will always command a good price.
The facts are pets or live stock are seclective bred for traits or mutations and sometimes the best examples come with genetic faults.

All responcible breeders whatever species they work with will try their best to outcross and fix these problems but sometimes it cannot be done.

A little common sence goes a long way people ????

whatever happened to simply producing good quality, healthy animals? :(
as nice as the color may seem it almost had a "put me out of my misery" look to it... sad...

its still alive and less head wobble then in the video

why would you throw a snake around the tub like that, brightest lights and put a camera in its face, id want to put the least amount of stress on the snake to get the bugger feeding. i wouldn't be surprised if he cut the eggs half open 20 days early or something, seriously

Wait till the photos surface of this python,
I think you will be totally surprised.
Its actually the nicest carpet python ive ever seen .
Looks like a cross between a pied and albino with fluro orange on clean white blotches.

Have you seen an updated pic of this snake, Roger?

If so, and it's on another forum, please PM me.

Im going on the video footage and what i was told .
But i believe pics will be posted in the near future on some forums .
Not sure which forums though...

Ah ok fair enough, thanks for that.

It will definitely be an incredible looking python, IF it survives...

Not like breeding genetic defects into cats or dogs
They are fluffy pets
Couldnt permit that???

Actually, you'll find this has long been an issues with cats and dogs.

I think you will find that people who love morphs are into them because they are so beautiful . ????????

Ditto Bro....Its a tough Gig Rog trying to explain that..I'll leave it to you mate! ;) :lol:

Cheers mate....
Oh BTW, I have seen some good hook ups with those "pure" RP jungle morphs we traded many years ago..looking good Rog! :D

Last edited:

What about pure breeds of cats and dogs or live stock etc , pugs /boxers have overshot jaws , and other genetic faults are common is many cats and dogs and livestock ??
Many pets are produced each year simply because of looks, not because those looks come with faulty genes that affect health issues in these animals .

The whole hobby could be said to be nothing but a money hobby . Reptiles are not free ????
GTP were high priced for yonks and any new / rare or best example of a species will always command a good price.
The facts are pets or live stock are seclective bred for traits or mutations and sometimes the best examples come with genetic faults.

All responcible breeders whatever species they work with will try their best to outcross and fix these problems but sometimes it cannot be done.

All responsible breeders try their best to reduce this?????
Tell that to this breeder
He has maintained trying to breed these for years with zero success or attempt to reduce the bad genes because all he uses are already defected parent stock

There are very valid reasons why some human couples are told to never have children
yet we force these animals to mate to produce defective babies

GTPs were over priced in Aus
That is the reason they dropped so dramatically in price after more breeders produced good hatchies

Simple question
would you buy a GTP or BHP or Diamond that acted as sick as this poor thing does??

Last edited by a moderator:
He has maintained trying to breed these for years with zero success or attempt to reduce the bad genes because all he uses are already defected parent stock

There are very valid reasons why some human couples are told to never have children

That is the reason they dropped so dramatically in price after more breeders produced good hatchies

Simple question
would you buy a GTP or BHP or Diamond that acted as sick as this poor thing does??

these animals breath,eat,s*#t,shed and breed all by themself just because some have a head wobble they shouldnt be breed? this snake was stressed and is not showing the major neuro problems from the video it still has a slight head wobble

lol longqi, why do you always go from one extreme to the other..?

Simple question

I agree with Roger, there would be far more common defects in pet cats and dogs than there are reptiles. We all know large breed dogs such as rotties and shephards have hip displasia(?) problems. Yet they still breed them to win that elusive 'best in show' dog. Then charge more for it because it comes with papers. The fluffy cat and dog industry is far worse than the reptile hobby. These people are just as bad as this guy if that is the way you want to look at it.

Also, the attempt to continually breed these together may be more in depth than we know. I.E. he may have been breeding different parents during each attempt and not the same pair year in year out. The fact that he has produced this animal could possibly be a major breakthrough. If he manages to grow this and breed it, he may be able to breed out the nuero issue to an extent and still be able to produce these animals. Something noone else has done.

In regards to pricing, there will always be something to replace what has become common. Chondros came down in price due to so many being smuggled and lack of buyers, womas came down due to oversupply of market. Those people that were used to getting their $5k + for chondros and $2k plus for womas had to find another source. So in came the JAGs and other morphs. Unfortunately the nuero issue has killed most of the market and prices dropped rapidly, although some still fetch higher amounts.

I do see the issue with this animal, and I do also understand why he is excited about it. I am sure all of you on here would love to produce something that no one else has, believe me, it is pretty awesome.

I find it very amusing reading some of the bullshit JAG breeders peddle to justify themselves, maybe if I keep telling myself and everyone within earshot that I'm 6ft, 90kg's of pure stud muffin, others will find me irresistable too.

On the *****ide, other than a twisty twirly snake I think some of those that are vehemently opposed to JAGS are seeing things in the video that didn't happen, like chucking hatchies around.

^^^ flip side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back