Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
......... Well, looks like I get to do the honors. I picked up a copy earlier today.
I subscribe to 8, reptile magazines, I think, from around the world, aimed at various levels of the hobby.

I did see the pdf for this one, but held off getting too excited till I had a copy in my hands.
It is without a doubt the best reptile magazine produced. Ever. The quality, the content, the photo's, the layout are all just superb. It's hit the right blend of scientific and entertaining.

It's going to be a hit worldwide. Congratulations to all involved. I feel proud that such a landmark publication has been produced here in Australia.....

It may sound a bit over the top, but just wait till you've seen it. Having said that, I've probably built it up too much. But probably not!

Last edited:
Neil just dropped off my copy of the mag. It is amazing, the way the whole mag is presented is fantastic. I can recommend this mag as must have for anyone that loves herps and photography. The article on GTP's is great. I am so happy with the mag.
Neil well done to you and your team on publishing the best herp mag I have seen.

Cheers Daniel

Nice. So with the hand delivered copies, is this to specific people or areas?..

Nice. So with the hand delivered copies, is this to specific people or areas?..
Not to sure but I am not complaining. But apparently everyone should get their copy soon as they were posted today.

Yeah I don't mind, I was just wondering as people said some would be hand delivered.

Look forward to getting my copy either way :)

how can i get one cant find a link to it any where u are all talking about it how about puting up a link so we can all find it hey

how can i get one cant find a link to it any where u are all talking about it how about puting up a link so we can all find it hey

Not sure if we are allowed to post a link due to site rules. However go back a page and look at herpingjournal's signature...

How about not being lazy and Googling "REPTILES AUSTRALASIA MAGAZINE"? Is it too hard? Christ!!!!! :rolleyes:

Those who had theirs hand-delivered by Neil today were just lucky enough to be close to where he was travelling this afternoon and evening, but all others were express posted today for overnight delivery to capital cities and suburbs tomorrow, country folk like me have to wait an extra day!

Thanks for the comments so far guys - it's been a long birthing process! We really do hope it strikes a different note with regard to reptile writings and special interest publications, the intention always will be to bring you the best of the best... I know many of you have seen heaps of GTP articles, but I can assure you this one is very special - Rico Walder knows his stuff, is one of the more technically savvy chondro breeders in the world, and supplied us with some gorgeous images as well.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, I'm very excited to read this.
My only complaint!
only 4 issues a year! :p

Do you know how balanced the Journal will be between Australian Natives and over seas herps?

That means I have to wait an extra day too, but its well worth the wait. Can't wait to see the Chondro story. I'm newbie to these guys so want to make sure I give "Sierra" the best.

Thanks Jamie, I'm very excited to read this.
My only complaint!
only 4 issues a year! :p

Do you know how balanced the Journal will be between Australian Natives and over seas herps?

Ha - four issues p/a is the proposal at this point in time, but I guess we'll see how we go in the magazine marketplace in the next twelve months... I wouldn't discount any possibilities at this early stage :). As far as balance between Oz material and international stuff goes, we are aiming at a worldwide readership, so each issue will be a mix of local and overseas material, and will vary from issue to issue. I think one of the aims of "Reptiles Australasia" is to give a context to reptiles in the overall wildlife scene, so although our primary interest is in reptiles, you will be seeing much more than a close focus on the animals themselves. The conservation efforts of many tireless men and women, the contributions of fantastic photographic material, beautifully illustrated articles such as Michael Cermak's Borneo story in Issue 1, all add context to our interest in reptiles. I think that exposing Australians to some of the things which are happening overseas is important in preventing us from becoming too inward looking, which I think we, as a very isolated nation, tend to be.

So... we aim to please as many readers as possible. Not just pet keepers, but a whole range of readers with broad interests in herpetology and the environment in which our reptiles live - I believe that if we seriously broaden the knowledge of the pet reptile keeping community, and give context (there's that word again) to reptiles in the world at large, the spinoff will not only benefit our captive reptiles, but, damaging environmental matters will be much better understood, and the people working with reptiles in the field will be better supported by the keeping community.

Jamie

Whilst Aussie herpetology is being widely disseminated world wide through publications in scientific journals, our herpetoculture has not received such exposure in the past. This magazine will bring our own herpetoculture onto the global scene. With our reptilian resources in this country, we don't need to follow "everything American" and being seen as beginners playing in the shadow of the US breeders. In this magazine, we can showcase our own innovations and success as well as learn from others in other countries.
This magazine is more important to us than many realise - it represents a step outside the square.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back