Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You go to "have a look" at your local reptile shop and leave with almost $100 missing from your wallet, but cant manage to buy yourself a new pair of sunnies that coast $15 after yours have been missing for a couple months

when someone says they are buying a new monitor and you exclaim "I didn't know you liked reptiles, you should come and see my snake!!" but they actually meant for their computer...

...less exciting, in my opinion

When you check all your snake in the morning, even when you running late. Much more interesting watching them out moving around their enclosure then going to work.

When your checking out a snake in detail and not even bothering to about the naked chick holding it !!

When you pack your bag for hospital again and manage to smuggle your lizard out the house and in the car before your sister runs out and says 'give him here!!!' and you hand him over with a deathstare. when waiting to have a 2nd lumbar puncture done the dr is talking about what animals he hit while on a trip to Darwin and you ask if he hit any snakes or lizards, when the answer is no you start to think he might be a good guy until he sticks a 6" needle in your back and the local didn't work but you have to remain still. Then you start namecalling in Greek,Japanese, Chinese and Australian slang

When you put off moving overseas because you can't take your reptiles with you...

(I'm going to kick myself in 20 years for not taking up this opportunity!)

When you put off moving overseas because you can't take your reptiles with you...

haha, I'm facing the same dilemma at the moment...!

Last edited:
you memorize the scientific name of each and every species you keep just to wow people when they ask what pets u have

When you already knew the scientific name of every pet you have and a bunch more years before you got them and actually forget to speak normally to people who don't know them causing great annoyance at you. :|

When you already knew the scientific name of every pet you have and a bunch more years before you got them and actually forget to speak normally to people who don't know them causing great annoyance at you. :|

Hehehe, ditto here GP! Someone asks me what I have, and I just blurt out Morelia spilota variegata... metcalfei... bredli... Gehyra variegata... etc etc etc! I haven't quite figured out why they look at me like I'm speaking with forked tongue...! (;)) Oh well, meh!

Life changing opportunities don't come to often, But the for sale section always has reps if it doesn't work out O.S. by that time they'll be cheaper too ;)

- when your Boyfriend thinks it's cool that his mates think you're a "Crazy chick with balls"... it's just a Carpet guys, yeash. She'll get bigger yet :D

when the guys in your class want to talk about girls, but you want to talk about reptiles.

When you just read 13 pages and 374 posts of reason why you're a reptile keeper.

When your chiropractor asks how's things and what's new? Without missing a beat you automatically reply "Good, snake breeding season has started." To which he seems stunned and confused at your answer.

Last edited:
Your 13 and your already got your whole life planned out: including types of animals you will keep, projects u want to work on, all your enclosures have to be perfect custom tanks and enclosures that will cost a bomb!

Your mum thinks your frogs are cute when u first got them but thinks they are dam ugly now that they are "big" ( I still love them though)

You already have a job at the local pet shop due to buying so many boxes of crickets!

People come to you at work and call u by your aps name ( scary! )

Your 13 and know the "Big Boys" in the reptile industry

Your 13 and u have a sketch book that u draw all your future enclosures in.

Your 13 and your frogs slough, your mum thinks it is horrible and wants to vomit, & u think it is fascinating!

Your at school in visual arts and am told to make a mythical creature but it "accidentally" turns out as a snake coiled around a rock!....

You have shown your mum so many pictures of reptiles and amphibians that she coudnt care less any more!

Your 13 and ask your mum if you can have a taipan as your first snake!... To her reply of " I don't want a little poison dart in my house!"

The only snake your mum will touch is the pretty green one ( green tree python ) as she spent like the " ugly " brown ones

Your 13 and your mum will no longer take u to herp meetings as they stress her out to much and she doesn't understand anything anymore!...

You crack up laughing in class when your science teacher says "diamond pythons come from the desert of central Australia" and everybody seems to believe her

When you ace your assignments and your teachers ask where u get all these great ideas from and you reply, " it comes from some awesome hobbies of mine"

Your 13 and already know what u want to be when u grow up ( a reptile and amphibian vet )

That was just a couple I could think of! Tell me if I should post more......

School reasons,

When suddenly u make more friends once someone knows that u have cool pets

When some comes to give a presentation on reptiles and some says that a frilled neck lizard is a skink u crack up Into non stop laughter

Know one knows why u do so good on tests on animals!

When some calls a picture of an echidna and calls it a porcupine! Lol

When someone truly thinks that toads are hairy, to your reply " does that make a frog spiny! "

When your neighbor is a professional photographer and comes over and says can I get some pictures of u and your rabbit for a essay I have to do? And you reply " I haven't got a rabbit... but I have got reptiles and amphibians, will they be good?.... Lol

Last edited:
Wow frogboy lol you've certainly got a few!
I dont laugh when people get reptile facts wrong, for some reason it really pees me off hahah when someone said "oh yeah we had diamond pythons up where we were in Cairns" my mum had to kick me to stop me going on a full on rant hahah.

when an inexperienced keeper asks you to help him/her to get her reptile out of the cage

when u constantly get pm's on aps asking how to do this and that

when your 13 and you are already getting in trouble for asking for tons of foam boxes from the local fruit shop for an "assignment at school" which is to make backgrounds and ledges for your herps (which i did today :lol: )

when your 13 and get in trouble for being on aps during computer skills at school

when your neighbours dont like your pets

u go around at cleanups and look for old cabinets and waterfalls

when your bearded dragon starts to headbob you headbob back:lol:

when you try to take the day off school so you can go to the reptile expo on that day

when your in a pet shop and think of all the different treats your snakes could have when you look in the live animal section;)

when your granmother has a tin that she puts five dollars in each week to save for an enclosure for one of your new herps that you want

when you have to make a major piece of work in woodwork in the later ages and instanetly you think, enclosure;)

when you have more reptile occupents living in your house than humans

when you have to search through hundreds of rats and mice in the freezer just to find the sausages and meat :lol:

a soon as you get home from school u are on the computer or phone checking the new threads & posts that you might of missed during the day on aps :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back