Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saratoga

Reaction score
A friend emailed me this photo recently.....somewhere in the Arnhemland escarpement.

Apparently it looked to be in excess of 3m.

Attachments

• Oenpelli.jpg
    Oenpelli.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,198
Very nice, is he a reptile person who can appreciate what it means to see one of these guys?

That is awesome Saratoga, thanks for sharing the pic. I have a 12 foot Scrubby that basks most mornings in winter in a tree just outside my patio. It's resting position looks almost identical to that O.P

Saratoga, that is awesome thanks for sharing your photo of a Oenpelli Python, which is something that we don't get to see that often.

l know that in the not to distant future, the Oenpelli will become available to private reptile collectors, but they wont be cheap to buy at the beginning let me tell you.

l cannot tell you who will be breeding them that is very private and confidential, so please don't even think about asking me who it is that will have access to the Oenpelii Python's.:)

Last edited:
*jaw drops*
Such a rare specimen to see on the APS forums, and anywhere else.
Thank you for posting, it's a beauty. :)

If your friend has been looking for any less than 2 years then i feel like punching him in the ovaries!

Very jealous mate! And very noble of your friend to share that picture, thanks for posting! Now wait for the PMs to start flooding in!

If your friend has been looking for any less than 2 years then i feel like punching him in the ovaries!

He wasn't even looking for them.....perhaps you should take up birding....that's how it was found!

I'm wondering how many people have checked the metadata for GPS tagging???.........BTW it's a screen shot so locality remains safe!

The photo is a couple of weeks old now. Glad to see that good sized Oenpellis are still around....I haven't heard of one for a long time although I'm no longer hanging around those parts.

Last edited:
He wasn't even looking for them.....perhaps you should take up birding....that's how it was found!

I'm wondering how many people have checked the metadata for GPS tagging???.........BTW it's a screen shot so locality remains safe!

The ammount of times i get into the escarpment i recon i should have lucked one by now!

What a "great pic" thanks for sharing.
..............solar 17(Baden)

Saratoga, that is awesome thanks for sharing your photo of a Oenpelli Python, which is something that we don't get to see that often.

l know that in the not to distant future, the Oenpelli will become available to private reptile collectors, but they wont be cheap to buy at the beginning let me tell you.

l cannot tell you who will be breeding them that is very private and confidential, so please don't even think about asking me who it is that will have access to the Oenpelii Python's and is breeding them.

Les,

I reckon there is two chances in hell that you know someone breeding Oenpellis.....might have to start calling you Norman

Cheers,
Scott

Greg,

Awesome work by your mate, hopefully when you get up that way you can replicate it!!!

Cheers,
Scott

Soooooo... Who's gonna be breeding them?

l cannot tell you who will be breeding them that is very private and confidential, so please don't even think about asking me who it is that will have access to the Oenpelii Python's and is breeding them.

they should never have been taken from peter krauss. hard species to keep and breed so he tells me,alot of effort went into them. it will be great to see them back into the industry again!
great find mate. and a good pic too! :)
smithy

Great photo! Thanks for sharing!

As far as Oenpelli breeding goes, I'm sure if the breeder wanted people dropping hints on here etc, he'd post things himself. If you know him, cool, but respect his damn privacy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back