Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
The support I have received with my latest patient has inspired me to start a thread for you to post your wildlife encounters. Have you got photos of animals you have rescued? Even if they were simple catch and release jobs, let us see them :D

And of course I'll start it off with my two lacy patients.....
This fella came to me a sad puppy but was fit for release the next day..
006-1.jpg

002.jpg

Everyone has seen my recent baby. Only sign of injury was bleeding from his mouth and lack of strength in his head
037.jpg

040.jpg

His bedding is now coco-peat and has a few more hiding spots, too.

Not exactly a catch or release but I stopped traffic to let this fella cross the road :rolleyes:
014.jpg

Red belly retrieved from somebody's house - they don't know that I let them go just up the road, hehehe
3ftredbellyMar09.jpg

This fella was in my care for 6 weeks recovering from being jammed in a screen door for an hour before I was called. Miraculously, no broken bones and made a full recovery.
DSCF4652.jpg

DSCF4654.jpg

Wild pthon I retrieved from frightened men at their work.
P1010706.jpg

I discovered lumps in this snake and after being refused help by the local vet I took her life in my own hands and massaged her belly to try and move the blockages. She was either going to die anyway, or die at my hands. Using force I felt one lump give way and worked it all the way down her belly to discover it was an egg. I pushed 8 eggs in total out of her, as well as a huge build up of waste that obviously could not get past the eggs. Three weeks after this she accepted a feed, then she went home.. She was very well overdue for these eggs to be laid so was not in gestation period. I found her in July.
P1040583.jpg

How does 4 ducklings end up on my lawn and no sign of their mother anywhere? No I didn't feed them to my snakes. They went to ppl who already had ducks..
DSCF3486.jpg

not all my patients pull through :(
This bearded dragon was found on someone's property. They thought something was wrong because he was sitting in one spot for quite a long time. Poor bugger died overnight
P1050270.jpg

Another who died. He lasted 2 months and even started eating but then took a turn for the worse. He was attacked by dogs
P1040248.jpg

Another simple catch and release. This red belly was in someone's stove. The guy saw it go into his stove after it was harassed by his little jack russell. But nobody was hurt and this guy was happy to see the end of us..
P1050158.jpg

And an unwelcomed visitor at the local preschool
005-2.jpg

Last edited:
I got my 1st for the season today. Ill post pics later. Diamond Python. People were freaking out. I stopped and got her before somebody got hurt. She was fine and wanted to bite. So I took her into the bush.

More Pic's coming.

Attachments

• SnakeRescue1.jpg
    SnakeRescue1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 174
Last edited by a moderator:
my snakesau its good to see people using there Damage mitigation permit for the right reason. its also good too see the work you are doing is helping our reptilians survive even though some of the vets out there just want to put them down even though they come in to them without a scratch and are just a bit dehydrated or some that just need stiching up. Personaly I realy hate gaffer tape intanglements. But i Must also say there are some realy good vets too that specilize with these creatures and do a realy top job and are to be highly commended for there work as you should be. View attachment 216669View attachment 216670 View attachment 216668The goannna was removed from a cieling void.

Your attachments aren't working Mic :( and thank you for your input. A lot of my photos here are older ones but I know now that we have a good vet about 70km away so that makes it 140km round trip. Yes is sounds like a waste of petrol, to many, but to me its worth it. Vet in town told me there was nothing wrong with that egg-bound python and he said an x-ray would confirm things but he wouldn't do it because he doesn't know what he is doing with reptiles. It was good of him to be honest but wasn't offering anything at all that I could do, or use to help the snake. Dr Gav. would not only have done the X-Ray but would have performed a ceasar and removed those eggs from that snake the nice way, rather than me hurting her like that. But she was damn lucky everything worked well and she was released a happy snake.

GOOD ON U! I love to see stories like this, its so sad to think that without caring people like u, these animals all would have died in the wild. As for the few u have lost, at least u tried, its more then alot of people can say they have done! All the best for the rescues that are still with u, i hope u have some happy endings!

Great stuff Kath, Amazing what the right sort of massage can do for the health of a reptile.
I dont spose the python eggs were viable?
Just an old pic of one of the many birdnet snakes we get each year.

Attachments

• 13226.jpg
    13226.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 216
Here's a few recent ones.

Attachments

• Brown 2 001.jpg
    Brown 2 001.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Brown 007.jpg
    Brown 007.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 148
  • blindy 2 002.jpg
    blindy 2 002.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 124
  • chewy 001.jpg
    chewy 001.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Rehab Bluie 3 008 [1600x1200].jpg
    Rehab Bluie 3 008 [1600x1200].jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Scrubby 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    Scrubby 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 136
  • That Bloke! 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    That Bloke! 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Marsh rehab 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    Marsh rehab 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    002 [1600x1200].jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, that joey looks adorable, lol.

Good to see people out there who put so much effort into caring for our wild life.

Here's one of mine he was drowning in the horse water troff and we where lucky enough to se it in our dogs mouth.
31bac1ff-6c70-1a9a.jpg

Cheers Brenton

Great stuff Kath, Amazing what the right sort of massage can do for the health of a reptile.
I dont spose the python eggs were viable?
Just an old pic of one of the many birdnet snakes we get each year.

Thanks sssssnakeman :D No, the eggs were no good. It was just a solid mass of jelly inside them. I've had one of them before too, a green tree snake caught in bird netting.

I_V you have been busy, too. Well done for your efforts. I'm not up to handling the venomous stuff. I can catch them and release them but I lost grip of a little marsh snake and let it swing back and bite me so I kind of lost my confidence with the more dangerous ones.

The monitor in the red sand there don't look real happy. How did he fair? And that gecko is just too cute :)

The monitor in the red sand there don't look real happy. How did he fair? And that gecko is just too cute :)

He'd been attacked by a wedgie actually, took him to the Pilbara wildlife carers and last I heard he was doing pretty well, I think they were talking about sending him to Perth zoo at one stage.

He wasn't in a good way at all when we found him, very emaciated, puncture wound to his ribs and that deep gouge behind the shoulder blade

This little GTS was given to me by a friend who found him traped in a pack of knogs stuck to this undustural sticky tape hes a carpenter, as he had no idea the snake he cut around the tape and brang it to me, after about 20mins got him completley free with small scale damage from him struggleing to get out of the tape, i let him go stright away as there was no major damage.
photos were taken of my iphone.

041.jpg

059.jpg

Got a call to go to local petshop last year
This tiger snake had a sticky insect trap stuck to his head

when he entered the shop and surprized the customers and taff.
A bit of machine oil got him off and he was released into bush on the Mornington Peninsula..

DSC_0010%20(2).JPG
this is a photo of a tawny frogmouth i found looking exhausted on the side of the road close to my old house, i was actually on my way home from seeing iron maiden in the city.
i stopped and took the fella just down the road, let him rest awhile and he flew off into the near bushland after about 20-25mins

Got a call to go to local petshop last year
This tiger snake had a sticky insect trap stuck to his head

when he entered the shop and surprized the customers and taff.
A bit of machine oil got him off and he was released into bush on the Mornington Peninsula..

Not a happy chap(ette)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back