Giant croc captured alive in Philippines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wreckon they should try the Liger trick with it. Cross it with a large alligator and make a crocogator, then they could use it to open the first Jurassic Park.

I read somewhere that 6.7m was the longest ever recorded and that it weighed closer to 2000kg, I can't recall where but considering that a 4m salty weighs around 450kg and a 5.2-5.5m usually weighs a ton or more it's an exponential increase, and I'd expect that croc to weigh a lot more than a ton.

WOW you are tiny:lol:

Well....ummmm....yeah wat can i say? i just didnt grow! Im the eldest of 6 kids, the only one who is smaller then me is my baby sister, she is 7, but she also shares my 'small gene', so hopefully she will stay smaller! :lol: My 3 brothers are 6ft 1, 6ft 2, & 6ft 4 & my 12yr old sister is now 5ft 3! The only time i find it to suck is when its 'family portrait' time.....im always at the front, or when i find heels that i like cause they dont usually have any that will fit my miniture feet! My 9yr old daughter is in the same size shoe as me!

They say good things come in small packages though......i think this is true!:lol:

Tyson and Jedi, Prof. Craig Franklin has headed the research on translocating saltwater crocodiles assisted by the Australia Zoo Team, he just returned from a trip north where he was continuing the study. This study has shown crocodiles can navigate enormous distances to return to their river system. There is a study in Mexico and Florida that used magnets to disrupt their navigation using the Earth's magnetic field, in 2009 I questioned Prof. Franklin on the use of magnets and he said whilst he was consulted with for the magnet studies he believed the study had not been conducted for long enough to draw conclusions, I have not asked him since. ps he's an awesome lecturer :)

Tyson and Jedi, Prof. Craig Franklin has headed the research on translocating saltwater crocodiles assisted by the Australia Zoo Team, he just returned from a trip north where he was continuing the study. This study has shown crocodiles can navigate enormous distances to return to their river system.

Yeah I thought I remembered something to that effect

The one with the magnets is interesting, I'll be sure to be on the look out for that info thanks

Woah, thats big. Saw it on tv.
Anyone whos been to australia zoo would have probably seen Acco, the 5.5m croc they have. He's enormous, but this ones almost a metre longer! Holy bajeesus!

jebuz not a bad size at all that

bit of a worry tho on that my step mother is phillipina and I do on rare occasions go for christmas with my olds, might think twice next time I'm there and we all go swimming.....

I like to say fun-sized lol, just 5.2. I make up for this tall-people's world by being able to scale supermarket shelves like a monkey.

PHEWWWW! I knew i wasnt the only shopping shelf climber! :lol: & boy those things are monsters for us fun size folk......u have an extra 2 foot on me :| i bet u can reach the middle shelf before u have to climb cant u? :x:lol:

PHEWWWW! I knew i wasnt the only shopping shelf climber! :lol: & boy those things are monsters for us fun size folk......u have an extra 2 foot on me :| i bet u can reach the middle shelf before u have to climb cant u? :x:lol:

:lol: I'm going to say two inches an extra 2 foot on you would be almost normal :p

I read somewhere that 6.7m was the longest ever recorded and that it weighed closer to 2000kg, I can't recall where but considering that a 4m salty weighs around 450kg and a 5.2-5.5m usually weighs a ton or more it's an exponential increase, and I'd expect that croc to weigh a lot more than a ton.

A 2000kg croc :rolleyes:...

Come on thats the size of a bull hippo..A 17-18ft croc weighs a ton? And a 13 ft croc weighs 1000lbs?

Some I really doubt all those weights...But then again I have no experience working with or weighing Crocodiles of any kind...Maybe those are weights for captives? I don't think a 13 ft croc in the wild even approaches 1000lbs....Thats way to big of a weight for a 13ft croc. And a ton for a 17-18 ft wild croc seems high aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back