Marsh Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KREPS2011

Reaction score
I have been looking every were for a care sheet on marsh snakes. But cant seem to find 1. I did the mistake of buying it before looking for info. Now i cant find any info on it.
Can some one please direct me to the right place for a good care sheet.

Cheers
Kyle

No, there are none. Why don't you ask the breeder how to look after it?

There is a breeder isn't there? You didn't take it from the wild did you?

No its not from the wild. The person i got him off said he had it for 2 months and didnt know what he was doing. Thats y i brought him

Their would have to be a breeder. All he told me was that i have to force feed it fish.
See i never planned on buying the marsh snake. I went to pick up a hypo form pygmy beardie and central netted dragon. They were both very skinny and the beardie is half the size of a adult. And its ment to be 4 years old.

The marsh snake is about 25 - 30cm long. And is just over a year old

I grabed him because of the state the other 2 were in and was scared that it wasnt being well looked after.

So out of the frying pan and into the fire. Is it on permit?

Small elapids are a royal pain in the **** and are really not for the inexperienced, you need to force feed it and possibly for the rest of its life.

So out of the frying pan and into the fire. Is it on permit?

Small elapids are a royal pain in the **** and are really not for the inexperienced, you need to force feed it and possibly for the rest of its life.

Yes its on the permit. Its all legal.

Im not sure if your trying to be rude or anything but think of it this way okay. Lets say you went to pick up a rep. And their in really bad shape. Then while your their they offer you another rep. But you dont know anything about it. Wat would you do. Would u leave it their and hope he looks after it properly. Or would you take it off his hands and atleast try and give it a better life.
Im not trying to be rude but u gotta try and see it from another angle.

Cheers
Kyle

hey kyle.heres a "little" bit on them.
........solar 17(Baden)
Geoff Jacobs > Snake Catcher > Identify Australian Snakes > Marsh Snake

Thank you Baden
Cheers
Kyle

Last edited:
I would not be buying it if i did not know how to care for it and i would not be buying sub-standard animals. From the sounds of it that is what the person did that you bought it from and look where it has got them.

I'm dead set serious you may have to force feed that snake for the rest of it's life.

Yes its on the permit. Its all legal.

Im not sure if your trying to be rude or anything but think of it this way okay. Lets say you went to pick up a rep. And their in really bad shape. Then while your their they offer you another rep. But you dont know anything about it. Wat would you do. Would u leave it their and hope he looks after it properly. Or would you take it off his hands and atleast try and give it a better life.
Im not trying to be rude but u gotta try and see it from another angle.

Cheers
Kyle

Thank you Baden
Cheers
Kyle

I would not be buying it if i did not know how to care for it and i would not be buying sub-standard animals. From the sounds of it that is what the person did that you bought it from and look where it has got them.

I'm dead set serious you may have to force feed that snake for the rest of it's life.

If i have to do that i will.
And wat do u mean by sub-standard animal.

Cheers

Last edited:
If I were in your situation, I would've bought it but then given it to a more experienced keeper, maybe you should do that.

There are "several" entries on "google" about marsh snakes.
...........solar 17 (Baden)

There are "several" entries on "google" about marsh snakes.
...........solar 17 (Baden)

I had a look but nothing really explains how to properly look after the marsh snake. Or what it should eat. Or how its enclosure should be.
Im a bit worried about feeding it fish.
And what temps it should be kept at.

You were asking questions about IDing a photo of a marsh snake the other day, and what their scientific name was, and whether you could keep one on class one. Was that because you were getting one?

There are several ways to scent a prey item, more experienced people can tell you which works best, but you can basically just rinse the pinkie, then rub the scenting item all over it. Heaps and heaps of threads about it on here.

Last edited:
You were asking questions about IDing a photo of a marsh snake the other day, and what their scientific name was, and whether you could keep one on class one. Was that because you were getting one?

There are several ways to scent a prey item, more experienced people can tell you which works best, but you can basically just rinse the pinkie, then rub the scenting item all over it. Heaps and heaps of threads about it on here.

Okay thank you.
Yes i did. I was asking while i was their.

Firstly, I commend you, Doll, for trying to do the right thing. Seeing an animal that really does need rescuing and actually acting on it takes guts. So, bravo you!

Secondly, I think it might be time to quietly ask yourself if your just a bit in over your head with this animal. I'd hate for your good work in saving this animal to be lost. Maybe it might be best to offer to give the animal to an experienced keeper here on the forum. That way you know you've given the poor little mite the best possible chance of survival.

About the licensing comment. This was made with your welfare in mind. It would be grossly unfair if you were to run afoul of the authorities by not purchasing a "legal" animal esp. when you were motivated by the animals wellbeing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back