Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake Ranch is one of the best breeders and sellers in the reptile business, i have a considerable amount of reps from them and as said above any questions u have SR will only be too happy to help !!

they are my prefered supplier and breeder of reptiles for me personally and i have never heard a bad word about them and in case i did i would think it would be the buyer as the years i spent as there customer they have been perfect.

to my other breeders and suppliers i would recommend you as well but this was a direct question on SR

Snake ranch pays the big bucks for a commercial reptile license. You have a private reptile license.
I just put my deposit down for the 20/20 deal as well - gives me plenty of time to save up and get all the research in for keeping such a large snake. I'm already working up a click-clack for the little guy :p
They have been absolutely fantastic regarding questions I have for the animal, and I just KNOW that if (and/or when) I buy a third snake it will be from these guys! Hooray!

to my knowledge there is no such thing as a commercial reptile licence in NSW- read the DECC licence web page, they are allowed to on sell abundant reptiles but the line between commercial and abundant is not really explained.

Last edited:
Oh sorry, I assumed it was like QLD. I don't stay up on the stipulations for permits in other states. Maybe they were grandfathered in?
In any case, I'm glad they ARE able to sell over the Internet, and that they have such a good site! And such wonderful animals!

I've got two snakes from Snake Ranch. They were perfect to deal with. Very helpful.

As I live reasonably close, I just picked them up from the reptile park.

Snake ranch gets around it because you have to be a "member" of their club to buy snakes through them. So it's like paid rehoming.
They are awesome, I got my woma through them with the 20/20 sale last year. No complaints about service or the snake, everything was so professional. I like the fact that you are dealing with people who have a real respect for the science and health behind breeding too.

Are the snakes all calm? with a large business I would be concerned the animals wouldn't be handled alot?

I'm so glad I asked for opinions. I feel so comfortable about purchasing from them now. Thank you all again :)
I hope you all get what you are after.

I got an email today saying they had processed my deposit :D I absolutely cannot wait!!! i am so glad that we have heaps coming up between now and Feb!

I also recommend them, my Son got his jungle from them. Was browsing the 20/20 today, can't decide between a pygmy or a SA Woma....ahhh bugger it, maybe both. Then I can cross them off my list.

Are the snakes all calm? with a large business I would be concerned the animals wouldn't be handled alot?

I was worried about that.

But after getting my BHP hatchie from them I have no worries about that as he's a real darling (all my female friends try and walk off with him). Even my 3yr old neighbor handles him and says he's "Her nakie".

As I type this I have a SR Roughie hatchie wrapped around my hand snoozing and he's been out all evening never a sign of aggression.

Oooohhh everytime I read something I get more and more excited! Jealous much! I want it now!!!

I have a really dumb question.... how long do you refer to them as hatchies for?

I bought two womas, a WA and SA from snake ranch last year. They were a pleasure to deal with and happy to answer any questions. We were very lucky that both of our snakes have been very calm and easy to handle from the time we got them. You can request a calm one, if you are really worried.

I sent in my order form yesterday morning for the 20/20 deal. I put in for 1 RSP and 1 BHP, now all I need to do is wait until March which is going to kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back