Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried those sticky baits in my house once until a little garden skink got stuck on it. Poor little guy, but with some vegetable oil I was able to to get him off without any damage.

Wow! Its good to see so many more doing their bit to take care of our animals. Good on you :D Ssssnakeman that poor snake must have made it difficult for you to get that sticky thing off him.

Ooh I have lots of these. Don't have many reptile ones though, most have just been catch-and-release on diamond pythons, and the pictures are shocking.

But this was my first reptile, an eastern water skink trapped in a bathroom grate. With some help from my wonderful father, we got him free and he was released a couple of days later.
26 (3).jpg26 (5).jpg

Possums, my current charge, Inara, who is a brushtail.
baby.jpgP1010817.jpg

And Ewok, a ringtail, who was released in March.
51 (1).jpg

Ickiss, a koel, as a baby and after his release. I'm really hoping he comes back to visit this year, when the koels return from migration.
day 3 (3).jpg004.jpg

Three peewees, Merry, Frodo and Sam. The fourth, Pippin, had died. Sam also died later, but Merry and Frodo were released. Considering they were all half dead (Merry was totally blind, Frodo and Sam had been scalped) on arrival, 2/4 isn't bad.
052.jpg

And one of my tawnies, Marshall. He was also released.
15.jpg

How'd that go releasing Merry if he was blind?

It wasn't permanent, he had some sort of scabbing over his eyes. We put eyecream on him for a couple of weeks and he improved rapidly.

For comparison, this is a picture of Merry on arrival. In the first picture, he's the one on the far right - it is a massive improvement.
19 (1).jpg

And this is Frodo on arrival. He's on the far left in the other picture. I honestly thought he was dead. It was a bloody miracle he made it through the first night.
21 (1).jpg

Here is a tawny frogmouth that had a broken wing but had to be put down.
c44e8ef9.jpg

That's sad about the bird there Olay. Its always sad to see such lovely specimens get a raw deal. I had a boobook owl that had to be put down :( I haven't gotten a tawny yet but I often go driving at night time and see them about.

This is a good thread! Im getting my mum to join wires so i can help look after the animals :) but she wont do snakes or monitors :/

Yea the are a pretty bird but the vet said it wouldnt be able to fly again so had no choice. My girlfriend named it kermit lol

This is ducky a little pacific black duck that had a tick on its head so its mother abandoned it. We got her when she was only a couple of days old and kept her until she was fully grown. Because we hand raised her we didnt think it would be best to release her so she lives in a dam with another group of rescued pacific black ducks at a family friends house. Ive just joined onarr to do reptile caring! just have to do a course and ill have many more exciting pics

Attachments

• DSCF0036.jpg
    DSCF0036.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0013.jpg
    DSCF0013.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 54
View attachment 217137

Eastern Long necked Turtle that had a run in with a mower. Bit of fibreglass and she's good to go. Will be released into a dam on private property.

poor turtle =[ we had one that got clipped by a car and its shell had half broken off preventing it from getting its head out. They fibreglassed its shell as well

poor turtle =[ we had one that got clipped by a car and its shell had half broken off preventing it from getting its head out. They fibreglassed its shell as well

Just wondering, how does the fiberglass patch-up affect its growth?

Just wondering, how does the fiberglass patch-up affect its growth?

if the turtle is fully grown it can be left on permanently, on a juvenile they have to be left in care until the bone repairs usually around a year to be safe. just looked it up =]

Last edited:
Unfortunately with this one it was a gaping 4cm x 2cm hole . Has made a fantastic recovery considering how sick she was when brought to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back