Western brown (gwardar) found in Perth bush

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman59

Reaction score
A couple days ago me and a couple of my mates went herping and we saw our first Elapid in the bush so yeh my mate filmed it and uploaded it to his YouTube account also I'm not the One poking it with the stick also the filming Is pretty shaky and bad because we were in shock that we found one here is the link to the viD

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Link doesn't lead to vid. Whereabouts in Perth roughly.

By the way if it is a Gwardar and you poke it with a stick in a months time you'll have a very different snake on your hands.

Last edited:
The link works for me we found it in this bush down the end of my road we find tons of herps there but this is the first time we saw a snake well I mad the thread and put the link on with my iPod touch so maybe it's different you sure it doesnt work if you clic on it I'll put the link up again when usin the computer later on

Link doesn't lead to vid. Whereabouts in Perth roughly.

By the way if it is a Gwardar and you poke it with a stick in a months time you'll have a very different snake on your hands.
as I said before I'm not the one poking it mate was poking it and the reason the viD has no sound is because in the viD I swearing at him telling him not to touch it so I wasn't pokig it I didn't want it to be angry

Last edited:
leads me to four other videos.

No worries not having a go just a warning.
I have suspicisions that what you saw was probably a Dugite though if I remember from one of your other posts your in the hills and I think Westerns range just into the Perth hills in some areas.

Last edited:
Okay copy paste this is the exact title also when the results come up it's the very first one there this is the name of the viD

Snake in PERTH WA AUSTRALIA

Last edited:
Translate results into my language
icn_cycds_warning-vflJj-rYm.gif
No video results for “viDSnake in PERTH WA AUSTRALIA”

Are you sure there is only 1 snake there? I couldn't ID it from that and maybe it's the cold but it/they certaintly didn't act like browns.

looked like 2 snakes to me too. I reckon your mate needs that plank of wood snapped over his head. That wasn't poking it, that was belting the bloody thing.

If it's not a very large P gouldii (looks to big), I can't think that it would be anything other than a Brown and quite possibly a mengdeni.
I'm yet to find P. mengdeni in the wild and I've photographed some very orange affinis.

If it's not a very large P gouldii (looks to big), I can't think that it would be anything other than a Brown and quite possibly a mengdeni.
I'm yet to find P. mengdeni in the wild and I've photographed some very orange affinis.

Gouldii was what i was thinking too, but i don't know snakes from your area well at all. But i'm really not getting a brown feeling from those snakes, they have white bellies.

It isn't two snakes be use if you look closely At the end of the viD the snake straightens out and you can see it's just one at the time it was starting to rain that's why it wasn't moving much but yeh if you look closely at the end he straightens out and goes back underneath the tile yeh I was swearing at my mate telling him not to poke it that's shy the viD has no sound also ca someone put the link up my mums on the computer at the moment so I can't go on and the links on my iPod obviously don't work so yeh if someone else could put the link up would be appreciated but yeh it could have been a dugite we saw another snake just like it before I put a pic up of it if you go on to my threads and go on to some cool herps in my backyard there is some closeup pics of the snake

It isn't two snakes be use if you look closely At the end of the viD the snake straightens out and you can see it's just one at the time it was starting to rain that's why it wasn't moving much but yeh if you look closely at the end he straightens out and goes back underneath the tile yeh I was swearing at my mate telling him not to poke it that's shy the viD has no sound also ca someone put the link up my mums on the computer at the moment so I can't go on and the links on my iPod obviously don't work so yeh if someone else could put the link up would be appreciated but yeh it could have been a dugite we saw another snake just like it before I put a pic up of it if you go on to my threads and go on to some cool herps in my backyard there is some closeup pics of the snake

Are you sure there isn't two snakes? I know i wasn't there and all i've got to go off is a low quality vid but if you watch between 27-30 secs you can see them separate. Ask your wild stick whacker mate if there was two maybe?

That is a parasuta gouldii, if you found in south western WA. Funnily enough we all told you that in that ID thread lol.

Trust me mate there was only one snake when when the camera stop the snake straightens out and starts moving (not towards us) in another direction so we stopped the camera and left my mate has another clip from Another camera he was holding I'll get him to upload that clip too but might not be uploaded for am pulls days

I just watched it through again after my mate moves it the thin part of the snakes body rolls over and then his tail flick around and the snake goes underneath the til again at the very end of the video pause it and you can see he has straightened out and you can see the tail of the snake

Watch from 31 to the end the snakes tail whips around andthen becomes straight

Last edited:
I can see that it is only one snake. I think its lower half goes belly up giving the impression of seperating but then flicks around as it goes back under the debris.

I would also tentatively go with a Goulds based on area and colour of belly etc, but it does seem very large and I have seen some browns with very pale bellies and light spots that could possibly had gone unnoticed with poor video image.

If your mate hadn't poked it you could have gotten some great still shots considering how cold it was, wasted opportunity unfortunately.

Be carefull you could possibly come across all of Perths most venomous snakes in or close to your area and not know what your looking at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back