Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kawasakirider

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was at tiger island today when this fella and a smaller friend (that I didn't get to snap any pics of) came up to say hello. It was very inquisitive! I got close enough to touch it, and it jumped into the crowd at one point! A lot of people were scared of it, and some tourist women were contemplating kicking it to get it away, so I went to pick it up and put it back in the bush and it casually walked over some guys foot and went back in :)

Here are the pics, I didn't get any of the tigers, but they're fantastic animals.

IMG_3157.png

IMG_3156.png

IMG_3155.png

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

As soon as I started taking pics of him, he came right up to me!

I also spotted Peter Sterling (Sterlo) later in the afternoon. He went on the giant drop in the group of people just behind me. Said G'day :)

Nonsense! There are some blurry tigers in the background, so you did get pics ;)

Is the Tower of Terror still there?

Yeah, the tower of terror is still there. Last time I went, you faced the tower and went down backwards, but they've change it now. You take off backwards and go back down the tower going forwards.

The new ride called the buzz saw is pretty good, too :)

well done mate, nice pics. I was there a few years ago and spotted a large male on the train track up ahead, my missus at the time thought I was mad cos I jumped off, ran ahead of the train and shifted him off the track.

well done mate, nice pics. I was there a few years ago and spotted a large male on the train track up ahead, my missus at the time thought I was mad cos I jumped off, ran ahead of the train and shifted him off the track.

Thanks mate, they turned out alright for phone pics. Haha, didn't your mrs share your love of herps?

Haha... typical herper. Takes half a dozen pictures of the (admittedly lovely) water dragons that can be spotted in many Aussie backyards; doesn't photograph the giant exotic kitties on the island that is named for them. :p

i live just up the road from dreamworld and have annual passes...

i still find i spend more time chasing the water dragons and green tree snakes than i do on the actual rides

They are everywhere!!!!!

They arnt scared of the rides either, we were on a ride and they were running around right under it..crazy critters.

*sigh* I miss Dreamworld..

Heres some of the gorgeous tigers ;) I took many pics of them

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
i live just up the road from dreamworld and have annual passes...

i still find i spend more time chasing the water dragons and green tree snakes than i do on the actual rides

I wish I saw a GTS! where are they usually able to be found? I'm going to whitewater world on Thursday so I'll keep an eye out.

Sel, I would have taken a pic or 100000 of the tigers, but the iPhones not great for distance shots and I was more interested in watching them :) thanks for the pic!

Cheers :)

Hey NajaNaja, I'm going to dreamworld and whitewater world again tomorrow, where can I spot some GTS's?

Cheers :)

Hey NajaNaja, I'm going to dreamworld and whitewater world again tomorrow, where can I spot some GTS's?

I hate you!! :twisted:

I was there about 6 weeks ago,,i think its my faveourite place in the world lol
Didnt see any wild snakes..only water dragons, but i wasnt looking..too busy roller coasting!! Have fun :)

Hey Sel, join the club, I am hated by many ;) haha.

Was buzz saw there when you went, or was it under construction? They have just opened it. Fun ride :) The reason I'm going twice is that I got really cheap tickets. My young niece and the rest of the family came up because she was doing a dance presentation at dreamworld yesterday, and the whole dance group and family had the option of getting cheap tickets for yesterday and tomorrow. I wasn't going tomorrow but my dad and his wife are over dreamworld, so they sold me and my GF the tickets for tomorrow for $20 each, can't argue with that :)

What a great little dragon.

I wouldn't have left it or it's mate there. I would have removed them from the theme park - very tempting to rescue them and bring them home for a while, adopt them and let it live a free life in my garden (where they are not likely to be fed rubbish by stupid tourists or be hurt by ignorant tourists who don't realise how special it is to have close encounters and voluntary physical contact with such a wild lizard..

Yeah Ive seen Water Dragons there as well as turtles in the river :D
And yeah that buzzsaw ride looks amazing, im going on the 17th. May not have much time to do herping, I'll be spending the day crapping my pants on the Big 7 :D

Last time I saw heaps of turtles and they had a reptile display with, Gtp, other pythons and monitors etc but EWD were by far the most common. Nice pics

What a great little dragon.

I wouldn't have left it or it's mate there. I would have removed them from the theme park - very tempting to rescue them and bring them home for a while, adopt them and let it live a free life in my garden (where they are not likely to be fed rubbish by stupid tourists or be hurt by ignorant tourists who don't realise how special it is to have close encounters and voluntary physical contact with such a wild lizard..

Not sure if you're serious mate. It would have been extremely difficult for me to catch and remove two water dragons from dreamworld infront of 500 people in the immediate area. Plus, if I had to jump the fence into the tiger pit (where I would have had to go in wouldn't have been an issue as it's safe) I would have been booted from the park.

Thanks, though :)

Snakeluvver, what's the big 7?

Jeffa, I just read a thread on here where someone was complaining about dreamworlds reptile exhibit. Where is it? I want to have a look tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back