WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elite_Reptiles

Just a warning for aps members to be extremely careful when lending animals to friends/family for breeding projects or loans etc...

As I've just been caught out with lending 4 of my snakes as a breeding loan to someone I thought I could trust. But now it seems this
person has decided my animals are too good to return and is keeping them.

Yep... done the police thing and they can't do anything as they refused them entry onto their home, so the police said to call nsw parks &
wildlife, called them including qld parks and neither of them can do anything even with proof of ownership (movement advices etc), and
they just keep passing the buck by stating this should be a matter for the nsw police... what the?

So at the moment I'm asking myself... if I borrowed someone's reptiles for a breeding loan, took them back to my house, kept putting off
the correct paperwork that needed to be filled/signed and returned to parks and wildlife, decided to keep the reptiles and even if the
original owner of the reptiles could prove that they were only lent as a breeding loan to me, has the paperwork to prove they are his
animals and do not belong to me, there is nothing the police or wildlife services can do?

After a month now, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm never going to see my animals again. I've exhausted every avenue
and it's like there is a technical hitch in the law that does not allow me to get back what is rightfully mine.

So please be careful people, I'd hate to see or hear of this happening to anyone else.

This has now got me asking about the paperwork we religously fill out (the only means we have to prove a certain reptile belongs to us)
everytime we sell or move a reptile to another address or buyer, this is meant to prove you and/or the seller are the rightful owners/sellers,
so in a situation like this... it's worth what???

You would have to take it to one of the courts to prove ownership I'd think.

What the hell?!
First of all sorry you are in this situation,. that really sucks!
But what do you mean too good to return so they are keeping your reptiles?
What does this person say when you contact them about returning your animals?

That sucks mate, totally ridiculous that they wont do anything about it. Whats the point in the paperwork or licence when they don't even use it as evidence or act upon it.

Bugger that, mate. I'd be inclined to force entry and take what is mine (and nothing else). I know it's not legal, but the court process would be so stressful and costly. Sorry to hear that.

that is so sad to here. if i was you, i'd get it done personally. if you catch my drift......

That is horrible! i was going to lend my Hypo Levis on a breeding loan, but the guy moved, so i supose that was good in a way that i didnt have to rish the animal.

Now im sure the person who kept your animals will see this so GIVE HIS 4 SNAKES BACK!! HE WAS BEING NICE AND TOOK THE RISK AND TRUSTED YOU, THE LEAST YOU COULD DO NOW IS GIVE THEM BACK!

They won't return the calls/msgs etc and have now threatened an avo if I keep contacting them.

Should not have to go through a court or that expense for something like this, it should be just cut and clean.

step one,Drop in for coffee,you get invited in,step two take snakes,what can they charge you with?,no B & E,can't get charged for stealing your own snakes

They won't return the calls/msgs etc and have now threatened an avo if I keep contacting them.

Should not have to go through a court or that expense for something like this, it should be just cut and clean.

pretty sure AVO is a court appearance at some point , not something this person would want to consider given he technicality of theft on his part

That's horrible :(
How can people be so downright nasty :(
I can't even begin to comprehend how awful this must be for you; I'd be a wreck if anyone took my animals like that.

Get other friends and family who have seen snakes and also know you lent them to sign stat decs,MA's for ownership,any photos or records for further proof,basically any evidence of previous ownership then pursue civil action with stress and legal fees on top.They bark at you with AVO,you bite with big scarey legal letter of intent to sue.

how rude!!

rock up athis house with a few big mates at like 3am,...park in his driveway, and leave ur hand on the horn till he comes out,..byu this stage all the neighbours should be out too and you will have a huge angry audience to tell ur story to,...keep beeping and beeping and beeping,.....

have pillowcases ready so once everyone is pijssed off enough u can bag ur snakes and take them home,...

if it doesnt work, repeat daily (or more nightly) till you get ur way.....
with any luck the neighbours will break in and steal ur snakes back forl u is this tosser still isnt willing to do the right thing.

other than breaking in to steal them back i cant think of anythign else since the 'right way' isnt working,...

They got buckleys and none of getting an avo as you havent physically threatened them. The best they could possibly do is harrassment and they would still have to get the police involved in which case you can hit them back with theft. Just make sure that you dont write or say anything stupidly threatening to them like you're going to hurt them or kill them or make them sorry etc. and you will be sweet. Tell them to go right ahead and call the police because you would just love to tell the cops about how they stole your property.

also, rock up to their work place and call them thieves, if you see them in public yell loudly that everyone should hang on to their belobngings tas there is a THEIF in their midst etc,...embarrass the hell out of tehm, what dispicable people!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back