Evolving from monkeys?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew I shouln't have posted on here. I forgot all the unemployed player haters troll these threads shooting down any1 who puts out any information.

Lol because you have to be unemployed to post on here during the day..?
I asked if it is a scientific theory or a general theory. You still haven't answered. Just because you say it's real doesn't make it realistic or viable

It is both scientific and general theory. I never said it was real or true i just said that theory is out there. Maybe you should learn how to read mate.

Lol it can't be both. It's either scientific - ie provable by experimentation or observation - or general - ie some dude said "hey here's an idea...". The latter (and most likely) makes it laughable and deserving of the contempt it has been shown here

I disagree that humans DID NOT evolve from apes. There are definitely humans out there that have not quite evolved. I have seen this with my own two eyes. ;)

Lol it can't be both. It's either scientific - ie provable by experimentation or observation - or general - ie some dude said "hey here's an idea...". The latter (and most likely) makes it laughable and deserving of the contempt it has been shown here

Every theory starts off as general mate. There is evidence to support the theory, therefore being scientific. I think you are taking things too seriously mate and just looking to shake up this thread. Just because you believe strongly in one idea does not give you the right to shoot down or hate on any other ideas. Grow up. It is a shame what this forum has become.

Grogshla,

Please enlighten us... how Aliens (no evidence they even exist :lol:) contributed to human evolution.. or more importantly how its a scientific theory in ANY way... to even call it a Hypothesis would be giving it too much credit.

Its not really about what you believe.. its what there is legitimate evidence for that matters. For the alien "idea" there is ZERO evidence.

Every theory starts off as general mate. There is evidence to support the theory, therefore being scientific. I think you are taking things too seriously mate and just looking to shake up this thread. Just because you believe strongly in one idea does not give you the right to shoot down or hate on any other ideas. Grow up. It is a shame what this forum has become.

Not everything starts of general, lots of theories have been stumbled across scientifically.

The misconception we have that we evolved from apes I believe is due to creationist/theologists who have no knowledge of darwins theory and decided to use it as an argument. sure we are primates who share genetics with monkeys and apes, as much as lions share genetics with tigers but one certainly has no relation to the other. Of course if we look at bonobo chimps, they are very human like, they walk upright and carry branches as weapons when need be. very interesting stuff.

We are great apes arnt we? So I think it is correct to say that we evolved from apes.

As Aus and AK have said, there is no real evidence which removes it from the category of "scientific". Of course I am taking this seriously. It makes me mad when people who don't understand things like this try to say it doesn't exist because their understanding is too limited. What do you mean "it's a shame what this forum has become"? I'm not allowed to disagree with you? You made a statement that was has no evidence to back it up and we called you out on it. Why does that mean we have to "grow up"?

We are great apes arnt we? So I think it is correct to say that we evolved from apes.
We all come from the family hominidae which is called great apes yeah. The difficult distinction for most people comes from the fact that we come from a common ancestor (hominoidea). We didn't evolve from the apes that we see today

Last edited:
As Sax says, we evolved alongside apes from a common ancestor, not from them.

With alien intervention theory......there is a lot of circumstantial evidence.

I knew I shouln't have posted on here. I forgot all the unemployed player haters troll these threads shooting down any1 who puts out any information.

I'm professionally employed and work 5 days a week.. as well as moderating on here in my own time..
just because we don't believe in far fetched science fiction alien conspiracy theories does'nt make us unemployed..
I think it just makes us less gullible..

"the truth is out there"
live long and prosper

As Sax says, we evolved alongside apes from a common ancestor, not from them.

We did evolve from them. Not extant species of ape but you would be correct to call the ancestor of the great apes an ape. Just like we dodnt evolve from other extant species of mammals but we did evolve from mammals.

Nobody is saying that that isn't the case Grim (at least I don't think they are...). Just like, contrary to his belief, nobody set out to attack Grogshla directly until he set the focus on himself.
The original question was why aren't there "gap" species still around. A bit of proper understanding of evolution through natural selection helps to explain why this is. Unfortunately it's difficult to keep discussions about this on track for long before someone gets offended because their "theory" has no support through observation or evidence

Every theory starts off as general mate.

Not really true. Most scientific theories start out as models which involve a series of hypotheses. Then when there is lots of evidence of support for a model it can be called a theory until any evidence comes along that discredits that model. A model cannot be called a theory without evidence of support or in the presence of contradictory evidence.

The word you're looking for there is "falsifiability" Grim :p. The backbone of the current scientific method thanks to Sir Karl Popper

I dont believe in evolution.. and the reason why is another debate ..lol

Debating with APS members is like banging your head against a brick wall..so no thanks! :)

p.s Im NOT unemployed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back