The world cup is nearly ours.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomreptiles

Reaction score
Only France to defeat and we will finally get that cup.
Ok game, lots of mistakes from both sides, but we still won and that's the important thing:)
Go the mighty All Blacks!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!! shame the show pony Quaide didn't fire nor did the pretty boy connor Both good players but didnt preform tonight against a more disiplined team . 80 mins to go

It's great how the Aussie media talked down the kiwi's as chokers. Didn't see any evidence of choking out there at all! Oh, wait... Yes I did... His name was Quade Cooper!

It's amazing they let him play on! Though, he did come right in about the 60th minute and started to play well.

New Zealand played as a team, but I personally think Brad Thorn and Corey Jane stood leagues ahead of their counterparts. And Richie McCaw, carrying an injury into the final, should e getting his knighthood any minute now :)

Best player on the Aussie team - Who wouldn't want Digby Ioane in their team? He's amazing!

I had picked NZ to score 21 - 18 (thinking it was going to be a close match) - at times I was pretty close - every time the Aussies held the ball in their back line they looked amazing and at time the NZ defence looked like it was going to cave in the centres. But it all seemed to come right when ever the Aussie backs got slightly out of reach of their back ups and became isolated.

No one would pick France to win the World Cup on current form... But France very rarely plays down to the level they played against Wales - and with Para absolutely on form... Weepu better get his kicking game on and slot that ball over.

You could see he was still sad about his grandfather's passing, but when he came back on for Ellis to slot the final nail in the coffin (excuse the pun) for Australia - I think his misses for the day were all forgiven!

Nighthawk - Now, I realise you're a kiwi - I understand... but how on earth could you NOT watch the game? It's your god given RIGHT as a kiwi to watch the game. In NZ it was broadcast on Freeview TV1, TV3, Maori TV and Sky - so NO ONE had that excuse - Grandstand 5 million!

Last edited:
Too many players in the Wallabies are hot and cold, and last night they were all stone cold, but you have to remember australia had the youngest team in the world cup, so watch out 2015. The All Blacks have been the form team for the last 4 years, just too damn consistant. At least the Reds won the super rugby

I don't think the Aussies ate enough Weet-bix....or maybe they had too many? Either that or the hakka scared the be-jesus out of them at the start :lol:

I think ol Quade twas a touch frazzeld by the Haka to kick off like that.... But then the Haka means something to him culturally. I agree with you slim Cory jane deserved man of the match he used every opportunity with the ball when it was given to him I picked 20-18 also thinking it was going to be tight & was hoping the wallabies didn't do their last dying min scoring like they have done on numerous games in the past .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back