Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grama01

Reaction score
Yesterday I opened the front door and this snake was happily laying there. I did manage to take a picture and would like it identified. The snake then made it's way under the house where I store many things.
Is it a variey that I should be concerned about?
Regards
Mario

Attachments

• IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 636
Can you give us some more information? Particularly where you are from, how big it was and if you were able to see any markings on it's head/face? (i know ther is a pic, but i still can't quite make out accurately any markings around its face.)

Can you give us some more information? Particularly where you are from, how big it was and if you were able to see any markings on it's head/face? (i know ther is a pic, but i still can't quite make out accurately any markings around its face.)
yer...

I wouldn't be getting this one confused with a Keelback. Looks like a young Eastern Brown to me.

I noticed the bricks now lol, gonna assume about 60cm?

I'm leaning heavily toward a brown or to lesser extent some kind of whip. Defo not a keelback though.

I wouldn't be getting this one confused with a Keelback. Looks like a young Eastern Brown to me.

I would say an Eastern Brown but it would be good to see the head bit better.

Unfortunately that all the pictures I have of it. I live in the Northern Beaches (Collaroy) of Sydney.

Same here Juv easten Brown / Whip Snake .Wouldnt have that hanging around ! Speacialy if you have Kids

No it's alive and I think somewhere under the house. Should I get someone to find and remove it or will it go away by itself?

an eastern brown is the second most venomous land snake in the world........

ok looks like I'm going a bit against the crowd but I reckon Demansia psammophis (yellow faced whip snake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back