Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went back to my spot the other day on an overcast day to get some pics of skinks :),
worked out good and im very pleased!!!
i took alot of videos but relised i had them all on a low size thats why they have been all coming out crap :( (relised that before the bird video!), so didnt put much up...

I want feedback on the skink shots :)

to start it off the freddos,

Spotted Marsh Frogs were really common...

DSC02943.jpg

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02816.jpg

escaping :O
DSC02804.jpg

these Banjo Frogs had buried themselves underneath heavy rocks so i needed to look twice to see a little foot uncovered.

DSC02865.jpg

DSC02877.jpg

DSC02880.jpg

baby Brown Snake, just found the one.

DSC02931.jpg

DSC02932.jpg

DSC02938.jpg

Bougainville's Skink, found a few of these, but they are so fast, i find them to inhabit large flat rocks in loose soil where they burrow themselves, you only see a tiny bit of them uncovered but bloody hell these things can burrow fast !!!

DSC02817.jpg

and a video of how fast they are

[video=youtube;4TQ2RplQs90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TQ2RplQs90[/video]

Eastern Three-Lined Skink (acritoscincus duperreyi), only found the one and very pleased with how the pics turned out ! (feedback wanted)

DSC02945.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

DSC02914.jpg

DSC02908.jpg

Robust Striped Skink (ctenotus robustus) was the main goal of this trip and very happy with the pics :) , these 2 in the pics were about 9cm, though i saw some big 20cm ones which got away! (feedback wanted)

DSC02979.jpg

DSC02960.jpg

DSC02975.jpg

DSC02973.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

DSC02963.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

lighting isnt too good in this pic but its a nice pose
DSC02861.jpg

Garden Skink...

DSC03008.jpg

And a video of some cute birdies !!!

[video=youtube;Qpv3HYHpvdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpv3HYHpvdI[/video]

also saw but didnt get pics were Little Whip Snakes, Blueys, Marbled Geckos and Jacky Dragons.

i also found a golden skink at the spot ive been at 1000000 times... i only saw a glimpse of it and it was about 7cm and full gold, which really took me back as i dont think theres anything like that where its found and ive certainly never seen one even though i go there every week :S, i either think it was a Southern Water Skink or Swamp Skink ... really keen to find it again...

so yeah, would like some feedback on the skink pics :)
Nick

Last edited:
mad pics, but i dont think that the snake is a baby brown, it looks more like a grey snake but i may be wrong

its a baby :)
it looks very similiar to little whip snakes which are also found in the area and are the same size, though the browns have that orange stripe well above the eyes while little whips have one before the eyes and after the snout.. also the browns are a much more dull colour and little whips scales are a bit bigger and different shape
they also have the same behaviour which is to trash around when seen, though the browns seem to try and defend themselves more while little whips curl into a ball and try to hide there heads
brown

DSC01913.jpg

Lil whip

DSC00496.jpg

see the difference?

Last edited:
In my opinion the first shot of the eastern three lined skink was the best! But you need a DSLR bro to give you complete control over what you are doing... By the way the depth of field is good on most of them! and it's good you are getting a low angle of all the herps caus they look so much better!

its a baby :)
it looks very similiar to little whip snakes which are also found in the area and are the same size, though the browns have that orange stripe well above the eyes while little whips have one before the eyes and after the snout.. also the browns are a much more dull colour and little whips scales are a bit bigger and different shape
they also have the same behaviour which is to trash around when seen, though the browns seem to try and defend themselves more while little whips curl into a ball and try to hide there heads
brown

DSC01913.jpg

Lil whip

DSC00496.jpg

see the difference?

lol yeah, thats cool, thanks :)

In my opinion the first shot of the eastern three lined skink was the best! But you need a DSLR bro to give you complete control over what you are doing... By the way the depth of field is good on most of them! and it's good you are getting a low angle of all the herps caus they look so much better!

yeah thats my fave aswell :)

thank you josh :)

some more brown pics

DSC02919.jpg

DSC02930.jpg

i was only 10cm away when i took this :p (thats why head is outta focus)
DSC02927.jpg

one of the banjo frogs stood up and tried to make it self look intimidating, pic is crap though

DSC02873.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back