Metcalfei Medley

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimWetherall

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've had a lot of new additions join the collection and having that many animals to look after has left little time for photos but I've finally scraped together a few half decent ones.
First up is the best feeder out of the bunch and my favorite, this guy is called Spear and his pattern is really turning out quite cool in my opinion.
The first photo was taken about a month after I picked up the trio.

Spear3.jpg

Spear16.jpg

Spear20.jpg

Spear27.jpg

This next one I named Bill Savage, this little bugger caused me many headaches in regards to feeding but we got there eventually and he's just started on small weaners so his future looks bright! Haven't got many photos of this one as I've tried to disturb him as little as possible, once I get some better snaps I'll post them here.

Savage2.jpg

Savage5.jpg

Savage10.jpg

And finally, the only female. Named her Talon, she's been feeding well, good natured, all in all a very nice animal to work with.

Talon4.jpg

Talon7.jpg

Talon9.jpg

Talon14.jpg

Talon17.jpg

they are changing for the better that is for sure. who bred them?

very cool the first one is a cracker. gotta be happy with that. must be lucky to get them over in the uk i cant imagine they are a dollar a dozen

very cool the first one is a cracker. gotta be happy with that. must be lucky to get them over in the uk i cant imagine they are a dollar a dozen

Very happy with the first one, he gets better and better with each shed. Yeah, they're not super cheap over here but they're not really bank busting either surprisingly. I think they'd sell for a lot more if everyone saw them in person, most people look at photos of metcalfei and think it's just a boring grey snake but they've got so much more to them when you see them in the flesh, they've probably become my favorite member of the spilota complex. Now, if only I could track down some imbricata then I might have a new favorite!!

I've seen some in the bush along the Murray River with bright red colouring through the pattern with reduced black pigmentation. These were some of the most striking coloured carpet pythons I've seen, of which a couple of noteworthy herpers from Victoria also agreed.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

I've seen some in the bush along the Murray River with bright red colouring through the pattern with reduced black pigmentation. These were some of the most striking coloured carpet pythons I've seen, of which a couple of noteworthy herpers from Victoria also agreed.

Very interesting. You didn't happen to get any photos of the MD's you saw? I'd love to see them. It's times like this when I really envy you guys, being able to go out your back door and find Pythons must be great, the closest we've got here are Slow Worms, Grass Snakes and Adders.

i have a couple that should look quite good as they age i should get a few pics

Very interesting. You didn't happen to get any photos of the MD's you saw? I'd love to see them. It's times like this when I really envy you guys, being able to go out your back door and find Pythons must be great, the closest we've got here are Slow Worms, Grass Snakes and Adders.

I am with you jim, it's great too see our native reptiles in their natural habitat but to see something like a md in its natural habitat would be just a dream. It takes me back too my second trip to Australia and staying with some family friends in Queensland. The fun I had in their back yard.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back