Love Thy Customer...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shell477

Reaction score
Well its that time of the year again where customers start going CRAZY and brain cells start to elude them...

I thought I would create a thread where you can tell your stories relating to customers, feel free to vent!

Here's some to start us off, although I get these all year round not just in the silly season.

(Note: I work in a Bakers Delight)

Customer: I'll have a pie thanks!
Me: Sorry, we dont sell hot food like pies here
Customer: Oh ok, no worries... I'll just have a sausage roll!
Me: Sorry we don't have those either, we dont sell hot food like pies and pasties, Bakers Delight mainly sell bread products
Customer: Oh... Ok.... Do you sell icecreams?
*facepalm*

Customer: how much are your cheese and bacon rolls each?
Me: $2.70 each (expensive I know but delicious!)
Customer: Ok, I'll take 4 please.
Me: *bags order* Ok that comes to a total of $10.80 thanks
Customer: WHAT! $10.80 for four rolls! Thats bloody expensive, I might as well just go to Safeway!
*facepalm, you asked how much they were before you ordered!..*

I usually can think of heaps more just like this, but my brain is tired right now. YOUR TURN!

We closed the display but still do hotel shows etc

Got a call one night to let some guests from a pretty ritzy hotel chain into our house to see the snakes

Our anniversary but agreed so long as they came quickly
3 hours later 12 people finally turned up
Spent next 2 hours with them
Gushed about everything and how wonderful the snakes were

When they left after wrecking our night, drinking all our water, messing up two bathrooms and looking down their noses at my lovely companion; they left a total of $10.25 in the donation box

Im convinced that richer they are; meaner they are

haha i love how customers mispronounce things...
i have an electrus parrot
i have a conure...*sounds like manure*
I have a stimsonian python

I work in a go lo
Lots of people try to tell me that we are part of woolworths. Especially the older people, and it doesn't matter how many times I tell them, they still seem to think they know my job and company better than me....
Oh, and I get a lot of people asking if I sell bread?

Love thy customer and kick her out in the morning.:D

haha i love how customers mispronounce things...
i have an electrus parrot
i have a conure...*sounds like manure*
I have a stimsonian python

My favourite is gumpies and goopies for guppies =p

I've had some weird customers come in before...

One woman told me how delicious ferrets tasted
Another wanted to know if it was ok to shower with his guinea pig
But the true winner only came in within the last month, was interested in purchasing a flea from us for his son's science project.

Customers are always crazy, Christmas just just brings them out in higher numbers.

i work for a glazing company. fixed a customers broken sliding door and they asked me if i could change the barrel on there lock told them i wasnt a lock smith and he asked if anyone i worked with was i told him that we are glaziers and not lock smith the next day he rang up and refused to pay because he had to get a lock smith to changed his barrel cause we couldnt do it. what a douch

Ferret..?? Ew...

And how DO you pronounce conure then??

These are great keep them coming!

Thanks! I too had thought the 'ure' was pronounced the same as in manure lol! Nobodys perfect I guess!

Con-r ??? Not sure how i'm interpreting that... but pretty sure phonetically it's con-ya

I work in the car parts industry....
I hate when a know it all customer comes in to get a certain part for their vehicle ( eg landcruiser/patrol etc )
that when I start to ask the obvious questions like - model/year etc - I get told that they are all the same...
Some get offended when I say that if they want the correct part that I need the correct details....
so if they dont give me the correct details,and I give them wrong part - for some reason I am at fault - go figure

I hate to say it but the customer IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT.....

One thing that really gets on my nerves is when I tell them the price and hold my hand out for the money, they go straight past my hand (like literally nearly touch it as they pass) and put the coins on the glass top and slide it towards me (no doubt scratching the glass).
Then when I go to hand them their change, they hold THEIR hand out for their change! I feel like putting in down next to their freaking hand!

And people who order their bread with their sunnies on. We are in a mall. I hate trying to talk to people when I cant see their eyes!

lol isnt it just great when they try and give you a hand with your job. like trying to take the glass out of the broken window they rang you to come and fix or tell you what your doing wrong

One thing that really gets on my nerves is when I tell them the price and hold my hand out for the money, they go straight past my hand (like literally nearly touch it as they pass) and put the coins on the glass top and slide it towards me (no doubt scratching the glass).
Then when I go to hand them their change, they hold THEIR hand out for their change! I feel like putting in down next to their freaking hand!
I've worked in Bakers Delight AND a supermarket for wayyy too many years in the past. And yes this was one of my pet hates! In my worst moods I used to ignore their hands and put their change on the counter hehe... then they look all offended like it doesnt work both ways. Morons.

I used to do exactly that at my old work, all of the time, and smile at them :) 'Have a nice day!'

Nowadays it's correcting people, as Leeloofluff said, my two favourites are "Electric Parrot" (I'm fairly certain that the big green bird sitting on you is actually an Eclectus, as per your licence details) and when walking past the cricket section hearing people (generally parents w kids) saying "Why are there crickets here?" "Must be to feed the snakes..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back