Whats your profession? And Why?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to change my avatar from that ugly guy to someone more appropriate to get the ball rolling....

I noticed the change in avatar right where you'd written "BRING IT ON LADIES!!"
There really is no appropriate emoticon for how hard I am laughing right now...

In my first life, I used to be a butcher. I hated the job with passion, so I chucked it in, moved up north with the ambition to become a professional hippie in Kuranda - better than butchering but it didn't pay much, besides I never had a taste for those funny mushrooms and other substances, so I resigned.

Later: reptile keeper / collector around Sydney ..... moved back to NQ .... got a job with crocodiles, later became head reptile keeper at the same Park ..... some disappointments with the management ..... resigned .... enrolled into BSc, later MSc in zoology ..... worked at the uni for years, mainly in entomology, later a management position came my way .... funding dried out ..... redundancy ...... reached out for my camera and here I am.

Conclusion: there is a life after full-time job ... and a good one too.

I have worked in an office since I was 15. Started at the bottom and didn't get much higher really LOL
Was a single mum and never wanted to be a government bludger. Wanted to make sure if my child needed something, I could buy it, so kept working. My son was nearly four and was killed in an accident, so I know where you parents are coming from, how it really is the best job in the world.
I got made redundant from my job last October after 30+ years in Finance. Our office moved to Melbourne and sorry, but there is no way I would move there.
All the traveling and sitting in front of a computer has taken it's toll on my back. Still is really sore. I hope to go to TAFE next year and be able to help oldies stay in their home by doing their shopping, cleaning etc
At the moment I am actually doing what I really love and that is getting baby pythons eating...that is what I love the most.
My ideal/dream job would be working with animals, but I doubt if that is ever going to happen.

Work in the Travel Industry pretty much have since I left school (2 years of that was within the financial services side of things which I probably enjoyed the most).

also currently doing bio sciences majoring in bio tech and image consultancy course.

like alot of you have my fingers in all different kinds of pies........

Travel, finance, fashion and science what a weird combination

horse riding coach, i rode, volunteered, got a traineeship and now teach at the same centre. it has its failings. but the job i love. the people not so much lol in need of somewhere new to work though as have a mortgage now. so any ideas as i cant even seem to get an interview!

i am unemployed and on centrelink benefits due to a tyrade of unfortunate circumstances! in a past life though i believe i was an ATech in the RAAF and i have this love and passion for planes....Hercibuses, JSF (superhornets, decomissioned F-111's,F-35's yah know) Orions....so much love!!!

i'm also a st.john ambulance volunteer so yeah, and then i've got my reptiles.

I'm a Home Based Educator in childcare. I raised 5 children and I did it well. I needed to earn and didn't want to leave my own children so I fell into this....... it's not my preference but I'm not going to complain about a job that pays well and allows me to be home for my family.

PS, I work very hard at forming close bonds with my families....... some of these parents agonise over returning to work and I like to think that I'm making the decision and situation easier for them.

For all the "stay at home mums" out there - a big thumbs up to you - sometimes the decision to stay home is just as hard as choosing to return to work. What you are doing is invaluable.

For the mums who return to work - another big thumbs up- your decision was incredibly difficult.

No-one can replace mum and dad but I'm a close second :D

Last edited:
The pirate blew my mind in the earlier pages. On ya brother!!!!!!!

Haha thanks man, but are you sure it's not the mushies that caused it !?

That'll learn 'em to judge the Pirate arrrrgh mi' hearties:D !

Okay then: You can have Dwayne, we'll have to share custody of Vin, and I get to keep Jason Statham :p

I like to take a scientific approach to monsters. My daughter is now convinced that monsters are so scary due to a defence mechanism whereby they puff themselves up (like her bluey Lurch), to scare off potential predators (children) who they are convinced will eat them alive. She now feels sorry for them. She also knows how to turn off 'scary robots' (I googled electrical circuits and showed her that an interruption in electrical currents will instantly render any scary robot powerless, baw haw haw...), and that skeletons are just people without any muscles or skin, so they'll fall over as soon as you blow hard enough.
Not bad for a 4yo :D

Congrats Poggle! Just don't blink; as soon as you do they'll be older than you thought they were ;)

Oooh i forgot him!!!

Literally roflmao at defensive mechanisims etc!!! thats gold!

oh and Poggle, Nighthawk is 100% right. enjoy every minute. the good ones definately outweigh the bad ones and there is nothing better then when you little one comes up and gives you a random "i love you, mum/dad".

I run a few websites of the kind that links can't be published here! That keeps the money rolling in while I do snake relocations, snake talks etc which has really taken off making me a very happy guy.

Well it depends on the day and time of the day. I am a taxi driver, a judge, a referee, a teacher, accountant, purchasing officer, treasurer, a nurse, a doctor, fashon adviser, gardener, cleaner, chef, psychologist, hair dresser.....in one word a mother 24/7:))))

In my spare time (because I have sooooooo much of it) I am on 2 schools committees and do books for my husbands business.

Before kids ...I was a general manager at a car mechanical workshop:)

Geriatric health care. Why? Because I'm good at it and I get to make peoples last few weeks of life as comfortable as possible.

A bad day at the office for me is losing patients and having to shelve my grief, put on a professional face to comfort grieving relatives.
The stress levels are pretty high.

Geriatric health care. Why? Because I'm good at it and I get to make peoples last few weeks of life as comfortable as possible.

A bad day at the office for me is losing patients and having to shelve my grief, put on a professional face to comfort grieving relatives.

With our aging population we need lots more people like you.

My mum does that too... I couldn't. It would break my heart, way too much of a softy.

well.... full time APSer ... oh and i go to that thing what they call it? umm school i think it is :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back