Whats your profession? And Why?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a gardener/ landscaper (used to be a chef qualified).
Clients think me weird when I say the highlight of my day was seeing a snake in their back yard.

DONE AND DONE- Santas gonna have a chat to the wife and tell her its my right to blow my royalties in one foul swoop.... !!!!!!!!!

If you want some real fun you could do what i did. My mate and i set a challenge... Powerful road bikes, nobby's, enduro. DONE! I setup a FZ1000 FAZER for dirt.... well all i can say is RUSH!!

Well currently I work from 8:45 - 3:10 on a $0 per hour salary. It sucks but my co-workers are great people, all the same age as me. The worst part about it? If I don't work for a bit I have to make up the time after hours, generally until 4:30.

That's exactly what I'm planning to do... as in, EXACTLY. A month or so ago I told myself that as soon as I have the money, I'm going to move to Cairns, attend James Cook University and major in zoology. Then... breed reptiles/relocate animals/something else.

That was me at your age as well! Thought I had it all mapped out! lol after spending some time in Cairns though I decided there was no way in hell I could actually live there and ended up moving to Sydney and studying through RMIT instead. Pretty happy it turned out that way to be honest not sure I could see myself working a part time job whilst studying on campus full time.

Thats not meant to be discouraging btw its a great plan and I wish you luck in achieving your goals, just obviously not for everyone! lol

KR I've ridden a few late model bikes that are way too soft/hard even with adjusting clickers to suit myself. Yes I could still jump etc fine, but I don't feel as confident. My susp tuner charges me $400 to revalve and service forks and shock. When I first started riding again in my later years, no bike even today's current ones would suit a 115kg person plus gear(pushed me over 125kgs) so i needed new springs. Everyone likes diff things in suspension and i believe the money spent getting it done that could prevent damage to myself requiring a hospital visit to be money worth while.

New bikes won't need gold valvesor that, just a reshim of the stacks to improve comp/rebound

Wow.. I understand now, I'm 64kg haha.

I'm studying vet science, and just finished 4th year, with 1 left to go!
I also work to put myself through uni - modelling, promotinal work, bikini waitressing.
I love both jobs very much. They are both completely different, and require different skills. Vet is a huge mental workout, as well as being a physical workout after I've been going non-stop for 12 hours a day. I always thought modelling would be easy. It's amazingly hard work! It often involves standing in painful shoes, wearing uncomfortable clothes I've been sewn in to, standing in awkward positions, and smiling for hours. The promotional work and bikini waitressing I do a lot more of, and are heaps of fun. Dealing with people in that role has been a real eye-opener. I'm used to being the respected vet, or being the "boss's daughter" type role. The way people treat me as a promo girl is so different, it's amazing. I love studying human behaviour and reading people, and bikini waitressing has been a great way to do that. At the moment I wouldn't give up either line of work.

I have a lot of respect for people who are full time parents. I was a nanny for 3 kids for 10 days, as well as a farm hand on the property. I worked from 6am till 11pm every day. It was hard work, and by the end of it I was ready for a break. As soon as I got one I missed the kids like crazy! One day I'll do it myself, until then, I take my hat off to those that do.

Always wanted to do vet science but the teachers arent very helpful at school to help me out to get me to a high level and an OP1. Maybe one day i will be able to go ahead and do wildlife science or wildlife ecology. At the moment i am in grade 10 but soon to be grade 11. I am also currently working in a fish and chip shop which provides all my money to keep my hobby alive.

im a survey technician at a underground/open pit gold mine, used to work in retail since 16, i moved away from melb 3 years ago for a bit and just lucky to come across this job and now there putting me back thru tafe :)

Laboratory Technician

Why cause I haven't got my job in the mines yet..............

Big thank you to all who have replied... good to have a thread where there has been so much positive reinforcement for fellow APS's

I'm a Web Developer. I make stuff for the interweb!

15yrs ago my old man told me to pick a real career! Hopefully the Internet will take off soon so I can prove him wrong!! :D

I'm a Web Developer. I make stuff for the interweb!

15yrs ago my old man told me to pick a real career! Hopefully the Internet will take off soon so I can prove him wrong!! :D

Hate to break it to you Kurto but your old man's right. Pipe-dream, buddy... pipe-dream. Those interwebbies will never take off.
Now those new-fangled portable CD players, that's the way to go! :D

Hate to break it to you Kurto but your old man's right. Pipe-dream, buddy... pipe-dream. Those interwebbies will never take off.
Now those new-fangled portable CD players, that's the way to go! :D

i want one

I would like to update my profession - have just stepped up from bikini waitress, to naughty santa elf waitress, for this friday! I'm so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back