Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep...My female topaz is an absolute horse.
Already longer than my arm and as thick as my wrist at her thickest.

I fed her the other day and she hit the rat so hard it swung like a pendulum and while she managed to grab the rats leg the momentum of her strike had her actually striking her own coils.
So picture this...she has the rats leg in her mouth along with a mouthful of her own side.
There is so way she is letting go of herself because that would mean letting go of the rat.
She's coiling and thrashing.
*sigh*
I had to reach in, pull her out of her enclosure, pry her mouth open and pull her teeth out of her own skin and re-offer the rat she was so desperate for.
She finished it and still came at me like a freight train with her mouth open.

Still she's my favorite python even if she is freakin' nuts.

haha my boy is so gentle with his food he will slowly come up to the rat give it a nudge then slowly open his mouth over the face and just hang on to it i have to pull on the rat to get him to coil up over it haha

My male Topaz Ten is a bit like that..Ten is a bit damned slow. I worry about him. Most def. my special needs baby who takes forever to think about accepting his food items and then eats the darn things backwards (tail first).

Hard to believe both the male and female came from the same clutch.

haha oh my SA knows when its food he doesn't muck around to get out and grab it hes just so gentle haha and takes him all of 5 mins to get it down the hatch

All of mine ar freaks at food time with most tail wiggling and head bobbing as soon as I open the enclosure.

hey guys and girls the eggs are sinking and looking at hatching soon.
Candled a few, really strong viens and some strong banding (as you can see in 2 of the pics) :)

Really looking forward to these guys poking their heads out :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 71
  • in egg stripe 1.jpg
    in egg stripe 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 73
  • in egg stripe 2.jpg
    in egg stripe 2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 64
Those are some cool pics yommy ! Never seen eggs being candled and the bands on the 4th pic is nice

Good luck with them yommy. Looks promising so far!

that would be cool yommy :p Know what would be cooler when they hatch you send some down my way haha. my SA boy in shed atm i will update some pics in the next couple of days after his shed :)

Im sure they will be worth the wait :)

Remember me yommy, I've been patiently waiting, another 6 month wont hurt.

With parents like these i am sure it will be worth it :) and an example of one of last years efforts. Should be some really nice stuff.

I'll keep you all updated :)

I am going to be O/S for some of that period, hence the time frame, but don't worry they 'the hatchies' will be in good hands whilst i'm away :)

Attachments

• pair.JPG
    pair.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 115
  • woma B01.JPG
    woma B01.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 109
I'd love to get more Woma's, Yommy, esp. yours, but I have to get my amendment done to my Rec. Rep license before that can happen.
Hell, I'd need to get it done before I even think of putting my pair of topaz together next breeding season.

I love hatchy boodaries, they all look great with their dark bands and good contrast. I'm just focusing on my RHDs at the moment and all RHDs look crap as hatchies imo.
Great work yommy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back