breeding from wild

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrightpython

Banned
Reaction score
would it be illegal in NSW if a wild male diamond python managed to get into my outdoor avairy with my in heat female diamonds and bred if i was to release him back into the wild once his deed was done. its amazing how many we get around here getting all flustered on top of avairy trying to get in

The only way it would be able to get in is if you caught it and put it in with her!
This sir is poaching and yes it is illegal!
By the way snake dont come in "heat" you would do well to learn a little more
about what your keeping!

i wouldnt allow it due to wild pythons having diseases it can kill all your females

when i say my in heat females i am saying they are cruising around leaving there im ready to breed smell every where and getting the males all worked up so i would say this is in heat. and for your information they can get in thru a fan that i have installed in the roof of enclosure to remove heat in summer. the inhabitants of the enclosure can not reach said fan but when fan is off wild diamonds can get in. so i am not poaching and where did your animals come from originally. If i release wild animal straight away what is the difference and as far as diseases go if wild diseased animal is on outside of cage wouldnt my animals get these diseases. in November i removed and relased 7 different males from around and on top of my avairy, if i let my female out to breed and keep eye on her is this also poaching.

Last edited:
I'm sure your department of whatever they're called this week would have something to say about it if they knew.

I'd say install some mesh over the top of your fan so the wild males can't get in.

would it be illegal in NSW if a wild male diamond python managed to get into my outdoor avairy with my in heat female diamonds and bred if i was to release him back into the wild once his deed was done. its amazing how many we get around here getting all flustered on top of avairy trying to get in

It depends if the female's press charges ;)

i wouldnt allow it due to wild pythons having diseases it can kill all your females

It's the other way around.A wild python catching something from a captive one and spreading that into the wild population.

how do you stop wild pythons coming into contact with captive animals if they are kept outside year round. avairy has mesh sides

how do you stop wild pythons coming into contact with captive animals if they are kept outside year round. avairy has mesh sides
You make it your responsibility to ensure that it can't happen.I'm sure if you give it a bit of thought you will figure it out.

I don't understand why this thread is turning into a big issue.If they are a much loved pet you would stop anything to get near them,risk of disease,injury or death.If a female becomes gravid what genes will it bring into captive lines? If they can get in then,I don't why the pets can't get out?

If I went on a holiday to Sth America and a Macaw happened to lay 2 eggs in my suitcase without my knowledge, would it be OK to breed with it then release it when I am done.

I'm sure your department of whatever they're called this week would have something to say about it if they knew.

They would say "Looks like you decided to use.... The Wrongpython." *glasses* YEEAAAAH!

Your storey does not make sense, if I python can get into the enclosure then your female could get out, which she would have already done.

Sometimes its best to say nothing. plenty of diamonds for sale if you want to breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back