Lose Wheat Lose Weight and other food issues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have a whinge about parents feeding there kids processed foods. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE SO MANY FAT AND WILD KIDS IN CLASSROOMS! I'm not saying feed organic or anything like that or that your kids can't have lollies everynow and then, but try putting that packet of chips aside and give your kids a god dam apple for once!

my whinge lol my youngest was born full term real tiny just 2 ounces off neo natal ward thing shes 3 almost 4 i took her to the docs for her well child check up and they told me she was under weight i was like ummmmm shes always been like that ( tall and petite size) she was only just soo little born
she eats fruit and vege love apples and banana and snacks on them off and on all day and grapes and strawberries has wheatbix for breakfast or an omlet eats really well and eats lots INCLUDING the processed food thats ment to make our kids fat and hello shes freaken welll underweight! i dont really think its what you eat so much as what you do and how active you are as shes on the go from the time her eyes open in the morning till shes asleep and even then shes active in her sleep freaken doctors pee me off sometimes! sorry rant over apart from that as a grown up i perfer low carb high protien and walking as weight control

I have more of an issue with the wild kids than the fat ones. Additives in foods contribute significantly to behavioural issues in my professional opinion.

my whinge lol my youngest was born full term real tiny just 2 ounces off neo natal ward thing shes 3 almost 4 i took her to the docs for her well child check up and they told me she was under weight i was like ummmmm shes always been like that ( tall and petite size) she was only just soo little born
she eats fruit and vege love apples and banana and snacks on them off and on all day and grapes and strawberries has wheatbix for breakfast or an omlet eats really well and eats lots INCLUDING the processed food thats ment to make our kids fat and hello shes freaken welll underweight! i dont really think its what you eat so much as what you do and how active you are as shes on the go from the time her eyes open in the morning till shes asleep and even then shes active in her sleep freaken doctors pee me off sometimes! sorry rant over apart from that as a grown up i perfer low carb high protien and walking as weight control

I have more of an issue with the wild kids than the fat ones. Additives in foods contribute significantly to behavioural issues in my professional opinion.

Absolutely correct

But I also have a dietician sister who swears by removing wheat products from diets

With prawns you may find that if they are farmed prawns its the additives in their feed
Most farmed prawns are not purged before sale
There was a similar reaction to farmed barramundi a few years ago that turned out to be the feed
Go catch a few and try them
Might just be the answer

Purely on the whinge side, but i'm sick of my uni offering such unhealthy food options... i'm often there 5 days a week during semester and i have a choice of:

- Hot chips and burgers
- Lasagne and cheesy pastas
- Pizza
- Kebabs
- the stodgiest, oiliest Chinese and Thai food you can imagine
- Nachos and baked potatoes with sour cream, bacon, all the trimmings etc.
- Half frozen pre-packaged sushi
- Various types of 2 minute noodles prepared with microwaved hot water

Honestly, the only healthy things available are deli sandwhiches, which while pretty good, are also hard on the wallet at up to $13 a pop... how can a broke uni student compete with a $5.00 thai green curry and rice, or better still, a $1 pack of mi-goreng? I try and pack my own lunch when i can but when you're getting to bed at 12-1am and waking up at 6am, finding time to prepare tasty, healthy meals can be testing =[

But I also have a dietician sister who swears by removing wheat products from diets

We've used wheat for thousands of years, it's only in the past 100 years or so that we've stumbled across additives and chemicals to make the food go further and last longer. The catch is that an increasing amount of people are having reactions to it (or it could just be the symptoms are becoming noticeable.) They're in everything now.

Turn over a pack of cornflakes and be amazed.

Bloody diets! Get rid of them, all of them unless you want to "diet" for the rest of your life.
It's so simple, stay away from take-a-ways and other junk food, no soft drinks either. Eat good home cooked food, the bigger the variety the better and exercise regularly and effectively (going for a walk is not an exercise). Have a positive and healthy attitude to life and it will reflect in your physique.

wouldnt that also be lack of parenting? no offense but none of mine roam the streets and abuse people and that sort of thing and know that their actions have consequences and if they dont like the consequences they have to watch their actions
i know some foods may be to blame for some behaviour but wouldnt that also be because of a chemical inbalance in the child not all processed food or preservatives and additives can be blamed for bad bahviour some of that blame has to go to parenting and maybe medical issues too right?

my brother for example has adhd and aspergers and is a type one unstable diabetic and we are very careful with his diet and he is still a feral wild child that spending 15 mins with you wanna bury in a deep hole

Last edited:
Lol, parenting definately has an impact on how children behave but when i say wild i definately mean kids like your brother. I've taught some really really sweet kids that don't have a single nasty streak in them with beautiful parents but they just cannot sit and conncentrate. They just can't. Those are the kids i talk of.

Food isn't the only impact, different lifestyles, computers etc etc i think all have an impact but since this thread was kinda about food i thought i'd bring it up.

(going for a walk is not an exercise).

Incorrect. Walking is definitely exercise, and is in fact one of the most beneficial exercises out there.

Of course, the pace is the most important aspect - mountain hiking is the best form of cardio for long-term fitness. Running, on the other hand, will destroy your knees if you're not careful, jogging is even worse.

Weight lifting, which I do regularly, is the best form, along with modest walking.

I was thinking the same about prawns, could it be an additive or feed thing?

I'm the same but with crabs lol, my palms and throat gets itchy. So i take an antihystamine half an hour before and i'm all good!

I have the same with fish, as Ive fished all my life and now my hands swell from cleaning fish ect, recently my eyes swelled after eating some freshly caught yellow fin tuna... but the problems have thus been from very freshly caught fish... I don't really care as yet, I can live with it. (so far)

going for a walk is not an exercise

I'm going to disagree with you there, walking at a decent pace (not at a dawdle) 30mins a day does wonders for you, suck in your gut the entire way and it's even better (the first few days will kill you I can tell you lol)
and if it's not a flat surface even better, there's been a weight loss club going in Australia for about a decade that just has women walking around their back yard/ clothes line for an hour every day that's shown wonderful results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely correct

With prawns you may find that if they are farmed prawns its the additives in their feed
Most farmed prawns are not purged before sale
There was a similar reaction to farmed barramundi a few years ago that turned out to be the feed
Go catch a few and try them
Might just be the answer

Absolutely true

For me the reason wheat is the problem is he processing chemicals that leave aresidue in the wheat that builds up in my body. I spent 12 months at the gym working my butt off four times a week for two hours each time I was incredibly fit but could not lose weight no matter what I did.

In the end I thought this has to be more thn my salicylate allergy and so I thought stuff it I am going to try taking wheat out of my diet and reducin the dairy right down and wow...another kilo today !! so it has been 6 weeks since I started...i went slightly backwards over christmas because although didnt eat wheat I did eat a lot !! and I have lost 4 kilos !!

As to farming...i think you are right. Ihad a farmed trout and I was so ill.....but if i have ocean fish I am fine.....the farmed prawns...you dont want to know what they do to make them breed etc they ahve to use so many antibiotics anti fungal anti ths anti that to get them to breed....and you are ingesting all of it because the prawns must absorb it !!!!

Bloody diets! Get rid of them, all of them unless you want to "diet" for the rest of your life.
It's so simple, stay away from take-a-ways and other junk food, no soft drinks either. Eat good home cooked food, the bigger the variety the better and exercise regularly and effectively (going for a walk is not an exercise). Have a positive and healthy attitude to life and it will reflect in your physique.

Michael for a lot of people it is that simple...but or people like me whoa re so chemically sensitive...it isnt quite like that !!

Incorrect. Walking is definitely exercise, and is in fact one of the most beneficial exercises out there.

Of course, the pace is the most important aspect - mountain hiking is the best form of cardio for long-term fitness. Running, on the other hand, will destroy your knees if you're not careful, jogging is even worse.

Weight lifting, which I do regularly, is the best form, along with modest walking.

Yes agree with all of this..and walking was the first exercise I was told to do when I first had my complete meltdown and was diagnosed with food intolerance.

I have the same with fish, as Ive fished all my life and now my hands swell from cleaning fish ect, recently my eyes swelled after eating some freshly caught yellow fin tuna... but the problems have thus been from very freshly caught fish... I don't really care as yet, I can live with it. (so far)

I would be really careful...seafood reactions can be very nasty and life threatening and it sounds to me that for somer eason your body is setting up and intolerance. Wjhat this means is that you arent allergic....but you an intolerance or your body simply cannot process being near or coming into contact with seafood and it will no get better or go away it will only get worse. The only way to treat intolerance is to cease all contact with the offending food/chemical and sometimes if you are lucky the body will recover and you can then go back to having it.

I'm going to disagree with you there, walking at a decent pace (not at a dawdle) 30mins a day does wonders for you, suck in your gut the entire way and it's even better (the first few days will kill you I can tell you lol)
and if it's not a flat surface even better, there's been a weight loss club going in Australia for about a decade that just has women walking around their back yard/ clothes line for an hour every day that's shown wonderful results.

I have a vague memory of the girl that started that idea writing a book called 'the clothesline diet' she was trapped at home as a stay at home mum and got very big and it was so hard for her to leave the house with her kids. So every day she set herself a goal to walk around her clothesline and at first she could hardly do one circuit without passing out and she just set herself a goal to walk a few more times around each day........

Last edited:
if you take a close look, there are links in my post, one is to her site ;) maybe the link colour needs to be more vibrant? people are not seeing them it seems.

There is no such thing as good or bad foods..just food. If you wanna lose weight it is all about calories in vs calories out. Also counting your macros is key ( carbs / fat / protein ). If you wanna lose weight fast though some medicines can be very helpful in getting lean ;)

Alright I am joining the food whinge.
I have a son who has just turned two who is such a bad eater that he is constantly borderline for having a button (tube in his abdomen) put in so he can get the nutrients he needs. No I am not looking for advice and if one more person tells me "he wont starve himself" I will go postal. Yes he will bloody starve himself and he is close to doing it.
The worst kind of food problems are those that belong to the people you value more than yourself.

About 25 years ago (yes... I can talk in numbers like that now) I was at my parents place, I had eaten some pizza shapes (yes, highly processed baked goodies) and obviously something else....

That night I vomitted some 18 times... Till my stomach hurt... Food poisoning.... From what? I don't know. I still don't suspect the pizza shapes... But what it was, I really don't know.

Anyway - Some 23 years later I can only just 'tolerate' pizza shapes again. I used to love them!!! I seriously still can't eat them....

The brain is an amazing thing - puts you off food it thinks harms you.

Perhaps that's a way to cut certain things out of your diet easily - make the brain think it's no good!!

Otherwise, I can pretty much eat anything. I need to exercise more not eat less!!!

I think the prawns have a lot to do with what they are eating... not just farmed but in the wild too. I live in north QLD so I get prawns fresh from the trawler, and I still get a reaction from them, but a few weeks back my husband caught some estuary prawns and I tried some just to test it and I was fine. No reaction at all from the estuary prawns. No reaction from mud crabs or fish. The lads are heading out to get some crayfish this weekend so I'll try them too.
Crayfish is my favourite food in the whole world so if I'm allergic to them I think I might die!!! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back