Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to get more Woma's, Yommy, esp. yours, but I have to get my amendment done to my Rec. Rep license before that can happen.
Hell, I'd need to get it done before I even think of putting my pair of topaz together next breeding season.

Simple procedure just cost more $$$$ which is crazy but thats the system. And especially if your going to put the topaz together (there would be an extra 8-12 to add to your books)
At least you have time to save for the boodaries :)

Good project there Jason after the pilbara womas the RHD are No 2 on my favourites list.

Have a great new years everyone great things for 2012 i reckon :)

Here's some updated photos of a few of this years hatchlings. These are from one of the WA Sandfire pairs.

1d1f8523.jpg

de4d870f.jpg

690aa365.jpg

7650ea85.jpg

e7443e1c.jpg

Unfortuneately my favorite is in shed at the moment.

Here's a before and after pic of my guy.

He hatched Christmas day last year.

The first pic was taken this year mid April and the second pic was taken today :)

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

SA shed today so got him out for a couple quick pics before i head out to dinner sorry bout the pics taken off my phone . A pic of when he was in shed and now new skin , The lighting wasn't the greatest as it was sunset haha but you can kinda see his color and pattern :) Enjoy

Ohhh and sorry for the upside down one haha won't let me rotate for some reason .

Attachments

• IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 60
Thats a crackin SA Jarden.....

Here is my other holdback tanami from last season. I like the soort of spotty pattern it has in a few places.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_4434.JPG
    IMG_4434.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 66
Not some of the rp rhds I've seen they're crackers

It's just my personal opinion. I just like the bold pattern and contrast of the boodaries straight out of the egg.
Here's one of my adult pairs, I think they would be regarded good looking RHD's by most peoples standards, however as hatchies in my opinion they look crap. I hatched out a male last season that will look much better than these guys but I think he looks crap currently, I just have to be patient and wait for him to color up. sorry about the male pic being so crap

Attachments

• female rhd.jpg
    female rhd.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 81
  • male RHD.jpg
    male RHD.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 80
Well my sandfires have hatched!!

_DSC2729.jpg

078-1.jpg

086-1.jpg

089.jpg

112.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

baby1.jpg

Baby2.jpg

Baby3.jpg

Baby4a.jpg

These photos are taken over a few days, from start of hatching to when i moved some to their containers... out of 7 eggs, only 6 were viable, of those 6 eggs, 4 have come out, the other 2 have pipped but still in the eggs.. so of 6 viable eggs, 100percent hatch rate... WOO HOO weights of hatchlings range from 31.0 to 32.1g so far.
Thankyou all

My favorite finally shed
9e1ec4c7.jpg

Photos don't do it justice of how dark it really is.

Don't you love it when you cop a bite and the next day the bite mark is itchy and you pull two teeth out your arm. Lol

I got nailed once by my large female, yep you guessed it she was hungry and had been making rat-a-tat-tat noises on her tub - for the first time - and one of the teeth went right in, had to boil a stitching needle, wait for it to cool, then dig in and prise the tooth out. Didn't feel nice, but there was plenty of betadine on it.

Now I know every time I hear that tapping sound she is hungry and a rat comes out of the freezer and sits on the bench for a few hours, then pull the tub out and in it goes, a few seconds later she's wrapped tightly around it like a rubber band.

I'm usually pretty good at dodging getting bitten cause once you pick them up they realize there is no food on offer and handle awesome. But I just picked up one of my females and she latched onto my wrist. Lol. Took forever to get her off. Had to run her under the water in the shower. Lol.

All of mine have crazy feeding responses. They all launch and coil hard.

All of mine have crazy feeding responses. They all launch and coil hard.

That's how womas should be. Food crazy. Any of the womas I intend to breed (and sell offspring) will be food crazy. If some are difficult feeders they won't be used in my breeding program and if they are they will be selected for their enthusiasm for food - to me that is the key indicator of the health of a snake. If a snake is easily stressed, goes off their food, it is not a healthy animal, of course that is my opinion but I'll bet Brisbane to a brick that my views on this have their basis well founded in science.

Pic from tonight having a snack , He doesn't strike very hard and he doesn't coil but he NEVER refuses feed hes just gentle :)

Attachments

• IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 36
Yeah, mines the same. He's SUPER inquisitive ALL THE TIME, gorgeous to handle, never refuses a meal but never goes psycho and tries to eat me instead of the food. He's only a year old though. We'll see what happens as he matures. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back