snake in Christchurch

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
theres plenty of snakes found at the wellington docks from aussie cargo ships. id be fairly suprised if any/many snakes could survive a south island winter.
i lived in nz from 80-96 so i know how cold it can get..

Bloody cold, that's why I am here although if we have many more of these 40deg days I may change my mind.

Possibly. It's not something I gather DOC or MAF would be keen to find out though lmao.
I didn't think of Tasmania, I keep forgetting it's a part of Aus lol (sorry to all the Tassie APS members)... Good luck to any snakes trying to survive in Chch at the moment though, there won't be much left the way the earthquakes are going. Stupid tremors, and efforts to convince my family members to gth out of there are proving fruitless at the moment :(

those earthquakes split me and my partner up he sent me and the girls back here and has stayed tried to get family to relocate somewhere else but pfft each to their own i spose ....could see a snake or 4 living in christchurch as long as there was proper heating and such .....bet there are some who have illegal snakes in nz ...i used to know of some who had illegal geckos they would get picked up and brought in to the locla vet clinic

those earthquakes split me and my partner up he sent me and the girls back here and has stayed tried to get family to relocate somewhere else but pfft each to their own i spose ....could see a snake or 4 living in christchurch as long as there was proper heating and such .....bet there are some who have illegal snakes in nz ...i used to know of some who had illegal geckos they would get picked up and brought in to the locla vet clinic

That's awful feathergrass; I know how you feel. My husband was in Madras St during the February quake. Luckily I was on the coast with the kids at the time so I had the entire southern alps between me and it, but we still felt it over there. He just got away with his life, they had to jack the workshop door open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back