newbie help. multiple pairs of diff species in together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing you really need to do in an enclosure like that is to put live feeders in there. Don't worry they'll sort themselves out.
You forgot that the live feeders should be cane toads, otherwise you may run into an issue. Other than that it sounds like a solid idea.

Wow I read some bulk crap on here recently, but this has to top the cake for me.

Fair enough, I did search for info on this site before i put them in together then i searched google. Only info i found was about wormas and bhps eating other snakes so i asked here altho I didnt expect this to be the norm. And no i am not a troller i was going to put pics up but will refrain now. Thankyou sort of for the advice. From what i kinda gathered from all the slander is that is not done and i will be putting the waters in a different home. Currently the female coastal is in the 4 foot by herself and the rest get along fine. All snakes are happy eating very well and non aggressive (except the one young cage defensive jungle but shes lovely once i get her out.)

About the koala post, do not hate any animal. The point i was trying to make is that peoples perception of them being a cute cuddly defenceless animal is a false one and in the wild (on my property) they are not like that at all they are quite capable of defending themselves.
I am sorry for annoying so many people and will keep to myself in this hobby from now on.

sorry i truly thought you were joking...go now straight away and give them there own homes they may get along fine for awhile even years (maybe)but one and this i assure you one of your snakes will be in a bad mood one day happens to every living thing every now and then,,,what happens when a snake is in a bad mood it bites what happens when a snake has been hurt say um maybe a bite from another snake it bites back what happens when any python bites ....it constricts ...you will end up with dead snakes one day it is only a matter of time....yes this is just advice from some clown on the internet(referring to me)giving his opinion but opinions are what you asked for so please listen...

please dont take offence from the comments made on the site, it sounds like you have been very lucky at housing several together already and hence may be a bit relaxed with the thought where as some of the experinced breeders and keepers on the site know from experience that it doesn't stay like this for long before one gets hurt or sadly killed. We all just want the best for these animals and can be quick to ridicule instead of taking the question seriously so please take the advice and seperate them unless a breeding pair, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Keeping multiple animals of the same species is frowned upon because the owner can easily end up with one or both dead. Multiple species with little to no experience (based on putting two water pythons under a year old with adult carpet pythons?) kept together is just ASKING for trouble.

They may appear to be "getting along", but that doesn't mean they are. I hope for your animals' sake they don't decide to have a munch on one another.

seperate the snakes give them there own homes, would you like to be kept locked up with a pair of yetti a pair of big foot and a pair or gorillas?, on the surface you all might seem to get along but i bet 2 sets are planning when to eat you and the other will just be wanting fot you to bend over and pick up the soap

I was gonna say 'just throw some rats in and let them breed, the snakes will only eat what they need and all will get along fine' just to add to the ridiculous factor, but then I thought it might be taken seriously.....

I truly hope you end up releasing the wild coastal!! his home is in the bush! As for the other snakes PLEASE separate them!

You should have no problems i have a purple spotted monkey housed with my blue lion in my tv cabinet i feed them together with coco pops

thats a good one!! Why do people say all this rubish on here?? ellinng the truth against all the rules huh? As if someone would house them all together.

I am honestly undecided as to whether or not this is serious?!
But if so.... wow. I hope they have now been separated; for their sakes :/

No way this is real. Nobody is that ridiculous

Boom Boom! Wrong answer, guess again!

I am honestly undecided as to whether or not this is serious?!
But if so.... wow. I hope they have now been separated; for their sakes :/

He did SAY he was serious......but he did say he would seperate the water pythons at least :?

Id LOVE for you to post that pic of the enclosure though.......zoom in on the snakes that are still alive........if you can ;)

You asked for help and if you are serious as you say you are then here is the best serious advice you are going to get. Release the wild snake back where you found it and separate all the other into thier own enclosures. Then, do tons and tons of research and ask lots of questions on here and take thier advice and don't take offence. Either that, or re-home some of the snakes. No TV cabinet could be that huge! what are its dimensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back