brutus the freshwater croc and set up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyA

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi people,
Thought id do an update on my croc and his surroundings.
He is nearly 40cm now and 9 months old and going great, eating anything put in front of him, have him fully jumping out of the water for his food, gee are these little power machines no wonder they have survived forever. His set up is a nearly 6 foot tank 2 foot high and has a fixed basking spot with fake grass and a basking lamp he just loves soaking up the heat and some UV's, in with him is a year old murray short neck turtle that has so much character and loves feasting on the croc scraps, also loves basking next to brutus and they dont seem to care at all, also is a convict and her 15 or so babies that have coloured up really nicly, water is maintained by a massive UV canister filter and pumps back into a water fall. Great animals and set up, i will try and post up a vid of him launching for his dinnerIMG_0169.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0071.jpgIMG_0072.jpgIMG_0098.jpgIMG_0100.jpg

Would love to get a croc, such an interesting animal. Looks like hes loving it there so good luck with him

cool how long have u had ya little fella for ?
what are u using for a night basking spot ? im running 2 ceramic heat emitters and some red LED strip lights for night viewing for my boy .

I'd love one but there's no space for when it grows to a 3 - 4m monster.

be carefull with the turtle i knew someone that kept a few turtles with a baby freshie about one a year the crock would clamp down on one of the turtles with no warning at all. not to say it wont work for you "just have seen the other side of the coin"....... but i have kept alot of diff critters together well myself.... good luck

He doesn't have a night light i like it day and night he has a big tank heater so it's always warm he seems to be quieter at night and active all day. He has also given the turtle a warning now and then, yep will grow very slow and will be ok in here for years to come

I've had him around 6 months. Just an advanced licence it's just a simple payment every year and that's it, him and his full set up I will sell for $1200 if anyone is interested

What do you plan on doing with him when he inevitably because to big? Will you have to perhaps just donate him to a zoo?

What do you plan on doing with him when he inevitably because to big? Will you have to perhaps just donate him to a zoo?
it looks like bennyA is going to sell his croc , but for me when mine gets big . he gets a biiigg shed and summer compound .

Benny, I am interested in Brutus. Would you sell him on his own without the tank as I have an 6ft tank myself
Here is my mobile number 0411025336. please contact me asap to let me know:)
Many thanks

Man that is amazing that you can keep such an impressive beast, Lol Australia is defiantly better then NZ in everyway.
And COME ON! QLD why are we not alot to keep these even though the live naturally in the wild :S. You are so lucky mate I would sit and stare at him all day if I owned him :D

Crocs become boring over time kronick

I watch him alot and when people come over they cant believe it, but am mooving into a new house, when he is bigger he can be put out back in an enclosure but I don't think the dogs would like it but the croc farm will take him back for breeding and send a new bub for you so can pretty much have a hatch/juvie for ever and u help the species

And COME ON! QLD why are we not alot to keep these even though the live naturally in the wild :S.
Really? I live in QLD and would love to get a pygmy freshie (since they are just, you know, lying around for sale everywhere at great prices lol). Or do you just mean that you would have to pay an extra fee to keep one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back