Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but seriously does anyone know of a species he can have that are not very common (hence good price) but are very easy to keep (as he sounds like a half wit and needs kill proof animal) and that breeds really easy (as hell probably get two males and its still gotta breed.) If you know off this animal and are also a halfwit can you pm me as i will breed them and makes a zillion dollars as a million isnt enough.

but seriously does anyone know of a species he can have that are not very common (hence good price) but are very easy to keep (as he sounds like a half wit and needs kill proof animal) and that breeds really easy (as hell probably get two males and its still gotta breed.) If you know off this animal and are also a halfwit can you pm me as i will breed them and makes a zillion dollars as a million isnt enough.

Cane toads?

Cheers Brenton

did you really think you would get serious answers? how about you just keep some animals for the love of it rather then trying to make money. when i saw your first post i cringed!

I'm selling them 35k a pop but do bulk discounts.

Cheers Brenton

Brenton - What morph Toads do you have. I'm willing to pay big for a good mottle olive het.

Anyone out there breeding Nigerian dragons? Send me your Westerrn Union details so that I can transfer some money to pay the customs clearence fees.

Originally Posted by Magruber What juvinils sell for the highest price out of the dragon species ?

ones that can cook, clean and are respectful to their elders...BUt as thats such a rare morph i dont think you would find any available cos parent tend to hold on to those ones and try and sell /give away/auction their feral dragons.

Rare morph Homebrokenus draconia ( comes in a variety of colours and sizes)
Respectfulonius draconia ( comes in a wide range of colours rare to find)
Common type Feral draconia can find roaming the street abusing people often during daylight or late afternoons

I would have to say this is the most expensive dragon, if you can manage to get him to breed to a Ruby backed lizard you would be on to millions. You can call it a Diamond Backed Ruby Dragon ;)

d3873580r.jpg

I would have to say this is the most expensive dragon, if you can manage to get him to breed to a Ruby backed lizard you would be on to millions. You can call it a Diamond Backed Ruby Dragon ;)

d3873580r.jpg

Correct thread :p

i wont lie, when i started the hobby the idea of getting a little something on the side was appealing, who doesn't like making money out of a hobby/passion?

that being said, experience has taught me if you really wanna make money, breeding reptiles (or most other pets i should say) wouldn't even make the top 50 list of profitable things to do unless you really know what you're doing and prepared to make losses along the way, even then the chances of your capital going down the drain will always exist.

I'm absolutely positive all if not most of the reputable breeders around here had to work long and hard to be in the position they are in right now, blood sweat and tears, and it's not for the money, it's nearly always because of the underlying passion and/or to obtain a greater understanding of the animals.

if you're in it for the money (as your post title suggest), you're better off getting a "normal" job for a steady income

if you're in it for the money (as your post title suggest), you're better off getting a "normal" job for a steady income[/QUOTE]

Or maybe overtime, will earn ya more

Actually Magruber you also have other concerns to think about here, to do the math on this u first must realize that you are intending to run a business. the ATO will define you as a going concern the second u to start with the intention of deriving a profit and u will need to account for GST, or the second ur turn over is above $2,500 (i think, they may have played with the figure in the last 2 years). additionally u need the cost of a commercial license as i believe that most of the RWL in Australia restrict the numbers of animal u can have to start with and also dont allow you to harvest from the wild.

add to this the cost of food (either the dragons or their food animals u breed urself (better option), heating, environments, fees, charges and advertising, where do u actually see your profit coming from?

but to answer your question, .... = LOTS, diversity in your breeding stock across several species and attempt to sell to both pet stores and to the public. this could allow for the flux in public demand for species, but its only probably a profitable venture in bulk and for very healthy animals.

Im gunna sture this up a bit, :p
for all of you that say you can't make a profit from breeding bearded dragons,
two words "Challenge Accepted".
I say you can make a profit if you do it cheap,
E.g. outdoor enclosure, grow crickets and vegetables myself, other than that theres
little or no electricity needed except for incubation and hatchlings.
so I say bring it on haters and prove me wrong. :evil:

My EX was the most expensive dragon that I know,but never bred with her.

My EX was the most expensive dragon that I know,but never bred with her.

Probably a good thing. I hear those babies are really time consuming and it's really hard to sell them unless you have the right permits

And what would you breed? Can't give beardies or EWD away unless you put up decent money to get hold of a morph or two to start with, meaning you're in the red already. Then you'll have to set up the pit, which will be another spend..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back