show us your water monitor set ups

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry mate I can't help, I saw one at the Ipswich expo it was like A turtle tank with about 3.4 inches of water in the bottom, with rocks and branches so they could get up to the heated glass shelf. It was about 6-8 foot long I can't remember.

yeh that was peters babys my friends ended up getting a pair of him and a pair of the bells phase lacies i got mine of a man up north because peter had none left by the time i had the money otherwise i would of got them from him. I'm pretty sure the mother of one of my lacies came from him a few years ago. the tank he had them in at the expo would only be a display tank tho because they are semi aquatic so have mostly water and a little land wouldn't be so good i don't think i just have a big plastic tub of water in my 8 foot tank and then branches and rocks.

Here's mine. I didn't build it, came with the lizard :)

Attachments

• IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 120
basking temp for mertens

wow thats amazing mine isn't as nice as that. when i make the new one i want to go taller if i don't end up putting them in a pit outside.

what basking temp do you give yours ?

The guy who built it sure was a talented artist, he did a much better job than I ever could! The only thing I changed was I replaced the heat rock and lamp with a 250watt ceramic heat element, giving a basking temp of around 55-65 degrees. The enclosure is about 2m wide, 2.5 high and 1 deep. We're building him an outdoor enclosure soon complete with pond and natural heating from the sun. Those heat lamps are crazy expensive to run!

yeh monitors make you poor with there hot heat haha i have flood lights on mine we just got solar power installed yesterday so hopefully that helps

Lol not really I just use A 150watt spot globe for my Ridge tailed monitor and it gets to 50+ easy as on the top layer of his stack. When QLD had that heat wave for A few days the temp on the top layer was 91oC :O on the top layer of his stack and the reflector is 20 cms away.
Another point is for bigger monitors is that I have read that they sometimes need more the 1 bulb at times, Sometimes 3-4 in A line.

Another point is for bigger monitors is that I have read that they sometimes need more the 1 bulb at times, Sometimes 3-4 in A line.

The hotspot needs to cover the monitor from snout to vent. Floods are better than spots as spots concentrate the heat in a small area while floods give a uniform heat.Some "floods " lens have clear centers causing them to do the same thing. This can cause burns on your monitor

yeh i have 3 to 4 flood lights from buntings in a row for my bigger monitors and kr0nick it does make you poor when you have as many lights running as i do i have apron 45 lights running most of the time plus heat matts and the bigger monitors have 3 to 4 lights each it adds up a lot I'm starting to move snakes and monitors into pits in the yard its better for them and it saves me electricity

yeh i have 3 to 4 flood lights from buntings in a row for my bigger monitors and kr0nick it does make you poor when you have as many lights running as i do i have apron 45 lights running most of the time plus heat matts and the bigger monitors have 3 to 4 lights each it adds up a lot I'm starting to move snakes and monitors into pits in the yard its better for them and it saves me electricity
yup and the less lawn u have the less u have to mow it lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back