reptile licence

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake182

Reaction score
Hello, does any one know when a nsw reptile licence comes i sent the form on the 20th and it still has not shown up so could you please tell me how long it took for your licence to come in the post

Dealing with the department who issue licenses and every other thing to do with reptiles will teach/condition you how to be patient.

a friend down your way just recieved hers it took six weeks.they blamed the christmas backlog....

After 3 weeks I got sick of waiting so I emailed them, told them I needed my application to be processed as the reptile breeder wouldn't hold the animal for me any longer, and within a few hours I had my licence number emailed to me, paperwork on the otherhand showed up 2 weeks later!

After 3 weeks I got sick of waiting so I emailed them, told them I needed my application to be processed as the reptile breeder wouldn't hold the animal for me any longer, and within a few hours I had my licence number emailed to me, paperwork on the otherhand showed up 2 weeks later!

That's the same as what happened with my me, I wasn't going to wait so I shot a few emails there way saying I'm sick of waiting blah blah blah I need it asap and bam I get email saying sorry we have been busy I will personally look into it now, did a direct payment an bam had it that day, hopped in the ute and of I went to go but my first snake.

Just call them & ask them if it's been processed yet & if it has they will give you the number over the phone. If it hasn't been processed & you don't receive it within a fortnight then call them again:)

i applied for mine last week on the net and printed it out straight away :/ went and got my two babies straight away

I emailed them with a very basic question on the 19th December 2011 , got a reply today lol .. they certainly need more staff.

i applied for mine last week on the net and printed it out straight away :/ went and got my two babies straight away

I also applied for mine online, though i only did it a few days ago. what did you print out straight away? did they provide you with a licence number?!

what is their number for the licence enquiries?

Contact the Wildlife Licensing and Management unit on (02) 9585 6406 or email [email protected] for enquiries

Coastyb i'd say that's qld where you can print it out ;)

I called about mine today, they said they're processing 5/1/12 today :(

A lot of the licensing staff only started back this week after the Christmas new year period, if you phone them and ask nicely they generally get it sorted out for you pretty quickly.

wow takes that long, glad im in Qld, got onto the website, popped in details and had it in inbox in 10 minutes, then movement book out in 3 days :)

A lot of the licensing staff only started back this week after the Christmas new year period, if you phone them and ask nicely they generally get it sorted out for you pretty quickly.

To echo this and previous similar posts, while the whole system is a pain and understaffed, the individual staff are often very helpful if you get them on the phone. I few times I have had an import permit expedited, which was a great help.

..... But don't empathise w that lot too much Chris, they may turn you to the dark side! :D

i printed the actual licence out then and there and i recieved my log book in the mail today im in qld tho :/

I'm in Perth so doesn't count for you just thought I'd add to all the heartbreak of people with the opposite!
I went in to the DEC Herpetofauna Licensing reception blahblah.. Handed them the fee and the forms, he came back 3mins later with my lic. number written down on a post-it note and said the rest will be printed and posted before the end of the week.

That's only because our herp community is MUCH smaller than yours and if there was a backlog it's cos someone has been on holiday too long ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back