So angry right now

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle-S

Reaction score
Went down this morning to say good morning to my monitors and the first thing I see is a dead cane toad on the ground INSIDE the enclosure. Of course the next thing I see is my male Panoptes 'sleeping' up the other end. Only he wasnt sleeping.:cry:
Im just so angry at myself for letting this happen. I tried to take such good care of him, I loved him so much.36430_1457835119477_1041330672_31388499_211205_n.jpg
013.jpg

its so sad my friends have lost a few of there monitors to toads they now have 9mm mesh around all the bottoms of the enclosures. i hate cane toads so much there the only animal i can kill and not feel bad about. hope your ok sorry about your loss

Oh that is horrible! :( I am so sorry for your loss, that is a terrible thing to have happen at any time, let alone waking up to it first thing in the a.m! As others have said, dont blame yourself, these things unfortunately do happen, it isnt your fault.

So sorry for your loss, you must be devastated. Like others have said though, don't blame yourself. Damn Toads!

Send a letter of reimbursment request to the QLD Govt for the cost of your pet due to a govt introduced pest.

Send a letter of reimbursment request to the QLD Govt for the cost of your pet due to a govt introduced pest.

Then once you do that go get a golf club and go on a mass cane toad killing rampage, Probably won't do much to there population but at least you get a bit of anger out.

Last edited:
sorry for your loss mate. It isn't your fault though so try and keep your spirits up

Sorry for your loss, Danielle. As others have said, it's not your fault and you did the best you can - sometimes these things just happen.

If I were you, I would double check all the outdoor monitor cages and do what is necessary to ensure no other toads get in again.

Thanks guys. I have been crying all morning...and Im not a crier! Feel like a right sook. Am so glad that there are people out there that understand how I feel....
Vivienne, my female, is wandering over the enclosure,more active than normal.
This afternoon, I am going to Bunnings to get some 200 mm mesh or steel angle to put around the inside of my enclosure, so that this will NEVER happen again.
Any ideas what to do with the body? Donate to the museum taxidermy dept?

As reptile keepers we invest so much time into caring for our reps, they almost become a second job (but one you like). We form a routine around caring for them, I check on my snakes every morning before work & first thing when I get home. So sorry to hear about your monitor, its always heartbreaking losing a pet.

Hi Danielle,
Like everyone else, I am sorry to hear about your loss. Sometimes losses like that can be very disheartening. But Hey keep your chin up.
Sometimes lessons are learnt the hard way, & unfortunate this is a hard lesson. Cheers mate soldier on & look after the others.

I hate those bloody canetoads.

Cheers
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back