What will I do now.....?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chemistry, biol and maths so anything from 8 to 12. How about you mate? Primary?

Maybe it's because I'm still considered a child but I honestly don't think smacking kids does any good.

Chemistry, biol and maths so anything from 8 to 12. How about you mate? Primary?

Year 1/2's in a remote NT community. Worlds apart lol.

Maybe it's because I'm still considered a child but I honestly don't think smacking kids does any good.

I think you need a good backhand after some of your recent posts!

Joking buddy! :p

In some ways for sure and some ways not so much :) good to see a young bloke working where you do though. I bet you are well respected in the area.

Last edited:
I've never smacked my kids, but I will and do occasionally smack my wife when she's been really really naughty.
Only ever with an open hand and only on the bottom;) :evil: :lol:

Are you sure about that, In NSW, Taxi's are still 'legally required' to have a bale of hay in the boot :)

In SA all public houses must provide a hitching rail for their patrons' horses! :)

i still get smacked and I'm thirteen. i just wished i got grounded instead cos lets just say my parents are really good at smacking.

If the cops didnt beat the crap out of me when I was 14 and being very bad I wouldnt have had the fabulous life I have had. I have no doubt of this and really think it's a shame so many good kids are allowed to run amok these days. A bit of discipline early on would give them the grounding we all need as seething bags of hormones called youth.

I read a good quote today (that went something like this);

If a child has a problem with reading, we TEACH
If a child has a problem with multiplication, we TEACH
If a child has a problem with writing, we TEACH
If a child has a problem with behaviour, we . . .
PUNISH? . . . or . . . TEACH?
Makes you think doesn't it

i was 9 when i copped the wooden spoon on the back of my thighs! i have never been smacked since. i turned out just fine and very well mannered.

i was 9 when i copped the wooden spoon on the back of my thighs! i have never been smacked since. i turned out just fine and very well mannered.

But you avatar does not agree:)

that refers to my brain....long story short during a procedure i had done last year the radiologist told me my brain was defective on one side...the transverse sinus and venous sinus on the left side never developed during pregnancy

that refers to my brain....long story short during a procedure i had done last year the radiologist told me my brain was defective on one side...the transverse sinus and venous sinus on the left side never developed during pregnancy
Still cool and post great.

I got the wooden spoon, the belt or a smack when I was a kid, right up until the age of probably 14 or so, the severity of the punishment fit what I did, believe me I was a **** of a kid and so I did deserved it lol.

but really, it never actually hurt, it was more the shock then anything, my mum snapped a wooden spoon over my brothers *** once and he couldn't stop laughing :lol:

though my mums personal favourite was the peach stick, she made us go to the peach tree, pick a green whippy thin twig and she used to give us one little tap with it on the butt or thigh, holy crap it was the worst stinging pain ever :lol: those were the days, incidently if we tried to be smart and choose a dead one or one that wouldn't hurt we got two.

P.S. it may sound like bad or harsh punishment, but I disagree and I was the one getting the smacks, both mum and dad only ever did what was necessary to teach us manners, discipline or a lesson

as a kid i got beaten by my step mum and dad and my step mum nearly killed me no less than 4 times then the NZ version of docs stepped in and sent me to my birth mother who did not discipline me at all and i ran amok..one extreme to another..
personally if one of my kids and i have three ( 18, 14 and almost 4) do something that i feel needs a smack on the butt i will give it to them, i also have tried the grounding and removing of fav things a smack on the butt is thr LAST resort...my dad has since had a stroke and is dying ( we didnt speak for many a year and i live with him and his third wife with 2 of my kids i am a well adjusted ( kinda) person my kids are respectful and have been taught to stand up for themselves at school if they are gonna get in trouble for something they didnt do or take what the punishment is from the teachers if they were in the wrong.
I used to teach in NZ and sometimes ( even now) i wished that parents would give some kids a decent smack on the butt. but some cant do that as they don't know the difference and some are simply not there to bring their kids up and some don't care.I think if more parents cared and had clear boundaries and were there for their kids there would be less of the little feral butt heads running around now getting pregnant and committing crimes...far far too many kids rule their parents these days

pffft, i've got smacked with rattan palm sticks (the stuff they use for wicker baskets n stuff) if i scored anything below 60% on any test. Grew up fine, got great marks back in school, and nothing more. If anything i grew up to respect anyone older, and i also understood after awhile that my parents meant the best for me.

And people wonder why younger kids today (not all, but some, i know there's a few mature ones here) act like spoiled brats.

The first year when i was renting one of my housemates had a young daughter, they HAD to make sure she had no signs of any external wounds or blemishes, anything that would indicate abuse (and no, they loved their kid to bits, it's just that people can and do speculate the worst in schoolyards apparently).

Back in SE Asia we have a traditional method of healing people with fever and chills due to bad weather, which involves rubbing eucalyptus oil and using a coin/blunt spoon to rub the back till its red like a pine tree pattern, opens up the pores, helps you sleep, and actually (i know some will scoff at this) does help. Thing is the redness left on the skin surface needs time to heal (like 2-3 days) and doesn't look pretty, very easy to mistake as "abuse".

When the little one once got sick i asked if they did this (because the family and i come from the same country), and with a horrified look they told me they'd risk jail time if they did that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back