Huge ty

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

longqi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
had a really bad day yesterday... then had a really great experience

Basically got robbed in Singapore
Got wallet etc etc etc
Left me with passport and an empty debit credit card
Had credit on my phone but being in Singapore cost a motza to ring bank to cancel stolen card
Bank advised strongly to lock the account
Didnt think about it and said ok
Then tried to transfer money from stolen card account to empty card account
No can do.. ALL ACCESS DENIED
Ring bank
Sorry Cant unlock that until you either go to a branch.. sorry none in Singapore
[tricky here.. cannot be a agency.. must be a direct branch] of which there are none

Get a special pin we will sms you
TY
SMS please
Sorry Yes we know your mobile is registered to us as in Indonesia
But we dont SMS special pins to overseas numbers
We will send you a Token
OK send the token please now
Sorry that will take between 7 and 14 working days
??????????????????

Long story short
Its night
Im in Singapore with a few cents in cash
Booked to fly back to Bali in morning 9am but need cash for visa and taxes or cannot take flight
No charge or credit left on phone
No cash to make call to anyone
None of my friends or family on line

Get on line and think
APS
Ok so I see who is or hopefully will be on line and send 4 people a message
I have only ever actually met 2 of these people
and that was only once
Never met or even really had long discussions with the others although we have 'talked' in various threads
2 came on line and busted a gut to help
Problem was money transferred to an account takes 24/48 hours to show up
oops
other 2 both sent messages offering any help they could

But my son came on line early in morning and deposited cash which showed up straight away and saved my butt so I got home ok

Im not going to mention the names of the people who helped or offered help because they might get inundated with pms

But this is a HUGE TY TY TY
You all restored my faith in humanity after a bad day
Hearts of gold the lot of you

Warning to anyone traveling
NEVER let a bank lock your account while you are overseas
My new card will be posted to my old Australian address and have to be forwarded from there
$250 to get token couriered to me in Bali,

I like Singapore but I'd hate to be stuck there over night and not be in the hotel, glad you managed to get home. I was expecting you to say that you were still there while reading your post haha

Good to hear you got home ok. Good on the APS members that offered to help!

On holidays in NT, running out of fuel, having a random dude pull over and ask my brother and I if we wanted a lift back to our car after sweating our asses off only walking a few kms restored our faith :)

Glad everythings ok now :)

I think most Aussies will help out where they can, for people who need it.
When I celebrate Aussie day that is the Aussies I think of.
Glad you are home, even tho it's sans wallet.

Glad it worked out for you, and nice to know we have such a nice community here !!!!

Who say's reptile keepers ain't good people !!!!!! :D

On holidays in NT, running out of fuel, having a random dude pull over and ask my brother and I if we wanted a lift back to our car after sweating our asses off only walking a few kms restored our faith :)

standard thing to do up here mate. It's why I live here.

G'day WW how areya?

standard thing to do up here mate. It's why I live here.

G'day WW how areya?

Good thanks Steve, better now... Jack and coke going down very nice lol :)

Hope things good up where you are ?

HA see Aust isnt full of murderers like on wolf creek!

Glad to hear you made it out of that it one piece Longqi!!

longqi,
I am really sorry to hear you got robbed but glad you weren't stranded on top of that.

One thing I have learned is that there are a lot of really decent people on APS. Those who were so willing to help, exemplify that. I believe you also exemplify it. I have never read a terse word from you directed at another forum member. When you have found yourself under fire, you have remained persistently cool, calm and collected, stuck to your argument and never resorted to personal criticism. And you go out of your way to provide thorough guidance to those less experienced. So I don't find it at all surprising that others would want to assist you if they could.

It is a pleasure to read a thread that highlights the positive aspects of members rather than the errant behaviour of a small but vocal minority.

Blue

glad you got sorted longqi...:)

And I agree totally with BT1...ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO READ YOUR POSTS

what a nightmare! glad to hear you got it sorted in the end and that you have been left relatively unscathed!

Glad it all worked out in the end chap Always good when people restore your faith in humanity. the joys of being a nice person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back