is it ok to feed fuzzies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently so, not sure how many or how often but my local pet shops getting some new borns in next week and putting one aside for me so i can see if my BD will eat then and if she does i guess ill offer her at least one a week

yeah, beardies love em.......i been told only once in a while....like monthly at most, cos apparently they make bd's prone to fatty liver. i aint no scientist tho, just what i been told

Lol I feed my beardie A fuzzy the other day as my GTP was in shed and refused it, He smashed it but waited abit (different taste) then munched it down so I am guessing it will be fine just not on A regular basis. I don't know if it will affect the temperament ie making him A blood thirsty monster lol.

I know its off topic, but i fed a largish pinky to my levis the other day...I was proud :D

i used to feed my two a pinkie every friday, and sometimes i would feed a fuzzy. they loved them. would dive across the tank when they saw them on a plate. by far their fav..

I feed me females pinkies after they lay. I had to assist them the first time I feed one to them but now there crazy for them. I've been told because if the high fat content of pinkies and fuzzies it can cause fatty liver so I would think feed them as a treat not a staple.

Once a week is too often for a healthy lizard. I'd feed no more then once a month. Mice are very high in fat content and too many are bad for your dragons. Most people will not even feed them at all, except to condition breeding females.

well i got hold of a couple of pinkies today and offered 'cricket' her first one, she looked at it then looked at me as if to ask 'and yes?' then she jumped on it went chomp chomp and it was gone so i waited a few minutes offered her another and got the same reason so i think based on that success ill offer her a couple around once a month or so

of course that depends on what the result is when it comes out the other end
:lol:

it wasnt miss, i just defrosted them in warm water, held it by the 'tail' in front of her and she took it in one bite

no blood, no guts was very clean and gone in a couple of chomps
:lol:

the look on her face was priceless until she realised it was food and she could eat it

Oh wow, I'd try it but all the other snakes eat rats and the lizards already have such a spoilt, varied diet. I suppose if I bought a beardy that had previously eaten them I'd give it a go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back