"weird" behaviour from my Diamond!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sezzzzzzzzz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

my diamond Sheldon has been acting weird all week, i know it sounds silly, but he has been majorly active during the day, and seems to be trying to get out off his enclosure... I will try to take a pic later. He is nearly a yearling, and about 3 ft long. I have just upped his feed to a small rat every week his temps are 30 hot end and 23-26 cool, (depending on the days weather.). is he getting that loving feeling or is his enclosure maybe too small for him? he's in a 80hx 45 x45 exo terra glass viv...

Thanks guys.

Maybe hungry??
Southern reps like Diamonds know that this is peak season for tucker
Wild ones dont feed much all winter
Bit young to be horny

i just upped his feed to small rats last week!
thats not to say he doesnt want more i suppose!
and he has been displaying this behaviour since i fed him last saturday.

i would say hungry, try offering him a second or slightly smaller one.

thanks redlittlejim. i might put him back to the 2 weiners, as he didnt display this behaviour when he was getting them. he isnt displaying any other hunger behaviour though. But i am willing to try anything to make him happy (plus i dont fancy a feeding response bite!)

Try the 2 small rats
Weaners would be like us having a cheese sandwich for dinner
just enough but still a bit peckish
Growing nicely
Let him grow as he wants to

as stupid as it sounds, he still looks too small for small rats, he's long and lean, but my god he wolfs into them!! will feed him again tonite, only have 2 smalls left and much some much smaller ones than that, will give him one and then top him up after the expo, and then next feed ill give him 2 smalls!

thanks heaps guys.

I just moved a 2.5metres retic from a villa here
Had a little chow down before I got there
House owners maltese terrier complete with leather collar

Youd be surprised what they can fit when hungry

Yes it was quite a dear little doggy they said
But at least they called me instead of knocking it
Be interesting to see if it passes the buckle ok
We'll keep it for a week somewhere warm/dark and hope it comes out

If my kitten doesnt figure out where the litter tray is he may be his next meal then!!! lol

Just gave him 1 small and a velvet (all i had extra) hopefully that leaves him more satisfied!

If my kitten doesnt figure out where the litter tray is he may be his next meal then!!! lol
Lol, holy ****... that's a little harsh! :p obviously you were joking but still :D

Very surprised they called you instead of knocking it after it ate their dog :) shows the true animatarian (though that isn't actually a word, it's defined here so heh :D) in some.

sweet get any pics
I would really like to see pics also; that's pretty amazing, probably not since the snake was 2.5m just the story though in itself.

Last edited:
Lol, well i suppose that's up to you o.0 not sure if you can legally feed cats to a Snake... not sure why you couldn't though if you killed it humanly; anyway lets stop there.

please lets, lol. i actually quite like my kitten, just toilet training him and my daughter at once is proving to be stressful! lol

At least i didnt say i was gonna feed my daughter to Sheldon, lol.

here[/URL] so heh :D) in some.

Most interesting bit was why they called us
A few months GF took some slitherers to the daughters school as part of our free education program
Was her dog but she remembered the GF and how endangered reps are becoming in Indonesia and made her parents ring
Its curled up now in a box in our bedroom with a huge belly
Never saw the dog but it was 3 years old so probably a fair size

We are doing our best to teach the local kids that snakes are really not too bad
Have 5 snakes living in class rooms in different schools with the kids responsible for their care
Lots of phone calls from the kids and teachers but zero major dramas so far
Just have to watch they dont get 'loved to death'
Local people are really starting to question about environmental and ecological problems here
Its good to be even slightly involved

Diamonds as a species are pretty active usually right? I'd enjoy it if I was you :)

I'd get a larger encosure and enjoy the show :)

My Jungle (100cm at 13 months) is in a 400L enclosure (about 1.25 high x 85cm Wide x 38cm Deep) and he uses every bit of it at night. I always catch him cruising around. I wish he was that active during the day instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back