Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found a lot of people say they are selling them too. So I offer them twice what they are asking and say I'll take the lot!!! and I never see the person again! They are all liers! I'm yet to see anyone actually be truthful and see an actual animal with my own eyes... or the "owner" a second time!

lol there all liars, so your saying that people don't sell exotics in Australia? lol

I'm saying they do... just none of the half wits that I talk to! In my experience (worked in pet stores for years) every single person that came in saying they're selling exotics never takes me up on my offer of twice the price and taking everything they have! One dude said he had up to 10 emperor scorps and wanted 50 each, he lived like a day's drive away. I offered 150 each, i'd take all and I'd drive to pick them up asap. whaddya know he's never seen again! Had another customer come in said they had access to corns and boa's etc. 100 bucks for the corns. I said I'll have 20 in all diff colours. I served him and showed him some new products in store etc. said I was dead serious, I'm no tyre kicker! Gave my number etc Yep, never saw him again either.!

If breeding exotics is so big how do they manage to sell the babies? It's not like they can advertise can they ??

I get the odd PM from random members offering things. Very kind and convenient of them I think :) The money is in chameleons! massive multiple clutches and several hundred a pop.

The only illegal herp I would own is a hatchy freshy and IMO they should be on license in NSW anyway!

I'm saying they do... just none of the half wits that I talk to! In my experience (worked in pet stores for years) every single person that came in saying they're selling exotics never takes me up on my offer of twice the price and taking everything they have! One dude said he had up to 10 emperor scorps and wanted 50 each, he lived like a day's drive away. I offered 150 each, i'd take all and I'd drive to pick them up asap. whaddya know he's never seen again! Had another customer come in said they had access to corns and boa's etc. 100 bucks for the corns. I said I'll have 20 in all diff colours. I served him and showed him some new products in store etc. said I was dead serious, I'm no tyre kicker! Gave my number etc Yep, never saw him again either.!

Sorry I thought you were saying people don't sell them in Aus, as I said early in the thread as long as there's a demand for supply and money to be made someones going to supply it no matter what it is.

It was possibly because he thought you were a bit suss saying "double the price and that you would take them all" or as you said he was full of it.

I get the odd PM from random members offering things. Very kind and convenient of them I think :) The money is in chameleons! massive multiple clutches and several hundred a pop.

The only illegal herp I would own is a hatchy freshy and IMO they should be on license in NSW anyway!

lol you would be surprised at the amount of pm's I've got regarding exotics since this thread started.

Agree with ya on the freshys, one was found in western Sydney a few weeks ago behind someones bin, obviously someone has a few.

Last edited:
Wow I never imagined them to be worth that much $$$ so people don't keep them cause there cheaper then.

lol Half the people on this site would most likely have or know someone that has them, and keep it to them selves there smart enough to keep them on the low.. I know plenty of people with exotics it's not exactly policed, I've been in the car with a mate that breeds corns, boas, has a trio of chameleons, crested iguanas the list goes on (not a "badass" one of the nicest blokes you'll meet)we were pulled up for a random breath test he had 3 corns and 2 baby Agamas in the car going to sell them on our way into the city, the cop asked what we had in the pillow slips and why they were tied of with rubber bands he told the officer reptiles he thought he was full of it so asked us to open them up he shined his torch in had a look and told us to have a good night and let us go basically he didn't care or didn't know they were exotics..

The illegal pet trade is allot bigger then people think as long as there's demand and money to be made you can bet your bottom dollar that someones going to be supplying it.

Hahaha, does your mate have any Boelens or Panther Chameleons :lol: ?

How could you not notice your freshy missing!
LOL "Here Spike" It's amazing what's available in one state isn't in another. It certainly makes us Herpers re-think where we move interstate

I also think alot of people on this site get so raging about exotics simply because they are illegal without really knowing anything else. If i kept a corn snake and did not breed or let escape and was just like any other python i see no harm. Somewhat like the steroid scene ( for keen gym peoples will know what i am talking about ) how they are illegal and that's why they are so bad lmao.

There are more exotics here than anyone can imagine. Bit like jags, they are here to stay. No use getting your knickers in a knot over it. Sad part about it is, when they do get confiscated in some drug raid or whatever, they get euthanised and that is sad. Down here some chameleons got confiscated ( a baby one as well as an adult) all euthanised. So, you are not doing the animal any favours if you get caught.

So what do you suggest we do if we're aware of exotics being sold/bred, Fay? Nothing?

With people offering to sell you some? Maybe I need to start a thread about Boas ;)

lol nope people wanting and people that already have them. Maybe I should start a thread about marmosets and monkeys ;)

I also think alot of people on this site get so raging about exotics simply because they are illegal without really knowing anything else. If i kept a corn snake and did not breed or let escape and was just like any other python i see no harm. Somewhat like the steroid scene ( for keen gym peoples will know what i am talking about ) how they are illegal and that's why they are so bad lmao.

lol steroids are bad because they shrink your balls lol

So what do you suggest we do if we're aware of exotics being sold/bred, Fay? Nothing?

You can do whatever you want. I am not your parent. I personally do not know anyone who has them, but know that they are out there as I saw these animals at the vets before they were euthanised. lol

lol steroids are bad because they shrink your balls lol

You let me down : (, see that is an uneducated answer somewhat parallel to this topic, people are just uneducated about the matter and so just ride what is told to them such as the owning one exotic and you should be in jail ;)

I haven't come across people with exotics.. Then again, I barely know many herpers anyway.

Plenty about.If I had a dollar for every time I've been offered an exotic I would be a hundredaire.

You let me down : (, see that is an uneducated answer somewhat parallel to this topic, people are just uneducated about the matter and so just ride what is told to them such as the owning one exotic and you should be in jail ;)

hahaha sorry to let you down if you want me to go into detail about steriods and the effects we need to start another thread. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back