Big big fish!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heelssss

Reaction score
So I escaped to bermagui for the week and went down to the port and found this MONSTER HEAD, it was the size of a large laundry basket. It's getting close to tournament time down there, so the waters r full of anglers and boy everyone's catching BIG fish.
90885da4-fd1a-f8ea.jpg

Love Bermi. A mate owns a unit at the Shiralee. My uncle plays in a Bega based band & plays at Bermi pub quite a bit. Could definitely see myself retiring down there (a few years yet).

Same same, such a nice lil non commercialized town. I will retire there and I will purchase the Berm motel on the cnr, of the rsl. Luv it

yeah a yellow fin and they get bigger then that as iv been fishing for them about 3 years now and they give one hell of a fight

Yeh flathead is delish, and whiting is yummy but. Nothing beats fresh squid. Mmmmm calamari

I don't understand how anyone could eat that much fish even in a year!

When i go fishing i'll catch enough for maybe 2-3 meals for me and maybe 2 decent fish to share around. Usually ends up being three fish... If i caught a fish that size there is no way i could bring myself to keep it.

It is a waste, not only could have been used in a crab pot, but there is a lot of meat on the head that is fine for people, or it could be made into a stock..
I probably would have filled my freezer and given the rest away.

Gordo, im like that with big snapper, Ill take a photo and let it go.
There is something about eating an animal that is older than me that is disturbing.
I think tuna mature a lot quicker than snapper and have a shorter lifespan,
so I just use this reckoning to justify my taking one home.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I just couldn't bring myself to do it is all.

Like with reef fishing, i'll catch as much as i need and then up anchor and either go home or catch something that is better suited to catch and release.

I remember being out trolling for mackies, i got a 30kg beast and i was disapointed because it was waaaay too much meat for me and the lure had torn the crap out of its mouth. So i caught one fish and had to turn back home lol.

It is a waste, not only could have been used in a crab pot, but there is a lot of meat on the head that is fine for people, or it could be made into a stock..
I probably would have filled my freezer and given the rest away.

Gordo, im like that with big snapper, Ill take a photo and let it go.
There is something about eating an animal that is older than me that is disturbing.
I think tuna mature a lot quicker than snapper and have a shorter lifespan,
so I just use this reckoning to justify my taking one home.

I 100% agree, just take what u need, not to waste. Shame a lot of ppl don't think like that though

I 100% agree, just take what u need, not to waste. Shame a lot of ppl don't think like that though
i cant stand the people that catch their bag limit of 4 or 5 species, or sometimes over their limit, especially crabbing, take everything home freeze it and or give it all away to people that are just gonna freeze it and throw it out when the remember its there 3 years later.... i know people that get a few dozen crabs and share them to friends when the cook them, what a waste, if they want it they will catch it or buy it from a co op...

I don't understand how anyone could eat that much fish even in a year!

When i go fishing i'll catch enough for maybe 2-3 meals for me and maybe 2 decent fish to share around. Usually ends up being three fish... If i caught a fish that size there is no way i could bring myself to keep it.
Agreed Gordo... it's such a shame to see how people fish sometimes. Keep bloody everything they get... There's a girl I am friends with on Facebook from up North and every second day she'll post a picture of her "catch" with her boyfriend. There is never fewer than about 15 big fish and the other day for her birthday they caught and killed "over 40"... It's ridiculous.

Limit your catch people, don't catch your limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back