Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just starting to get into keeping. Have always had an interest, the other Id thread on on Delma tincta reminded me where my interest started. Figured I'd throw a few pics up, I know there's other people on here with them so feel free to add your pics if you feel so inclined :).

These are apparently the only pics that want to work - so this is all you get :lol:
Hatchling clutch pair of Pygopus schraderi:
P1040193.JPG
P1040199.JPG

I like animals with a bit of personality, and while these aren't on the same level as small monitors etc, they are pretty cool little critters. They all take food from my fingers and tweezers, the young ones even wag their tails in the same highspeed vibrating way that knobtails do when they are about to pounce.

Last edited:
Wow, awesome little Delmas you have there! Any pics of the setup maybe?

Sorry mate, these are Pygopus schraderi - I edited that out by accident before, will stick it back up there....
Thanks anyway ;)

CUTE! and so little. Their personalities sound like so much fun! So interesting

Doesn't mater mate, they still look totally awesome. Hopefully more pics soon!

I've only got the one other adult male at the moment, will have to work out why the site doesn't like his pics, might just take some more tomorrow.

EDIT - Well there you go, all credit for this pic to Danny Brown, his photo, not mine - better pic than I could ever take anyway :lol:

silver schraderi.jpg

Are their lateral vent scales any different at this age/size as to where they get part of their name from?
........solar 17 (Baden)

He's a nice little bloke.

Baden, they definately have 'flaps', but you only really notice them when they are trying to steady themselves/exerting themselves, like trying to climb against something with their body too rigid or when you pick them up they sometimes push them out. Still very, very small at this stage though.

I love these guys and will be getting some when the breeder puts them together hopefully this yr. There's a few here that keepem.

Sorry Scotty totally missed the second part of your post in my rush to amend my first post. They are pretty easy to keep, this species is not really any different from smooth knob tailed geckos husbandry wise. The older bloke is in one end of a 4ft fishtank with a few cm of washed sand on the bottom, a couple of different types of hides (upturned ceremic saucers, gecko hides, etc) and a bunch of different rocks and stuff for him to explore around. He will happily come shooting out and chase my hand around the tank for a cricket, spends a lot of time with his head and a few inches of body out of his hide watching me move around the house as the tank is in the loungeroom. They juvies are just in a small tub at the moment with a few hides and sand, big enough for room but small enough that they can hunt and catch their food if I don't have time to hand feed them on any particular night.

Money well spent Smithers :)

Defentley a nice male you have, chance of getting a photo that isn't just focused on his face? 'i haven't seen one like it.

Defentley a nice male you have, chance of getting a photo that isn't just focused on his face? 'i haven't seen one like it.

Shane,
This appears to be the same animal, as I purchased from Danny Brown, same regen tail etc. If it's not him it sure looks identicle. My camera software is doing some funky stuff at the moment, will remove this link if needed.

Eastern hooded scaly-foot (Pygopus schraderi) at the Australian Reptile Online Database | ReptilesDownUnder.com

They tend to be sold before they are advertised amoungst friends I imagine, I don't think they are very widely bred.

It will be the same animal as Stewart was with myself and Gunther for the photo shoot (its Gunthers shot, not mine) - an unusual colour pattern that I've only seen from blacksoil grasslands in the far west of QLD.

Here's some photos to show the variation in P.schraderi

Pschraderipr.jpg

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5394.jpg

Hot as Mr Sponge I do like these critters,.....maybe this yr? maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back