Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always has a casual approach to getting bitten .If it happens then so be it you learn by your mistakes .A few months ago i came down with a very nasty what i thought was flu .It turned out i had a bad blood infection, tests ruled out everything that could cause it but the only thing left was multiple bites over a period of time .Yes that's right the good bites i had been getting off the scrub and i didn't worry about was close to putting me into hospital .A course of strong antibiotics fixed the problem but it bowled me over for 2 weeks and was atleast a month after that before i was feeling right again .I have copped a couple of nasty bites since then and i still haven't learned my lesson. So no the is no badge of honour with getting bitten but the ones i do take my hat off to are the keepers that have had snakes for years and are yet to take a bite .

It hurt when my Diamond chewed on my wrist, but that's because nobody else was home so I couldn't get him off, and he was pulling and twisting my skin. Here's what my wrist looked like afterward:

Attachments

• Diamond bite8.jpg
    Diamond bite8.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Diamond bite6.jpg
    Diamond bite6.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Diamond bite7.jpg
    Diamond bite7.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Diamond bite9.jpg
    Diamond bite9.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Diamond bite10.jpg
    Diamond bite10.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Diamond bite bruising.jpg
    Diamond bite bruising.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Diamond bite bruising2.jpg
    Diamond bite bruising2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Diamond tooth2.jpg
    Diamond tooth2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 73
  • After bite3.jpg
    After bite3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 70
  • After bite.jpg
    After bite.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 70
Any proof to this? Doesn't sound legit to me

Rob Bredl - Smells a Rat. - YouTube

I'm in between jobs so I can't be surfing the net but that above clip is from one of Rob Bredl's documentaries that he comments on pythons and there saliva.. In the actual video he goes into more detail, I'll see if I can get it on here some how tonight..

Last edited:
Hahaha Joemal, Unconcious patients still feel pain....lol Copious amounts of alcohol I find do the trick....

some snakes will never bite...but others just cant wait to take a nip at you.....im lucky to have both...not

cant say for the snake bites but, cats have a lot of nasty bacteria under the claws this causes the redness, itchiness, soreness and swelling i think the swelling helps close of the capilaries to stem the blood. Also i think you will find a cat scratch is rather superficial surface damage as in the claw drags along the top couple of layers of skin, if you get a PROPER scratch from a pissed off cat and it scores a deep cut you will bleed quite a lot as well.

and in the majority of cases snakes bites will tend to go deeper into the skin than a cats scratch

So a bite from a snake Is just like the little pain from a needle??? Iv never been bit and quite nervous about it

playing with kittens and puppies results in more pain than young or smaller species snake bites. cop a bite or two from a python while theyre small and get over the fear factor before they get any decent size. as has been said its the surprise element that scares most people. they are quick when they want to be, and there is something buried deep in our brains that says 'snake bite = bad' which causes our fear response.

playing with kittens and puppies results in more pain than young or smaller species snake bites. cop a bite or two from a python while theyre small and get over the fear factor before they get any decent size. as has been said its the surprise element that scares most people. they are quick when they want to be, and there is something buried deep in our brains that says 'snake bite = bad' which causes our fear response.

I had a bit of a fear response when I was bitten yesterday haha....Usually she will just nip but this time she wrapped me up and was chewing and hung on for quite some time.

When they 'hit and run' they do so because you've startled them or they're scared. When they hit and wrap they think you're lunch. You either smell like food or they're really hungry!

When they 'hit and run' they do so because you've startled them or they're scared. When they hit and wrap they think you're lunch. You either smell like food or they're really hungry!

I later had it pointed out to me that I had checked on my baby rats a few mins before....not thinking....Lesson 1 always wash your hands after touching snake food!

Yea I think I'm more worried about the striking part but yea heard they are extremely fast and you won't notice till the end lol I have been tempted to just stick my hand in there and turn away so I don't see it but I'm a wuss haha

cats have a lot of nasty bacteria under the claws this causes the redness, itchiness, soreness and swelling i think the swelling helps close of the capilaries to stem the blood.

Yep! Although I'd rather be bitten by a small snake than get scratched by a kitten who jumps onto your lap and slips... that hurt a lot more than my Diamond bite. This is the result:

Attachments

• Loretta scratch 3.jpg
    Loretta scratch 3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Loretta scratch 1.jpg
    Loretta scratch 1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 57
Rob Bredl - Smells a Rat. - YouTube

I'm in between jobs so I can't be surfing the net but that above clip is from one of Rob Bredl's documentaries that he comments on pythons and there saliva.. In the actual video he goes into more detail, I'll see if I can get it on here some how tonight..

I'm not convinced yet - will wait till you get more evidence from the interweb - I'm ready to be convinced.

It's not that it doesn't make sense - because it does! Just today, this is the first I've ever heard of it.

If you can't dig up an actual published paper on it. Then I think it's a load of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back