Do you believe in macroevolution?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does macroevolution occur?

• Yes

Votes: 94 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha sure but I cant tonight I have too much work to do first

That sounds like a google quote if I've ever heard one... You're going to google it... At least my carbon - jelly bean highway theory was done on the spot... at year 10 level of course.... (not insulted by that in the slightest to the person who mentioned that).

.oO(bet he'll be up all night wondering how he'll do it... He'll have to work backwards of course - 7 billion people on earth now... 6,000 years, changing life expectancy rates, changing birth rates.... Not a challenge I'd take up in a night either.... But one that Carl Haub did - took him 6 years maybe... But a solid 6 years)

That sounds like a google quote if I've ever heard one... You're going to google it... At least my carbon - jelly bean highway theory was done on the spot... at year 10 level of course.... (not insulted by that in the slightest to the person who mentioned that).

.oO(bet he'll be up all night wondering how he'll do it... He'll have to work backwards of course - 7 billion people on earth now... 6,000 years, changing life expectancy rates, changing birth rates.... Not a challenge I'd take up in a night either.... But one that Carl Haub did - took him 6 years maybe... But a solid 6 years)

He probably will be up all night. but im sure that just means he will put a lot more tiime and thought into it than "doing it up on the spot" and sounding so arrogant :) nothing wrong with putting time into things. and nothing wrong with using google and other search engines for information. im sure your scientist use google to do searches.

I don't know how people taught before the invention of google!!!!

I hope he does put some time into it - because I like seeing statistical evidence that can't be proved - it's then a 'possibility'

My worry of course is things like death rates, birth rates, mortality, life expectancy etc etc just won't be taken into consideration.

Plus - another issue of course is in our 50,000 years of civilised culture (or since agriculture approx) we haven't always had the same growth - wars of course took a lot of people out, famine, mini ice ages, and numerous other factors could be taken into account.

Plus - what is the average population increase?

Is it really 1.5% all our existence?

Too many factors to take into consideration for this mini post... But we'll see what comes out of it :) I'm waiting with finger tapping impatience!

population chart.

Attachments

• creation.jpg
    creation.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 106
He probably will be up all night. but im sure that just means he will put a lot more tiime and thought into it than "doing it up on the spot" and sounding so arrogant :) nothing wrong with putting time into things. and nothing wrong with using google and other search engines for information. im sure your scientist use google to do searches.
Scientists use Google Scholar ;)

my point exactley-why is it the same two or three anti - creationests, that keep pulling the topic away from macroevolution.

Do you have a reference for it ? you know from say a legitimate journal... not a fundamentalist website :lol:

Im not anti-creationist, im just a Pearlist.

I would have hated to have been in your biol classes......
Of course you would, i imagine you would hate to be in any science based learning environment.

Edit: nevermind here is the website you got the incorrect graph from World Population Since Creation

Last edited:
my point exactley- why is it the same two or three anti - creationests, that keep pulling the topic away from macroevolution.
TOPIC: Do you believe in macroevolution?

I'm not sure if you are referring to me or not but you are the one who put the ridiculous graph up.

On a side note "God in America" is just starting on SBS.

my point exactley- why is it the same two or three anti - creationests, that keep pulling the topic away from macroevolution.
TOPIC: Do you believe in macroevolution?

Two main points:

1) I teach physics, I leave this sort of rubbish up to the biologists - I for one don't even give a flying hoot about evolution, I just care that the brain washed cynics of religion don't prevail. Because it's stories like creation that set our learning backwards and that's something I would not allow to go on in my department - we teach science and that's what we stick to.

2) This is chit chat - quite often at parties (yep, I attend parties) we talk about one topic, lead off to another, then another, then sometimes back to the original topic, then another - that's how we learn... Interesting really... One thing I've learnt is that despite overwhelming evidence in the favour of a world older than 6,000 years people still believe that the world and the universe was created in 7 (of some arbitrary length) days.... Even in a extreme effort this just isn't plausible... Where did we fit Jurassic Park in?

.. Where did we fit Jurassic Park in?

Slim.. so ignorant..
Fossilsohic.jpg

Sounds impossible right? i mean he/she has a shovel.. but please dont question aka "bash" it.
It makes me laugh.. anyone who is truly shovel fearing.. .already know shovels are beyond logic and "science".. they exist outside the constraints and laws of our universe. ...which is why i cant provide any evidence to support this shovelism explanation..or as some refer to it as spadeism but they are relying on a poorly translated text!!! so disregard all the wrong bits!

So what if the entire academic world disagrees... they are all in on the cover up with the help of the new world order etc!

Last edited:
population chart.

so what you're saying is that despite having twice the amount of time we've only produced two thirds of the number alive before the flood.. you have to realise how unbelievably improbable that sounds right..

so what you're saying is that despite having twice the amount of time we've only produced two thirds of the number alive before the flood.. you have to realise how unbelievably improbable that sounds right..

actually what im saying is that you can believe any crap you read on the net, most of it is placed by people that think they know it all, and seem to have done everything and studied everything in their short 30+ years on this measley planet. most people do a 2 second search and have all the answers, sadly usually the wrong answers, im sure you know what im getting at,

Two main points:

1) I teach physics, I leave this sort of rubbish up to the biologists - I for one don't even give a flying hoot about evolution, I just care that the brain washed cynics of religion don't prevail. Because it's stories like creation that set our learning backwards and that's something I would not allow to go on in my department - we teach science and that's what we stick to.

2) This is chit chat - quite often at parties (yep, I attend parties) we talk about one topic, lead off to another, then another, then sometimes back to the original topic, then another - that's how we learn... Interesting really... One thing I've learnt is that despite overwhelming evidence in the favour of a world older than 6,000 years people still believe that the world and the universe was created in 7 (of some arbitrary length) days.... Even in a extreme effort this just isn't plausible... Where did we fit Jurassic Park in?

i like to think that chit chat is a way people evolve. one topic evolves into another topic and our brains get more knowledge.... evolution proved. but how did we get here to start the conversation? we were created. creation proved. Yay

actually what im saying is that you can believe any crap you read on the net, most of it is placed by people that think they know it all, and seem to have done everything and studied everything in their short 30+ years on this measley planet. most people do a 2 second search and have all the answers, sadly usually the wrong answers, im sure you know what im getting at,

as opposed to believing a book written thousand of years ago and not even from first hand accounts?? or believing in something with no physical evidence??

i like to think that chit chat is a way people evolve. one topic evolves into another topic and our brains get more knowledge.... evolution proved. but how did we get here to start the conversation? we were created. creation proved. Yay

i genuinely lol'd.. we got here through evolution, we weren't just mysteriously placed here..

serious question how do you guys explain dinosaurs and the associated evidence of their age and things like that..

Last edited:
Oh - wait - I thought he meant that the conversation was created - OMG... he meant HUMANS??? ARRRRRRRG!!! I liked it accidentally... Help... Oh, I feel so dirty now....

I thought he said the conversation evolved and the conversation was originally created (with Surroundx being our creator and lord of this thread)... I didn't think he meant that all humans were created... GOD!!

And now I use GOD in a slang way too... and I don't even believe... EEEEEEP!

I'm digging a deeper hole...

Incidentally... Still waiting on results that the world could have been populated in 6,000 years from just 2 people with an estimated 105 billion people to have lived to get us to this current population - using at least some facts that could be gained from various sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back