Do you believe in macroevolution?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does macroevolution occur?

• Yes

Votes: 94 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
6958119859_baa206f368.jpg

Gold star to slim6y for perseverance.
6812062944_8e5f651944_s.jpg

who used the word aestivate? I certainly did not, why would i use a a big word like that, i would use something that the general persons would know, I dont try and make out im some big know it all nob...... (no pun intended).
To answer your question-
1. science tells us that we are either plants or animals- and consider we believe everything science says... i guess yes
2. need to be more specific, everything evolves, the meaning of evolve is to undergo gradual change, everything changes.

Science tells us that we are either plants or animals - what does snakerelocation tell us? Are we plants? Or animals? Or, in your view, neither? Can you be specific with YOUR views on this matter (no trolling, just YOUR views)?

As evolution goes, we're talking about evolution of species - such as evolution from single celled algae to full grown conifers - all evolving from prokaryotes... (I'll skip the necessities of this and hope you'll answer the simple question about whether or not you believe plants and animals evolved from prokaryotes and eukaryotes...)

Need I be more specific than that? My guess is you were stalling for a reasonable answer - because you KNEW what I meant. I'd now like a truthful and honest answer - Do you believe PLANTS and ANIMALS evolved from lower single celled organisms - start with the obvious - plants evolved from prokaryotes to form algae, bryophytes, followed by the vascular plants... Etc

But with scientists or anybody writing factual texts, they show the data that they interpreted and that data they use is usually shown to be credible.

Don't even try explaining peer review to him :lol: i doubt he could comprehend the distinction between a peer reviewed source and some $10 creationist blog.

Just ignore them snakerelocation and answer the questions posed to you - what is it YOU believe... Please help me out here. I'm struggling to see the relevance of your claims about creationism... PM JPN if you want extra help - the equivalent of phone a creationism friend...

It may feel like you're outnumbered on this site, which, clearly you are, but that's because you haven't actually stated why it is you believe the stuff you do believe and why it is you don't believe the rubbish they teach you at school (which is basically the way you put it).

So - are humans animals?

Did humans evolve?

Simple questions - yes or no answers... Use previous posts here to guide you on how to answer these questions about what I mean by evolve....

Science tells us that we are either plants or animals - what does snakerelocation tell us? Are we plants? Or animals? Or, in your view, neither? Can you be specific with YOUR views on this matter (no trolling, just YOUR views)?

As evolution goes, we're talking about evolution of species - such as evolution from single celled algae to full grown conifers - all evolving from prokaryotes... (I'll skip the necessities of this and hope you'll answer the simple question about whether or not you believe plants and animals evolved from prokaryotes and eukaryotes...)

Need I be more specific than that? My guess is you were stalling for a reasonable answer - because you KNEW what I meant. I'd now like a truthful and honest answer - Do you believe PLANTS and ANIMALS evolved from lower single celled organisms - start with the obvious - plants evolved from prokaryotes to form algae, bryophytes, followed by the vascular plants... Etc

Im not stalling for anything, nor am i looking up words and meanings, or am i trying to make out that im some top dog teacher, teaching so called proven "facts", i dont preach, and i certainly dont make out that i have the only answer. mate if you want to believe you came from slime, then good for you. I dont.
and thats my view. you are no different to a typical bible basher thinking they have it all.

Im not stalling for anything, nor am i looking up words and meanings, or am i trying to make out that im some top dog teacher, teaching so called proven "facts", i dont preach, and i certainly dont make out that i have the only answer. mate if you want to believe you came from slime, then good for you. I dont.
and thats my view. you are no different to a typical bible basher thinking they have it all.

Settle down there tiger....

I'm not a dog... My dog is a dog, but I think we've had this discussion on other threads... Everybody, SLiM6y has a dog... ok???

Which therefore means I can't be a top dog teacher... So therefore I don't make out I am a top dog teacher....

Above all... I need to re-point out this very interesting fact... I teach PHYSICS... Ok??? I don't teach about evolution... I teach sexual reproduction, natural selection, some on genetics, etc etc for agriculture. But I do not talk about how humans farmed dinosaurs.

I also don't preach.

I also point out I know just limited amounts of very useful information in order to pass NCEA level 1, 2 and 3 and hopefully help them on their first year of University to become analytical adults.

My job isn't just to teach - it's to teach to question.

I hope you understand that.

I see you possibly do - you seem to question the facts with evidence rather than the facts without....

If I believe we come from prokaryotic cellular life - then so be it too - Slime... Hmmmm.... Seems so hard to fathom really doesn't it?

I'm clearly not a bible basher therefore I am guessing I'm rather different to one. As far as having it all goes - I already told you - I have a dog... But I don't have a cat... So I definitely don't have it all... The next door neighbour has a cat - will that count?

Settle down there tiger....

I'm not a dog... My dog is a dog, but I think we've had this discussion on other threads... Everybody, SLiM6y has a dog... ok???

Which therefore means I can't be a top dog teacher... So therefore I don't make out I am a top dog teacher....

Above all... I need to re-point out this very interesting fact... I teach PHYSICS... Ok??? I don't teach about evolution... I teach sexual reproduction, natural selection, some on genetics, etc etc for agriculture. But I do not talk about how humans farmed dinosaurs.

I also don't preach.

I also point out I know just limited amounts of very useful information in order to pass NCEA level 1, 2 and 3 and hopefully help them on their first year of University to become analytical adults.

My job isn't just to teach - it's to teach to question.

I hope you understand that.

I see you possibly do - you seem to question the facts with evidence rather than the facts without....

If I believe we come from prokaryotic cellular life - then so be it too - Slime... Hmmmm.... Seems so hard to fathom really doesn't it?

I'm clearly not a bible basher therefore I am guessing I'm rather different to one. As far as having it all goes - I already told you - I have a dog... But I don't have a cat... So I definitely don't have it all... The next door neighbour has a cat - will that count?

mate if you had a cat you still wouldnt have it all, cats are only good for dim sims with soy sauce. or maybe in a hangi, with pork and poatatoes.

never tried cat in a hangi... but the next door neighbour has three cats... and I think she's maori too... She might have a good recipe - they look too skinny... And I've been put off food seeing as I just discovered it all evolved from slime....

So in a nutshell you reject the work of decades of brilliant scientists for two primary reason..

1) Its too difficult for you to comprehend.
2) You dislike the conclusion.

If you want to talk arrogance and "know it all" mentalities.. you have elevated the "opinion" you hold above that of virtually the entire scientific collective worldwide across multiple disciplines.. .and you don't have a leg to stand on to support these "ideas".

So in a nutshell you reject the work of decades of brilliant scientists for two primary reason..

1) Its too difficult for you to comprehend.
2) You dislike the conclusion.

If you want to talk arrogance and "know it all" mentalities.. you have elevated the "opinion" you hold above that of virtually the entire scientific collective worldwide across multiple disciplines.. .and you don't have a leg to stand on to support these "ideas".

Um yep thats what i said, oh hang on, no i didnt.
slim6y has put in a good fair fight with "facts"
oh bother, slim6y you are right. now i am starting to believe we do come from slime.
some have just evolved quicker than others........

Admittedly trying to make any sense of what you have been posting is fairly difficult.. but i think point 1 & 2 sums it up.
The way you refer to an evolutionary origin as some kind of "slime" only adds to the impression that you hold some dislike of the notion.

If we did come from some "slime" resembling substance so what ?

Oops, forgot the caption had a swear word in it, I can't delete it

Phew, that was naughty

Last edited:
Admittedly trying to make any sense of what you have been posting is fairly difficult.. but i think point 1 & 2 sums it up.
The way you refer to an evolutionary origin as some kind of "slime" only adds to the impression that you hold some dislike of the notion.

If we did come from some "slime" resembling substance so what ?

***** and clay mate.

Um yep thats what i said, oh hang on, no i didnt.
slim6y has put in a good fair fight with "facts"
oh bother, slim6y you are right. now i am starting to believe we do come from slime.
some have just evolved quicker than others........

you may not have said it, but it's essentially what you have done..

for what it's worth i think you're doing far more harm to the argument of the creationist in this thread which you seem to side with than you are to disprove these so called "facts" that you're seemingly so vehemently against..

you may not have said it, but it's essentially what you have done..

for what it's worth i think you're doing far more harm to the argument of the creationist in this thread which you seem to side with than you are to disprove these so called "facts" that you're seemingly so vehemently against..

im not trying to disprove anything, just saying it how it is, im not saying evolution isnt possible, just believe there had to be a alpha before the beta gamma delta. for evolution to work there still has to be a beginning.

Last edited:
mate if you want to believe you came from slime, then good for you. I dont.
It's not about what we want to believe. It's what we should believe; the direction in which the facts point. And if the facts pointed in the direction of us having evolved from slime, then it would be rational to believe that. Though we need to allow the possibility that new evidence will come along and show that we actually evolved from prokaryotes with little more than a cell wall; their DNA free-floating around within its confines. In that sense our beliefs should be provisional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back