Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

omg_a_gecko

Reaction score
Thought you might enjoy some photos from a field trip performed last month by the Australian Herpetological Society, at Smiths Lake, NSW Australia.

IMG_6628_Litoria%20barringtonensis_crop%20%28Small%29.jpg

Barrington Tops Tree Frog, Litoria barringtonensis

IMG_7157_Golden%20Crowned%20Snake,%20Cacophis%20squamulosus_crop%20%28Small%29.jpg

Golden Crowned Snake, Cacophis squamulosus

IMG_7161_Marsh%20Snake,%20Hemiaspis%20signata_crop%20%28Small%29.jpg

Marsh Snake, Hemiaspis signata

IMG_7172_Diamond%20Python,%20Morelia%20spilota%20spilota_Crop%20%28Small%29.jpg

Juv. Diamond Python, Morelia spilota spilota

IMG_7190_Paracrinia%20haswelli_crop%20%28Small%29.jpg

Haswell's Frog, Paracrinia haswelli

IMG_7229_Death%20Adder_Acanthopis%20antarcticus_ed_crop%20%28Small%29.jpg

Death Adder, Acanthopis antarticus

IMG_7271_Stephens%20Banded%20Snake,%20Hoplocephalus%20stephensi_crop%20%28Small%29.jpg

Stephen's Banded Snake, Hoplocephalus stephensi

IMG_7344_Saltuarius%20morirzi_crop%20%28Small%29.jpg

Moritz's Gecko, Saltuarius moritzi

Which of these species is your favourite?

That is a very attractive paracrinia

Great pics. That one of the golden crowned snake is calendar worthy!

Beautiful shots! I find alot of diamonds up that way, where abouts at smith lakes? I always stick to myall lakes NP.....

Beautiful shots! I find alot of diamonds up that way, where abouts at smith lakes? I always stick to myall lakes NP.....

Great photos.

For those interested the AHS has a scientific licence which permits (under a whole raft of conditions) members to join these field study trips under the guidance of experienced members. The data gathered is then supplied to OEH ("Parks") -GPS location, weather conditions etc. These photo showcase some of the species encountered. Being able to join such activities is one of the benefits for joining the AHS. Of course members who come along cant divulge location information.

smiths lake1-3.jpgsmiths lake-17.jpg

with this being my first field trip with the ahs i would recommend it to anyone. yes you do get to know some fellow members at the pub after the meetings but not as much as a field trip. plus the knowledge you can learn can't be taught in a book.

p.s the stephens banded, golden crown and gecko are my fave pics.

Last edited:
Nice love the pictures of the scaly foot. But even more I looooooove the picture of that sexy secy P.bibroni, favourite frog genus of mine and that is one hot individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back