Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PimmsPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi everyone
the expo is on the 6th May 2012 at the Gladstone PCYC .
finally after dealing with the authorities the last couple months ,the expo is officially on. EPA had a big crackdown on all the qld expos but they will all be run the same .due to the old legislation ,it didnt cater for expos so they are making new rules for expos to run under until new legislation comes into place.

all the exhibitors will be run under an "authorised display" so no animals or products can be sold by them but there will be a "commercial "area for people to sell products and accessories,all those who aren't under the "authorised display".

this means, if you have animals there and also have products for sale,the products for sale must be in the commercial area.

anyone who wants to exhibit or come along to sell products can contact me on 0422589221 or email at [email protected] before the 20th April.
for the exhibitors,i'll need your name,address, phone number, licence number , the amount and species of reptiles your bringing along.
any questions,feel free to give me a call.
cheers
simon

Attachments

• 2012 Poster.jpg
    2012 Poster.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 788
ah painful. Funny how they can control the product sale too. Shouldn't that come under the Dept of fair trading?
I don't thing the EPA wants to evolve with the hobby and thats why they make it all so difficult.

Hrmm to come up or not to come up.. that tis the question :)

+1 attending :) Will reptiles be for sale? Or just products like enclosures and accessories? I didn't understand at the start of the thread.

+1 attending :) Will reptiles be for sale? Or just products like enclosures and accessories? I didn't understand at the start of the thread.

just products and accessories. some of the animals on display may be for sale ,but not at the expo.if there is something you like,take the breeders buisness card and call them after the expo.
cheers
simon

because of the boom going on in gladstone at the moment,there isn't much accomodation about.if your travelling for the expo you'll need to book a motel early

Last edited:
Queensland reptile expo is going up on facebook at the moment so you can check out photos from previous years and will be updating info for the up and coming expo.

Well I'm not going to far up Qld I was looking forward to it :(

Not gonna drive up just to buy accessories... is there any qld expo this year that will have reptiles for sale?

The Scales & Tails Australia team are looking forward to catching up with everyone up in Gladstone.

Well done Simon.

See you all there.

Cheers
Joy

Not gonna drive up just to buy accessories... is there any qld expo this year that will have reptiles for sale?

Not in QLD no, I'm not attending any. I have more than enough equipment and food and supplies and they are all too far to drive for that stuff anyway

If I were in Qld I'd make the trip just to reward you for the hard work and time you've put in to ensure it runs. Maybe next year when I'm back in Brisvegas. Hope you get a great turnout!

Im Looking of going up,.
I was thinking of doing a display for my Netteds.. (but dunno how to go about it)

I always love going to expos but never see may dragons on display - only really see them in little tubs for sale.

Im Looking of going up,.
I was thinking of doing a display for my Netteds.. (but dunno how to go about it)

I always love going to expos but never see may dragons on display - only really see them in little tubs for sale.

if you want to display your animals,all you have to do is send me a pm or email with your name,licence details ,address, species's your bringing and how many.. its free to display for exhibitors and commercial stalls.

there is always negativity on the forums because Queensland expos cant sell reptiles at the expo.the fact is that there are plenty of animals that are for sale, on display at the expo,just they cant be advertised or bought at the expo. if you see something you like that you might want to buy,take one of the breeders buisness cards or get their phone number and give them a call AFTER the expo.so that is no excuse

Another advantage to qld expos is that alot of the reptile breeders have their breeding animals on display ,so if there is something of interest,ask some questions and you might be able to put an order in.
cheers
simon

Last edited:
We will be there with a display, some of my future breeding snakes & some of Paula's Geckos.
We may also take some nice Coastal Carpet hatchies, but as the Rules state they cannot be sold at the expo. If someone did want one, we could talk after.

Cheers
Ian

We will be there with a display, some of my future breeding snakes & some of Paula's Geckos.
We may also take some nice Coastal Carpet hatchies, but as the Rules state they cannot be sold at the expo. If someone did want one, we could talk after.

Cheers
Ian

There might be a lot of wheeling and dealing done in the car park, I think.
Which is not technically the expo..right?;):lol:

which brings the whole arguement back to why the heck can't we all just do it out in the open legally? frustrating. But some of us can't hang around for the entire time waiting for the show to end so we can negotiate in the car park

and that's on the offchance we do find something we want AND that something is for sale AND that someone hasn't beaten us to it!

I know doll, but trying to get DERM to behave in a way that makes sense is like trying to get a holstien friesian to understand quantum mechanics.

Doomed to failure from the get go.

After Living at Gladstone for a Decade this doesn't happen much, move away and there is one run 8 months later lol Dam....Think the Sunshine Coast needs to run one!
And peoples if you are travelling to Gladstone for this sleep in your car, not only is there a lack of accommodation but good luck finding a place to stay cheaper than $250 a night! That towns a rip off!

I know doll, but trying to get DERM to behave in a way that makes sense is like trying to get a holstien friesian to understand quantum mechanics.

Doomed to failure from the get go.

LMAO must be frustrating from reading the various posts here,this Derm or germ needs to give themselves an uppercut then another uppercut.

I was looking forward to the Gladstone Expo being on again but would have thought they could all now sell commercial reptiles in the separate reptiles for sale area like Scales & Tails did.
Will it end up with one room for display animals and another room for the products. Could the product sales area not also contain commercial reptiles for sale?
I have a number of young Blue Tongues and Beardy hatchlings but I image like the original ruling you can't even mention the price while the expo is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back