Australian Air Express does it again......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptalica

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have heard that AAE can balls things up with regards to freighting and the like. Well my cheese and kisses was just at the AAE depot at Melbourne Airport to pick up our three Central Netted Dragons. She was there for at least an hour whilst 8, I repeat 8 staff searched high and low of the missing delivery.

The customer service she received was nothing short of disgraceful and most of them were just concerned about what they were wearing out tonight, what they were going to drink, how much they were going to drink etc etc etc.

Whilst all of this was going on the search continued for our 3 x CND's. Anyways it just gets better.

A staff member then emerged with two large green birds with orange beaks. Given I wasn't there I am unable to determine what they were.

Like seriously what kind of business r they running out there. Anyone else had similar issues??? I know aae pretty much have a monopoly on freighting domestic pets so we have our hands tied.

Oh and at one stage they told her they never came off the plane from Brisbane which had since departed.

I was ropable and got on the phone to aae ready to torch the first person. Ironically as soon I got someone the CND's were located and are now en route home.

Rant over. :evil:

Last edited:
isnt it strange ive never had a problem with them, in fact the AAE bloke here is wonderful, when my last gecko arrived earlier then i expected he rang and arranged for me to come to his house to collect it

they also let me open the containers before i sign for them cause i told them if anythings happened Rex will try to blame them but if i havent signed for it then its Rex's fault

i once seen the baggage handlers THROW a box onto the trolley and it turned out to be my delivery, i emailed Rex and naturally got the run around and was told to use the proper shipping container my response was the gecko had been packed in a very strong box which was NOT damaged and the problem was with their handlers who THREW the box

i have dealt with them many times in Sydney,,have never had a problem..They are very matter-of-fact however, and i don,t know how they would react, if anything did go wrong

Both of my snakes were sent to Townsville from Brisbane using aae and both times I had no issue. My only gripe was both planes were delayed meaning I had to stand around waiting, but my time ain't that precious so yeah.

To the OP: sounds like innocent human error more than anything, no ones perfect even a big company like aae.

As for having seen a package being thrown around, that's another thing altogether. Extremely unprofessional. I would have complained too.

Erbitting the oarth.

So where were they located and enroute from?

Where I work, AAE deliver our items... I would pick them up from the airport instead of having them delivered to my workplace...
We are right next door to the depot... I've seen some baaaaddd *****

isnt it strange ive never had a problem with them, in fact the AAE bloke here is wonderful, when my last gecko arrived earlier then i expected he rang and arranged for me to come to his house to collect it

they also let me open the containers before i sign for them cause i told them if anythings happened Rex will try to blame them but if i havent signed for it then its Rex's fault

i once seen the baggage handlers THROW a box onto the trolley and it turned out to be my delivery, i emailed Rex and naturally got the run around and was told to use the proper shipping container my response was the gecko had been packed in a very strong box which was NOT damaged and the problem was with their handlers who THREW the box

i have the same thoughts, i use them with work on an almost daily basis and there fast and reliable, 14 hrs for stock to arrive from sydney to lismore at my door....
but i would have to say if its alive in a box it should be clearly marked as fragile live goods and handles appropriately....

That is a bit of a big oops isn't it as they weren't even unloaded. Not sure which is worse, not unloading it at all or getting it mixed up with other parcels and sending it off to somewhere like Ballarat?

I think the issue like all large businesses is the bigger the store the more crap the service is. Townsville is fantastic although for reptiles I do find their air con to be too cold. But by the sounds of things when it comes to staff.... you get what you pay for, or if you hire the kid you get distracted tantrums

It seems most regular users dont have problems with AAE. If AAE had to hire enough staff to walk every possible customer through the problems which can occur with livestock airfreight, prices would go through the roof. As it is, I am amazed that they still bother to cater for casual users.

It seems most regular users dont have problems with AAE. If AAE had to hire enough staff to walk every possible customer through the problems which can occur with livestock airfreight, prices would go through the roof. As it is, I am amazed that they still bother to cater for casual users.

For a minimum cost of $65 (for a small box containing a reptile weighing just a few grams sent airport to airport with no delivery), they'd be insane not to accept the $$ of casual users!!

Personally they have my confidence as I've never had an issue with the Sydney depot. Friendly, curtious and the service seems fine. My main gripe is the cost which is comparable with buying a seat for myself!

I've used the Adelaide Airport depot of AAE for years and found them fast and reliable. The staff are very professional about dealing with living freight and I have seen staff members remain calm and again professional when one herper I know decided to be a smart ar$% and stir them up infront of me. I'd happily deal with them again :)

My BHP lad came up from down south - his box fell off the transport trailer to the plane in 9degree temps, he was there for over an hour or so when the next trailer transport drove by and noticed the tub on the road! Instead of picking him up at around 4pm i had to go back at 7pm to pick him up - thankfully his previous owner packed him well! We were both seriously worried for him but luckily he was safe and sound - just cranky! The guys at AAE showed some concern but all in all - there was nothing they could do.

damian it had stickers all over it, 'live animals' and the picture of the turtle was circled cause they didnt have a reptile picture on the sticker so the handlers knew there was a live animal in it, well they should have known if they bothered to look at the box, i wonder how many of the problems are actually the baggage handlers or the carriers and not AAE

A couple of tricks with freighting live animals with AAE , package as large as you can afford an extra 20 buck for the next size up makes your shipment much more visible amongst the sea of freight , the other thing that helps is make sure you or the person you have purchased from labels the hell out of the package.
I have had problems with freight location by them a few times but have never had shipments lost

When I picked up my package from AAE From Sydney, A chick got her bird before I got my Stuff that was from a flight an hour after my flight (and I knew my flight had landed on time). Don't know how it works they seem to not care they just sit round and do nothing. Must not have much control over the air strip and when they can go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back