couple of my little beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That second one looks great! He'll be a stunner when he grows up!
What are the parents like?

Please help

Hello there :p Your beardies are gorgeous!! I was wondering if you could give give me some urgent advice pretty please! Please read the following message!

I have just been given a baby bearded dragon (Im disgusted as to how I got this baby beardie, from my partners poker mate !#@head) it was given to me in a glass Vegemite jar (not sure how long its been in there) I know its not 13 wks old (I already have a bearded dragon'prickles'which I got from a petstore and at that age prickles was a lot bigger) As a guess I would think its just a hatchling as the baby is not even ten centimeters long. The poor little thing is very skinny and dark in colour. The only thing I could think of as to what to do was to put it under the uv light for some heat and offer it some tiny crickets, I know that having the baby in with prickles (just over three months old) is not a good idea,I am very clueless as to what to do. I cant let the baby go as it is very cold outside and I'm quite sure it will die.HELP ME! I live in a small country town so I cant take it to a rspca the vets around here are for domesticated animals and farm animals.Thank you

looking at your previous thread re- prickles , you have all the advice you need. if there is a size difference in the young bd's i would not keep them together, if you plan on keeping the new one, you need to set it up the same as you have prickles, or find someone who can. it's a shame there are @holes out there who dont look after their pets. good luck with the little one

Thank you very much :) Hopefully the baby survives the night.

Once again thank you. Good news the little guy survived the night and is now in very good hands of a reptile wildlife carer.

Last edited:
so 6 weeks after my last clutch hatched, big momma decides to lay clutch number 3............roughly 14 weeks between clutches. and i couldnt even tell she was gravid by looking at her, no unusual behaviour. i put her into a new enclosure and she started digging around right away, so i had to have a feel of her, and sure enough , little baby bumps inside

so had to get the incubater out of hibernation and make up a quick laying box

15 little eggs layed, but 2 look to be duds........

and i was looking forward to not having to buy small crickets anymore too

here's the little girl from pic 2 in my first post nearly 3 months later

View attachment 244018

bits of orange and yellow coming through now, hoping it turns out to be a good lookin lizard. the red foot is just stained from the sand substrate

another little girl having a tough time with her shed

IMG_0029.JPG

here's the little girl from pic 2 in my first post nearly 3 months later

View attachment 244018

bits of orange and yellow coming through now, hoping it turns out to be a good lookin lizard. the red foot is just stained from the sand substrate

Hate to say it, but I told you so :p.
She's beautiful!

thanks peeps, and yep pinoy, you called it from the start.

had another clutch start to hatch over the last couple of days, and 1st one out has the same solid double pinstripe down the back. got 8 new mouths to feed now, and 2 more eggs still cookin

couple of shots today, was hoping for a bit of sun so they would show their full colours, but they still look nice.

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back